Kunos have a long track record of producing racing sims back to NetKar Pro in 2006. Although they are using the name Simbin, Simbin UK are a new development team who have never produced a racing game before. I suspect if Kunos disappointed you with ACC (and to be fair I think they disappointed many people) then Simbin UK are even more likely to disappoint. The last interview did not confirm the WEC license and stated GTR3 will not be a sim.

GTR3 with Feel VR steering wheel should be a unique experience :laugh:
Are you venting out your frusteration because you backed the FeelVR project via donation and haven't received your wheel yet or what is the purpose behind your comment here?

You can't just make a new company and re-use the same logo and name, that's trademark/copyright infringement.
I believe Simbin Studios went into bankruptcy? So the new Simbin Studios UK likely bought the asset very cheap!
Anyway believe it is a dead issue as there are no product (game) and if something comes out one day it will likely be a console game with nothing in common to Gtr2!

Luckily for us we still got GTR 2 so who cares about vapor warez ;)

They reworked the physics. After the Paul interview (when they announced that GTR3 will be a simcade), the community lose his hype about the game. And Simbin can't lose this community and the only way to recovered the community is to reworked the physics and to create an hardcore sim like ACC
Are you the only person with hope here besides me? It feels that way.

I would love to know who these people are. I've never seen a senile person in real life, so I would find it interesting.
Cars look like they float above the track, you have a choice of either temporal AA or none, cars handle like they weigh 3 tons, AI is faster down straights even when gas is applied 100%, Kunos talked about supporting ray tracing for like 6 months then never did, game is horribly optimized especially in rain (works for me but you shouldn't need a bleeding edge system) the cars are slippery as hell, a fraction of the grip in the first AC, I don't find it fun at all, nothing feels or looks right.

Kunos are also a bunch of politically correct snowflakes.

I would love to know who these people are. I've never seen a senile person in real life, so I would find it interesting.
Now I might be old and close to senile but I do find both AC and ACC disappointing pretty much inall aspects of the games.
A couple of guys has SOL and CM have made AC a lot better in a short time than Kunos with a big well funded staff was not able to do. So yes that is very disappointing.
And ACC somehow managed to be even worse!
But NTU stated it very clearly except forgot it doesn't even look that great and while it support VR there isn't any hardware able to run AAC in VR with any reasonable setting.

But if you like it you could just have stated that but you chose name calling which off course is easy to do. Even people with low IQ can do that.

_99712712_gettyimages-639620990.jpg

Cars look like they float above the track, you have a choice of either temporal AA or none, cars handle like they weigh 3 tons, AI is faster down straights even when gas is applied 100%, Kunos talked about supporting ray tracing for like 6 months then never did, game is horribly optimized especially in rain (works for me but you shouldn't need a bleeding edge system) the cars are slippery as hell, a fraction of the grip in the first AC, I don't find it fun at all, nothing feels or looks right.

Kunos are also a bunch of politically correct snowflakes.
My cars don't look like they're floating at all on high settings. Perhaps you should try shadows on high, then it looks fine. I've seen it looking like that on low/medium shadows, but that would be true for any game on low shadows.

Yes, the AI is bad, true, but I had the same problems with F1 2019 and that game is marketed on single player a lot. ACC only has it in to accommodate it a bit. But I agree, I wish myself it was better - nonetheless, the multiplayer is where it's at. The SA rating and CP servers have made online on open lobbies a lot more tolerable than it used to be in AC1. Although, I can't say the AI is any faster down the straight, they just seem to have better immediate traction and impossible reaction times when spinning (I'm sure you've seen the videos).

Ray tracing has never made sense thus far on any title - you can't play racing sims on 30-40FPS (best case scenario) - so they made the right call on canning that when they did. They did say they will include it in the future if it's viable. It hasn't been viable yet - there's no reason to spend the amount of time and resources they need for no return on investment right now.

The cars feeling heavy - they do, but no more than they probably do in real life. The feedback from the real drivers who are also sim racing streamers say as much. They would have brought it up a lot by now if that was really the case. Now, if you don't like GT3, fair enough, but they converted myself from an open-wheeler-only driver, just due to the level of detail they've gone to.

The slipperiness, I can't say it's an issue either - there are many leagues out there running it without issues of "slippery cars", but maybe there's a variable on your side I don't know about (bad setup, bad wheel, etc.).

There are indeed still many bugs, this post is not about denying that. But their commitment and passion for this job is evident for all to see. How many other game developers have their own streams explaining the intricacies of how their game works, explaining Motec in detail, setups, etc.?

Also, releasing the DLC - 4 laser-scanned tracks, none of which are near their base in Europe, and what must've been about 50 new liveries - at the price of what some devs charge for 1 track, that is next level value for money.

I'd like to also know more about the political snowflake thing, so I can be more informed, so if you can share a link or 2, that would be very useful.

But NTU stated it very clearly except forgot it doesn't even look that great
I left it at horrible temporal anti-aliasing and cars floating, but yeah, ACC looks a lot better in the trailer than actuality.
I'd like to also know more about the political snowflake thing, so I can be more informed, so if you can share a link or 2, that would be very useful.
I got this one... Some people agreed with me, others didn't.. Kunos never came out and said "hey guys, we're snowflakes" so I guess it all boils down to opinion. About half of the fanbase got banned at some point, even before ACC hit EA.

In just that thread alone, McLarenBMW is another prime example who did nothing wrong and was permanently banned.

Last edited:
I left it at horrible temporal anti-aliasing and cars floating, but yeah, ACC looks a lot better in the trailer than actuality.

I got this one... Some people agreed with me, others didn't.. Kunos never came out and said "hey guys, we're snowflakes" so I guess it all boils down to opinion. About half of the fanbase got banned at some point, even before ACC hit EA.

In just that thread alone, McLarenBMW is another prime example who did nothing wrong and was permanently banned.
Regarding the floating and the AA, you must be referring to a pre-1.2 build, because it hasn't been a problem for a while now. I agree it looked like jaggedy nightmares for a while, but they seemed to have fixed it for one of the post V1.0 builds. This is a race I did this week, you can't see any floatiness or much jaggies at all.

(EDIT 1: @MODS the aim was not to link my YT video as embedded, I just copied the link - feel free to un-embed it. It was meant to serve as evidence in support of my comment)

The only time it looks floaty (as it would in any racing game), is when you run very low or off shadow settings.

Regarding the link you sent, whilst I agree that PC culture is OTT these days, that guy would've gotten banned on any dev forum. I was offered a refund from one very popular dev on here because I was complaining about the championship points being bugged for over a year, just so that I can stop complaining about it.

Besides, this guy was clearly asking for it. As a non-game dev, there is nothing more annoying than non-constructive criticism and making hyperbolic comparisons. Comparing ACC to Mario Kart is clearly OTT - it's almost a meme on its own. With something as public as a game dev forum, it's even worse and borders on defamation.

Each to their own, though - I can see your point to a degree. There have been instances where they were clearly wrong in the past, but since Lord Kunos has seemingly been banished from the forum, they have been mostly very easy to communicate with.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back