Oh wow, what a surprise this is! :confused:

Not. :rolleyes:

The truth is that almost nobody will be feeling disappointed today, because the launch of a Discord channel and the announcement of a pending announcement which never came was not enough for anyone to get hyped up in the first place.

This whole project has been a joke from the start, and for me at least, SimBin and GTR 3 have lost all credibility. I'm not even interested in this vapourware anymore. They claim lessons have been learned, yet it's apparently taken them many years and multiple false starts to learn them. I fail to see how that qualifies as "solid talent", and any development staff with even a modicum of talent would do well to find a job elsewhere... like with a company that actually releases products.

RIP GTR 3. In this already GT-heavy sim-racing market, you won't be missed. :poop:
If they could create a title as good as GTR2 was for sure it will be missed.

15 years after GTR2 and no softhouse has managed to create a multiclass series game as good as GTR2 including AI, full championship and weather.

Just look at atrocious rF2 attempt to create a weather system where when starts raining in the middle of a racing it immediately becomes a slapstick comedy. Or in 2021 thy don't were able to implement a championship mode.

In other hand, Raceroom is not even able to deliver a damn 24 hours cycle let alone weather.

So, a proper GTR3 will be missed for who remember how complete and solid the title used to be but unfortunately is dated.

More importantly: do we really need *yet another* game featuring GT cars? Aren't ACC, AMS2, rFactor, R3E and Assetto Corsa enough?
Of course we need. All of the mentioned games have their fatal flaws. None of them are complete titles as GTR2 used to be. Most close to it would be ACC but it's a one series title only (and one of the most boring series IMHO) and using UE4 (I barely can run in VR with a ****ing 3080)

Last edited:
If they could create a title as good as GTR2 was for sure it will be missed.

15 years after GTR2 and no softhouse has managed to create a multiclass series game as good as GTR2 including AI, full championship and weather.

Just look at atrocious rF2 attempt to create a weather system where when starts raining in the middle of a racing it immediately becomes a slapstick comedy. Or in 2021 thy don't were able to implement a championship mode.

In other hand, Raceroom is not even able to deliver a damn 24 hours cycle let alone weather.

So, a proper GTR3 will be missed for who remember how complete and solid the title used to be but unfortunately is dated.

All no Problem :)
Be happy that simbin created GTR2 - Race07 and so on,
i hate hype about new titles, realistic and let ending the beta-test phase, today the use must pay for beta-test a lot of money, but if the market make this possible its o.k.

GTR2 with anniversary etc. updates by gtr233 and so on futhermore is o.k.

You need one title more with modern GT3 - Cars ?????
I think - no

they could create a title as good as GTR2 was for sure it will be missed.
You can't miss something you've never had, and with all the quality GT content we have across multiple sims I hardly see that another one is even needed.

If SimBin even still exist as an entity, they'd be better off putting their effort into something we don't already have. GT Legends 2, for example.

Hasn't licensing always been a nightmare for developers though?

I thought brands and marques had woken up to the fact that having good exposure in a video game nowadays is a really, really good idea and would try to make it happen rather than being obstructive.

I think it depends on the company, Ferrari licenses are really expensive, that's why they aren't in raceroom.

it's unfortunate but not out of the ordinary with smaller studios, the only thing I'm concerned about is that if they already licensed a bunch of content in the past couple years... when they eventually release the game, they'll be really old. hope they work out the issues and release a game worthy of the name GTR.

I don't think they have anything licensed yet. All the screenshots they showed are from R3E assets, they look more like proofs of concept they can show in meetings and such.

Game looks beautiful!

