Happy birthday Simbin Studios UK. I look forward to GTR3.

And to the majority of posters in this thread... If you don´t like what you see about GTR3, then why don´t you just move on to something else, and stop this 4-year-old-kid-tantrum stuff? It´s getting dull for.the ones of us who actually look forward to the game, and who actually like news about it. May only me myself but hey, that´s alright. I will judge the game when it comes out. Until that I will kindly give Simbin Studios UK the benefit of the doubt.

• Deleted member 241736

Sorry for my "tongue in cheek" post, but I have been modding for two years (that bit is true) but I have to agree with what people are posting here, if the only thing they can promote is pictures of the tyres, you have to think....what is wrong with the rest of the cars?

I mean come on, GT cars are no secret, I mean every man and his dog knows what the look like inside and out, so share something that's worthwhile, not just (I have a new pair of sneekers / trainers) picture.

Shaun
Shaun my dear, gues the tyre pic was released cause of the harsh critic about the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 polygon-tyre-pic weeks ago.

Hey guys haven‘t we had fun with GTR2? I have had for sure.

Happy birthday Simbin Studios UK. I look forward to GTR3.

And to the majority of posters in this thread... If you don´t like what you see about GTR3, then why don´t you just move on to something else, and stop this 4-year-old-kid-tantrum stuff? It´s getting dull for.the ones of us who actually look forward to the game, and who actually like news about it. May only me myself but hey, that´s alright. I will judge the game when it comes out. Until that I will kindly give Simbin Studios UK the benefit of the doubt.

Until Simbin announces they have found a publisher to fund an official license.....there is no GTR3 making these tire posts a waste of time.

Until Simbin announces they have found a publisher to fund an official license.....there is no GTR3 making these tire posts a waste of time.

Sure seems that Simbin think that there is, so what is this kind of insight that you seem to have, that overrules what the developer says? They may not say all they know - but you sure don´t know what you say you know, making your posts a waste of time.

Sure seems that Simbin think that there is, so what is this kind of insight that you seem to have, that overrules what the developer says? They may not say all they know - but you sure don´t know what you say you know, making your posts a waste of time.

I am gonna assume you didn't read or have forgotten the RD interview with simbin a few months ago?

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/exclusive-gtr3-interview.158617/

It clearly states the "potential WEC license" and talks about the publisher needed.

Here's a few snippits from the article.....

“We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as."

"The cars and tracks new to the game we have is partly in prep for a potential WEC deal"

"As you know we are being fully funded by ourselves at the minute, it’s an expensive project and we are hoping from GamesCom to sit down with a number of publishers, we’ve got seven or eight meetings booked already... there was a huge amount of interest from the tweet alone, not only from the community but also from the publisher aspect. We weren’t getting that much interest in GTR3, the reason being because of the failed GTR 3 projects previously, so the likes of big publishers just thought it was just another one of those where the game wasn’t going to come out."

Gamescon was in late Aug....anyone heard anything? 2yrs and counting :whistling:
I find that info is a bit more important than tweeting tire photos ;)

Last edited:
But you guys have to remember something, our @Paul Jeffrey stated in one of the threads that he has seen the proof of concept in action and was impressed, mind blown even. So it is coming.

"During the visit to the Manchester HQ, I was lucky enough to join the very small handful of people who have viewed the very very early "proof of concept" video featuring a car and track from RaceRoom in the Unreal 4 engine, and I'm seriously impressed. Despite the short video only having been created to see how the engine works in a racing environment, and having been created as a low profile R&D exercise, the footage I witnessed was simply mind blowing. With RaceRoom sounds, PCars graphics and Simbin attention to detail, GTR3 could well turn out to be the racing game we've all been waiting for."

I am gonna assume you didn't read or have forgotten the RD interview with simbin a few months ago?

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/exclusive-gtr3-interview.158617/

It clearly states the "potential WEC license" and talks about the publisher needed.

Here's a few snippits from the article.....

