GTR2 to GTR Evolution Conversion (GT)

This is a link for the Gtr2 to Race 07 link.
It is too big for the download section ~ 550mb
A huge job to do the conversion but could still use some fixes and upgrades.
Also a lot of extra unnecessary files left in there.
So decided to have a go at it and when finished make an upload here in RD.
Volunteers welcome to join :)
Just WOW, thank you so much, coudnt find it anywhere. I am interested to help you but have 0 skill, what can I do? I am ready to learn what is neccesary.

Willing to help and learn new things are a great skill.:)
First would be to use the mod and then write down what looks off if anything one the cars you try.
Did notice some textures looked blurred. Like the F 550 steering wheel comes to mind.
A lift of issues is a good start
If we get the graphics sorted first then we can have a go at the physics

Andreas, can I ask?
I have several installs of GTR2, but my Race 07 is on steam, is it still possible to have separate installs with it, I would like to have one just for your super tourers.

Yes, the only way to do this as far as I know is to just copy the Race 07 folder and paste it in the same folder and rename it (obviously). I have a "Race 07 ST" folder with only my Super Touring and BTC cars.
I have also removed the cars that come with the game to make it as clean as possible. To not see the standard game classes if you have uninstall them, you can delete the other .gdb files in 'Gamedata\Classes'.

There will be a new folder "...Documents\SimBin\RACE 07 Install 2" for the new install, so you can copy controller profiles and other useful things.

The new install should be run from "Race_Steam.exe" in the new folder. It still requires Steam to be running.

Last edited:
Yes, the only way to do this as far as I know is to just copy the Race 07 folder and paste it in the same folder and rename it (obviously). I have a "Race 07 ST" folder with only my Super Touring and BTC cars
Thanks, maybe it's time to delete the entire game with all the addons and start afresh, my current install runs to about 26 gbs.
When you say paste it back into the same folder do you mean the Race07 root folder.

Like this. I have 3 versions now :D

( D:\Program\Steam\steamapps\common )

1595326135697.png

Very happy for the interest and any help and suggestion would be great.

I did the same with the steam installs but lost that with a HD crash and have used a off line Race On for mods but will reinstall to get a clean steam install and copied installs for testing.
I do see what you mean with file structure and files it is kind of a mess.
So Andrea if you could do that it would be a great start or even just a few cars so we can see how it is done.
Could likely slim down the Mod with 200 mb?

Thought using the EVO GT sounds as much as they are available as I assume all interested in this mod would have the EVO GT series anyway?

Anyway will start on the NGT cars with regrades to graphics and sounds today.

No problem, I have fixed most of it already, and applying the Tinytweaks to the tires now (and there are a lot of them...). I don't plan to make any setup changes now other than brake bias.
I will send the changed files back to you, and then we can see if there is anything else for me to do :)

Last edited:
Glad to see @AndreasFSC working on this project with my friend Bjarne :)

Please wait 2 or 3 days because the GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch v14.0 will be a major update as I did fix other 14 years old bugs ;)

When the race conversion will be finished then you can split the mod in 3 parts for 24h, NGT and GT cars so you will be able to upload it to RD... or 2 parts with cars + sounds... Anyway do as you want :)

Last edited:
Will not be an issue to reduce the size of the mods as I plan to make use of the assets already in Race 07
It will be a somewhat bigger job but nothing compared to the first conversion.
Got a rough NGT overhaul graphics wise and just a few fast fixes on ai and physics and I am confident it is going to look and drive great.

Q:
In the menu where you select the car type you want to drive
As an example
Ferrari GTC .
Would like to change that to Ferrari 360 GTC
Where is that entry?

Do you mean
Model="Ferrari 360 GTC 2004"
They are in the .car files, so the same .inccar file could be used for 2003 and 2004.

I have made changes to the names and manufacturers to the same system as in other Race 07 cars.
So you can wait until I have sent my updates

This results in that all cars ar in just two classes, but that could of course be changed

1595357516232.png

1595357594983.png

1595358697321.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back