GTR Evolution - Pre-Release Topic (merged)

What I really dont understand is why SimBim dont just get someone to come in and at least give an approximate, it would be fine if we knew Germany was getting on the 14/08and rest of Europe on the 21/08 and America 29/08 or whatever but so far I have dates
14/08, 21/08, 29/09, 09/09, and 28/09 I think from memory, surely someone from Simbin knows the date it will be up on Steam as thats when everyone everwhere can D/L. I understand the different dates for different countries as we have seen that before with GTR1 release even. But with Steam, surely someone at SimBin could help here and stop the specualtion.

OK its now 23:14 20/08/ in Aus, GMT +9.5 :) so by about dinner time tomorrow when I get home from work there should be a nice game for me to D/L from Steam, as I am sure thousands of others are hoping for, if not the forums will go crazy I think wanting answers and I think that will be fair enough as the main date we did get was the 14/08 then moved to 21/08 and we havnt seen this date change, so this date you would assume is a Steam date as we now know different dates for differnt regions, if steam dont have it tomorrow someone from SimBin should be giving us a date.

• shenken

It would be an absolute horror for Game Companies to announce approximates/estimates or whatever kind of Release Dates. The history always has proven, that with Release Dates given and cannot be met, the community starts to flame, whine and to rant against the developer. Noone wants this and therefore I can understand that developers either don´t mention anything or just post a vague date like "Coming in Autum 2008" or something like that!

just my oppinion.

It will be out when it´s out. It´s easy as it is :)

As Ramon mentioned, the exact releasing has little to nothing to do with the developer, so if someone will be upset about no info on release date, or date not kept, hope the direction of the feelings will go towards the distributors, and not the developer... my 2 cents... :)

Yes they have the expansion pack down to be released 2 weeks after the full package and also £5 more!!!

I've pre-ordered the full package at £19.99 instead of the addon for £24.99. Hopefully I'll have it before next friday as its a pre-order as I'm off work during next week:)

• shenken

Hmm it says £19.99 for the expansion pack?? lol

I would have thought the £24.99 was for the full game.

The information I have is, that there will be 3 kind of versions if i´m not mistaken:

- GTR Evolution Retail Version (Stand Alone)
- Race07 incl. GTR Evolution Retail Version (bundled)
- GTR Evolution Addon via Steam download

Each kind has different prices though I don´t know the prices. I just know that the Steam Download Addon for Race07 will be a cheaper if i´m not mistaken than the bundled and Stand Alone DVD Version.

That's very smart to put the GTR Evo upgrade 2 weeks later...
As many people will still go for the full version.
As they cannot wait to get their hands on the official "nord" and the new sets of wheels.
And fork out the extra 20,- euro from their wallets.
Many shops will not even offer the upgrade.

Hmm it says £19.99 for the expansion pack?? lol

I would have thought the £24.99 was for the full game.

May well have changed now. When I ordered it they only had the Bundle pack not the expansion pack. If they have put the Bundle up to £24.99 then I'm covered by their pre-order price guarantee, so I'll still get it for £19.99:becky:

Did think it was a bit strange, but I'm glad I ordered it when I did!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.