So you tell me they can provide pictures of this quality but haven't posted a single video yet?
Also, pretty much all the screenshots they showed us so far are of static cars. Maybe there is no actual game behind it and at the end all this fuzz is just about some nicely rendered cars on nicely renderd tracks with some photoshop magic.

This all has such a bad taste to it it's not even funny.
I'm looking forward to gamescom 2020 for the next set of pictures.

For me one of the most interesting things in racing simulators is to be able to try all sort of cars and compare the differences in performance, beaviour, etc. Limiting to just GT3 may be much easier job and good for a online-only simulator, but I honestly prefer something like Assetto Corsa.

If it ever appears, it would be nice if it would be moddable as the former GTR2.
But I have doubts, all the new race sims are not planned for modding.

Last edited:
So you tell me they can provide pictures of this quality but haven't posted a single video yet?
Also, pretty much all the screenshots they showed us so far are of static cars. Maybe there is no actual game behind it and at the end all this fuzz is just about some nicely rendered cars on nicely renderd tracks with some photoshop magic.

This all has such a bad taste to it it's not even funny.
I'm looking forward to gamescom 2020 for the next set of pictures.

You need a car, a track and a camera to take a photo.
For a video you would need sound, physics, LOD's etc etc.
And everything has to be polished so this community doesn't start freaking out (like they did with the ams2/ams1 comparison video).
Just because you can show a screenshot doesn't mean you can show gameplay video. Allthough I agree, it feels like it's time :D

From what I was told by a R3E beta tester, these shots are of R3E content, but on the Unreal engine.
Interesting but this doesn't surprise me and I don't feel deceived. If I were them I would be doing the same thing. Why bother creating assets from scratch when you have perfectly good ones on hand ready to go. We still don't know a huge amount about what the content of the game will be other than a few GT3 cars so from where I'm sitting it looks like they still haven't worked out exactly what they want in the game either. I dunno.

I was just thinking the other day that we could really use a new game that's exactly like ACC but not ACC. This should do the trick nicely. Another game that has the same tracks and GT3 cars as all the other racing games would be ace, should really boost the "my sim is better than your sim" arguments.

An example: Almost everyone seems to like Automobilista, but unfortunately so many people don't drive it, because of its content.
I thought it's more about graphics and lack of VR. The content is great, the cars of AMS are very interesting overall. GT3 is available as good quality (ECC) mod, which is quite common and used online too

I like the tracks of AMS too. Who doesn't get bored by the same eternal Monza, Spa, Silverstone

GTR3 will be arcade, confirmed by developers. Nice screens, but I see nothing to be hyped about. Combining GT3 and arcade physics is like combining 2 most boring things on earth

ACC already does GT3, and it's a simulation

Last edited:
I don't really see the point of gtr3 now, ACC is a simulated official version and gtr3 will be a similar thing but with arcade physics, may E they should have aimed for a different series. They are a day late and a dollar short now.

I thought it's more about graphics and lack of VR. The content is great, the cars of AMS are very interesting overall. GT3 is available as good quality (ECC) mod, which is quite common and used online too

I like the tracks of AMS too. Who doesn't get bored by the same eternal Monza, Spa, Silverstone
Of course, the content is great, but people don't care, as they care about GT3 and other known series.

Another example:
The lists of Time Trials in AMS in mainstream combinations on known tracks are full. The not so common, but sometimes way more fun ones are empty.

Of course the EEC Mod gets full servers...because it's GT3. That's why Sim Racing will not die, because everyone makes another GT3 Sim. That's my point.

Last edited:
About the whether GTR3 will be arcade or not (since apparently some are still confused about that)

“We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title."

Chris Speed, SimBin UK and Sector3 Studios CEO

Source: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/exclusive-gtr3-interview.158617/

"Next step RaceRoom".... solid simulation product that added adjustable tyre pressures in 2019

Just because it uses certain name (GTR) means in this case literally nothing...

Last edited:
This leads me to one question. When it comes to licensing, do car manufacturers license car exclusively or not to any sim racing developer?

It does not look like it because that GT3 Bentley in the screenshot from GTR3 is in ACC and R3E already. So, I am wondering if SimBin UK will be able to leverage all the licensing agreements that Sector 3 Studios already have?

I am asking the question because, for the last month or so, SimBin UK has been claiming that the delays are caused, in part, by license agreement discussions.

Fake news? Snake oil? Alternate reality?

About the whether GTR3 will be arcade or not (since apparently some are still confused about that)

“We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title."

Chris Speed, SimBin UK and Sector3 Studios CEO

Source: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/exclusive-gtr3-interview.158617/

"Next step RaceRoom".... solid simulation product that added adjustable tyre pressures in 2019

Just because it uses certain name (GTR) means in this case literally nothing...
Two weeks ago, a developper said on this forum : It won't be NFS, something alike ACC just on a higher level in terms of details, weather, dynamic roads, shadows, tyre degradation etc. Main focus is on next gen R3E which will be revamped completely.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.