20210325_150242.png

• Deleted member 13397

i am deeply sad GTL2 was abandond (by tinny feets)

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of hundreds of titles on Steam that fall into the category of racing I think it is widely accepted there are less than a dozen that would be considered serious sim type racing games. And all of these have similar offering in rain/dry/night/day/online/AI/competition, yada, yada, yada, and of course a plethora of GT cars. It makes absolutely no sense, in my opinion, to bring out a new title that is essentially the same and a variation in quality alone as it comes done to personal preference.
I think we could all agree that of the top handfull or two of sims/games we could name positives and negatives for all of them.
If any of the existing contenders, or a johnny on the spot developer wants to do something new try a fully immersive sim that includes a robust AI that would include engineer/mechanic/crew chief/spotter that would be driven by voice commands. As well as allowing the player to be any one or all of them, either in single player or MP.
The AI opponents would be based on real cars, setups and driver capabilities rather than user input of setting at 110% or whatever. I think more than half the problem with AI as it is is it is trying to adjust to an opponent (us) that is unpredictable and therefore are prevented for their optimum performance. If a sim is a sim the car is only capable of so much in the environment in which it is being used. The AI are who they are, let them be and make the user improve to eventually be competitive through practice using the AI to hone ones skills and competence. Of course all this is contingent on if in fact these games are simulators based on reality. That's a whole new argument for another day.
I feel for the folks at Simbin UK that have been working on the project and hope they land on soft ground, who knows perhaps they were working on some of the things I was dreaming about.

Out of hundreds of titles on Steam that fall into the category of racing I think it is widely accepted there are less than a dozen that would be considered serious sim type racing games. And all of these have similar offering in rain/dry/night/day/online/AI/competition, yada, yada, yada, and of course a plethora of GT cars. It makes absolutely no sense, in my opinion, to bring out a new title that is essentially the same and a variation in quality alone as it comes done to personal preference.
I think we could all agree that of the top handfull or two of sims/games we could name positives and negatives for all of them.
If any of the existing contenders, or a johnny on the spot developer wants to do something new try a fully immersive sim that includes a robust AI that would include engineer/mechanic/crew chief/spotter that would be driven by voice commands. As well as allowing the player to be any one or all of them, either in single player or MP.
The AI opponents would be based on real cars, setups and driver capabilities rather than user input of setting at 110% or whatever. I think more than half the problem with AI as it is is it is trying to adjust to an opponent (us) that is unpredictable and therefore are prevented for their optimum performance. If a sim is a sim the car is only capable of so much in the environment in which it is being used. The AI are who they are, let them be and make the user improve to eventually be competitive through practice using the AI to hone ones skills and competence. Of course all this is contingent on if in fact these games are simulators based on reality. That's a whole new argument for another day.
I feel for the folks at Simbin UK that have been working on the project and hope they land on soft ground, who knows perhaps they were working on some of the things I was dreaming about.
it is currently nearly impossible to have an ai that runs on the same physics and complexity of your car, simply due to the current cpu limits. Running ai on pair with you would mean, in 2021 with the most powerful cpu now available on the consumer market, having a 2/3 max cars grid.

it is currently nearly impossible to have an ai that runs on the same physics and complexity of your car, simply due to the current cpu limits. Running ai on pair with you would mean, in 2021 with the most powerful cpu now available on the consumer market, having a 2/3 max cars grid.

The AI in AC and ACC uses the same physics as the player, but that doesn't necessarily make it better than other AI. They do however use a lot more resources like you said.

Racing Legends
and by the way, I mentioned in the discord server (I've been into since the server opened, what a wild ride) that GTR3 was just vaporware as RL, been told "no, the project is real, no vaporware" by the server mods, yet they managed to achieve even less than RL did at the time, setting a new low. The irony.
I was sooooo there. Couldn't wait to open doors, get the leather-covered operator's manual. She would have been a thing of beauty.....sigh....

GTR 3 would only be fun if somehow SimBin managed to include the FIA GT1 seasons from 2005 onwards. But that'd never happen. :(
Not interested in another GT3 title. That series is already well-represented in ACC, and I see no reason why double the efforts. Someone said above, but a GT Legends 2 with rain races, VR, solid multiplayer and a wider library of tracks would be an insta-buy for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea