xbox games will play on windows 8 (still to be confirmed) so technically it could be the same game so maybe in the future no need to buy for both systems.
Actually it will not work in that way cause M$ can only see $. BUT I know Portal 2 already offers crossplatform gaming on PS3 and PC. In addition when you buy a PS3 version of the game you get PC version for free. Also Valve announced that they design new version of Counter-Strike, which will also allow cross platform gaming on PS3 and PC. Simbin successfully sold their games via Steam so my bet would be that cross platform gaming could be achieved by co-operation with Valve. Additionally potential customers would prefer Steam integrated game rather than the one using GfWL! (or XBL because this is what GfWL! is going to be transformed to accordig to M$) simply because GfWL! is annoying and not as functional as Steam.

Shift 1 and Shift 2 could have been epic, but I believe it's because of the consoles that they were horrible.
You are incorrect Mike. EA are to blame for Shift & Unleashed being rubbish, not because the game was ported to consoles.

EA insisted on dumbing down the physics across alll platforms because they got scared the game would be too sim for the NFS crowd (that is PC AND console NFS fans!). The original Shift code Alan from VVV Gamer previewed on the PS3 (I believe) was stunning. Alan then played the retail version and found to his dismay the handling was completely different.

EA even meddled in what could and couldn't be patched for both games, leaving the modding to the gamers which reading the NoGrip forums, Ian Bell and co are rather pleased with.

While it is true the full simulation titles are mostly confined to the PC, there are many console gamers who'd love a decent PC level sim. The only issue is that Forza and GT are about as "harcore" sim as publishers are willing to go.

Group 5 cars FTW. God those cars are amazing. That car I posted on Facebook was a good way of honouring the late Steve Jobs.

Its a good offer Ross, if you giftwrap your selve pretty enough and put yourself on Ebay, i will see what we can do.

You are incorrect Mike.
I believe he is partially correct. Shift 1 and 2 were aimed mostly at consoles and this is why the physics are simplified so much. If it was PC-only game there would be a greater chance of having more advanced physics. Maybe not GTR2/rFactor level but still better than it is at the moment.

too sim for the NFS crowd (that is PC AND console NFS fans!)
It is MOSTLY due to console crowd. NFS has fans playing on PC, sure. But that is only a small percentage.

The only issue is that Forza and GT are about as "harcore" sim as publishers are willing to go.
They are not as hardcore as publishers are willing to go for. They are as hardcore as majority of the audience wants them to be. If the percentage of people playing console games and wanting more advanced sims than GT5 and Forza was higher then consoles would easily have sims even more advanced than PCs. M$ is only concerned about earning money and if their predictions indicated that true-to-life sim would be more popular they would go for it regardless of many casual drivers.

J-F_Chardon said:
Hello,

I can see a lot of discussions going on, just let me say that what we are working on at the moment will be a lot better looking than Race Pro. Sounds are greatly improved as well. Much better than you could imagine
Smile.gif

I think you can expect some news pretty soon.

I understand that it has been over a year since the announcement, but you know how it is: before you start talking about a project, you'd better make sure that your project is going to happen for real. And while you guys were wondering what was going on, this project was just getting real
Smile.gif

And the team here is just as impatient as you all are to start leaking stuff and showing off the progress made.
JayEkkel said:
I have said it here before, the fact we do not show our cards yet, does not mean we are just rolling thumbs here. The fact we havent shown stuff yet, does not mean it is smoke and mirrors. I think we have been as straight forward as we can be towards you. Obviously not shedding every detail of what we are doing, but give it some time...you will get there.

Show your things to early and you will see mixed reactions and confusion on what is what, as we have seen recently from our friends at ISI. Showing alpha screenshots caused some confusion and mixed reactions, although it is cool they allow for a good insight of their production. Remember it took a while to see the first signs of life of RF2 as well. Same case here, as ISI we are a small team and we are working our hardest to produce a kick ass game.

I hope (i know RR Online is pushing for it, and i am 100% behind them) we will also be able to give insight in our productions once we kick-off our project. I think it is one of the best things you can do as a developer to keep people informed and interested in what you are doing. Kudos to the ones that are doing just that!

And just to have said it we are not using RF2 as a base to our game!
Does this sound like vaporware? On the one hand people are angry when releases get rushed, on the other hand everyone is angry when the developers take their time to finish the game. Make up your mind.

"""I hope (i know RR Online is pushing for it, and i am 100% behind them) we will also be able to give insight in our productions once we kick-off our project. I think it is one of the best things you can do as a developer to keep people informed and interested in what you are doing."""" So the foundations are in place just waiting to start...

So why worrie about GTR3, when theres GTR2 with all its wonderful MODS (how many of you out there have never tried it). Im finding it a more complete game/sim than Race... And im hoping with the power and glory 3 mod i will get a revamped gtl version, the review was a great read... anybody know a release date...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 430 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 268 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 287 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.1%
Back