“We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as."

"The cars and tracks new to the game we have is partly in prep for a potential WEC deal"

"As you know we are being fully funded by ourselves at the minute, it’s an expensive project and we are hoping from GamesCom to sit down with a number of publishers, we’ve got seven or eight meetings booked already... there was a huge amount of interest from the tweet alone, not only from the community but also from the publisher aspect. We weren’t getting that much interest in GTR3, the reason being because of the failed GTR 3 projects previously, so the likes of big publishers just thought it was just another one of those where the game wasn’t going to come out."

Gamescon was in late Aug....anyone heard anything? 2yrs and counting :whistling:
I find that info is a bit more important than tweeting tire photos ;)

I´ll just state - once again, that as long as Simbin sticks to the Q2 2019 release, I give them the benefit of any doubt - and I trust them one heck of a lot more than I trust a self acclaimed know-it-all. Simple as that buddy. And when the game comes out, Ill purchase it and make up my mind then.

Everything people have wishlisted would be great to have.

My biggest wish is for GTR3 to be more like driving real cars, which GTR2 is definitely not.

The response to input in GTR2 (and Race 07) whether by wheel or gamepad is very "abrupt". That is, especially with initial inputs, the vehicle abruptly assumes the direction or attitude that is specified by the end position of the input.

That's entirely unlike driving a real car in which steering input is nicely smoothed out. GTR2 as it is now actually feels more like driving an old pre-power steering high steering lock car (which I have done).

To feel this smoothed out - but still linear - steering in a game, Live For Speed, has this aspect of car control almost perfect.

Second, I think the poor GTR2 tire models and suspension models also contribute to this abruptness. LFS also has this pretty much right and the old Race game (race.nl) had a tire model modification module that did for tires what Engine Shop does for engines.

I think the GTR2 game engine itself is probably capable of handling better tire and suspension models.

The difference between GTR2 standard and GTR2 Reborn is like night and day. The GTR2 Reborn folks concentrated on tire models and suspension settings and GTR2 and Reborn are like different animals. Only lacking in Reborn is fixing the input abruptness issue. (I have spent more hours than I care to admit with steering response, speed sensitivity, slow bump and rebound, wing, steering lock etc. and can make things less abrupt but always sacrificing linearity and responsiveness.)

So, if SimBin wants my money for GTR3 I would of course love to see loads of the items others have wishlisted but the only way they'll get my $40 or whatever is if GTR3 drives like real cars.

To me that means the cars "feel" real, they progressively move toward loss of control (unlike GTR2 standard, Race 07, and old Porsche 911s), and steering input from wheel or gamepad does not produce an arcade-like abrupt change of direction like driving with a mouse would.

If SimBin did this, and GTR3 is playable offline, has a good Nordschleife, and doesn't require a new $1000 computer to run it, I'd buy it as soon as it came out.

Just flashy graphics and some "cool" won't open my wallet...

someone has already wondered what the Jewish star on the mature has to do?
A Jewish star?
It may not be as it's just a couple of triangles, but the unicorn driving a convertible is totally fine... :roflmao:

I find that to be more telling than anything else. Unicorns... not real right?
Anyone playing GTR3, this year or next, about as rare as a Unicorn driving a car... :sneaky:

Oh and edit for Happy Birthday SIMBIN, hope all is going well and that you're getting the funding and licenses required to make a decent game.
I'm not counting on GTR3 being what I dreamed of after GTR2 but hope it's a decent title that grows the SIM racing community at least.

What about KartKraft? I hope Simbin will not follow the same way.
They made efforts for the quality of the depiction of the wheel, although they forget the air valve, you know, to put the air used in "Matrix"! otherwise little which we glimpse of the car remains debatable.

unless im drunk - and im not - i see the same image twice not 2 images.
clickbait much?!?

and i dont know how they managed to take ue4 and make it look like ue3
as someone already mentioned: this is getting ridiculous

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back