GTR 2 VR Support! (Not asking, telling!)

It should be fixed now with HOTFIX 7 : I removed vc redist loose files which were incompatible with this new d3d9.dll in CrewChief. Can you confirm on a small gtr2 install test @Jempy please ?

I suppose you mean a test with installing first the Anniv Patch choosing immediately the Raceroom Binary with the new Hotfix and install CC afterwards ?
Please confirm but this test will only happen tomorrow, as I'm already much too busy today. ;)

( anyway I already can confirm that even using the previous RR Binary when CC is installed first ... can work perfectly without any compatibility mode and admin rights ... as it's already the case in my existing new install but only GTR2config.exe needs the Admin Rights ).

Thanks, I stick to your advice in new install instructions :

I did 2 install tests ...
- one installing Crew Chief 1st after copying the original Steam GTR2 files into a new folder on another disk in my case or of course any other folder of your choice...
- the other test installing Crew Chief after all necessary operations for installing HQ Anniverary Patch + HQ MOd collection + Hotfix 7 .... so I might even test a 3rd possibility: using RaceRoom Binary without Crew Chief... ( before installing it in GTR2 )

Whatever the used system .... as long as GTR2Config.exe has property "Admin Rights" checked ... the RR binary doesn't need any compatibility mode nor Admin rights needed ... using or not using Crew Chief ... ( maybe the result of the Hotfix 7 @GTR233 ?)

- Possible problem ( I experienced or encountered in the test ): .... an error message or GTR2 doesn't start... there were 2 reasons:
1) trying to start GTR2 NOCD binary with CC d3d9.dll installed .... causes an error message.
CC needed ? choose the RR Binary ....
2) for an unknown reason GTR2 doens't launch .... and also for an unknown reason, GTR2Config doesn't seem right any longer.
Restarting this GTR2Config.exe ( after checking that Admin Rights are still checked in the properties ) and correcting the error will do the trick.

Which install should you choose ?:
- if you're sure to use Crew Chief for the Spotter and CC itself or the Wipers with button.... with or without VR: choose 1st option ... it'll be easier later for the Wipers choice afterwards.
- if you hesitate ... then choose the second option .... apply the HQ Patch ... it will be possible later to change your mind if necessary as even the RR Binary choice in the GTR2_Setup.CMD will allow to install Crew Chief afterwards.

But important for CC install .... follow perfectly the Happy Path ... the most important points are:
- no properties Compatibility mode and no Admin Rights for the GTR2.exe ( NOCD one will also not work !!!! )
- create a txt file named Crewchief.ini.txt ... change it in CrewChief.ini ( deleting the .txt ) + open the one mentioned in CC Happy Path, copy all lines and paste them in this CrewChief.ini. ( and save of course ;) )
Launch GTR2 even without Crew Chief the 1st time, the created ini will be positively modified allowing you to modify the needed lines to be able to add the "Wipers" button command in the game options.

Last edited:
What is RaceRoom Gtr2.exe?

For this d3d9.dll to work you need to use the Steam version of Gtr2.exe hex edited or not for the gray cars.
Two things I have noticed.
One gtr2 do not always read the config.ini correctly or the right one.
I think it has to do with that sometimes the steam version of gtr2 do not shutdown correctly!
Not sure how to explain but it is like Windows see's another gtr2.exe and then even if you manage to start Gtr2 CC might not see it.
Find a reboot of Windows always sort out that problem.

Always start Gtr2Config.exe in Admin mode.
And never use compatibility modes on nether Gtr2Config.exe nor on Gtr2.exe, with Windows 10.

Have no issue running the Gtr2 in Admin mode and have both CC and VR working just fine it just blocks overlay in VR.
But no real reason to run in Admin mode with this plugin as it fixes the UserData issues.

I used this name as it's the one +- showing in Paul's GTR2_SETUP.CMD ;)
Easier for a usual user to recognize the right exe .... ( hex edited doesn't appear anywhere in the readme or setup.cmd ... so rather be understood by anyone than by an expert only ... :roflmao: ) .... of course supposing that most will install or reinstall GTR2 mostly thanks to this HQ Anniversary Patch.

Thank you for all these tests Jempy ;)
Glad it works now with hotfix7 :)

In 2009, the first gtr2 digital version without securom disc protection was released on old raceroom website from SimBin (and not the actual RaceRoom from Sector3), whereas Steam published digital GTR2 many years later (2012 ?).

Further tests are now problems without any real reason ....
All 2003 2004 grey cars are showing perfectly but not the HQ ones ... without having done anything else than changing monitor with another resolution ... or/and restarting PC.
Everything was working perfectly until then and now .... strange problems ... ???

I cannot test further for now .... I really don't know the reason of this strange problem.

@GTR233
I think my problem with those tests is worse than foreseen:
I never had any problem with my AC Install for years .... nor with Content Manager and without having done anything to AC except those tests for GTR2 and one of the error messages I get seems to point to a VCtools problem !
And yes I had a GTR2 problem causing a crash after a last test yesterday after writing my previous message.

I hope not to have to reinstall AC from scratch ! It doesn't work any longer also with the original AC launcher.

CSP CM Error 02.jpg

So I suspect that this last Hotfix V7 test might be the cause of those problems

Hi guys I really need help with this its doing my head in. I did have it working but I got hacked and had to reinstall windows and now I can not remember what the hell I did. No clue what files I use or what programs, ive tryed but the crewchief.ini file is not being made, and no matter what I do the VR does not kick in. Can someone please walk me thru it so with luck I can get it working as Automobilista was a breeze to get working

Thankyou

Ive got it working but ive got the grey car problem, does anyone know how to fix that and in a way where it will not ruin the VR install, thankyou guys!!

Bump.... Has nobody got any help for me?? Plz. Surprising I thought posting here id definately get a reply rather than the Steam forums but I guess the game is just to old :(

Thankyou Iron Wolf but im unable to find the link to the patch, ive found a reshade link amongst other things but no 4gb patch, any chance you have the link please. I appreciate your help and know im asking alot

Is it the hq anniversary patch? Im sorry im not entirely sure what it means by patch the exe. Also if it is the anniversary patch do I extract to the GTR 2 folder?

Thankyou

ok I set the ff values before patching and it worked but I still got grey wing mirrors, and one other thing if you dont mind, the view seems to bounce up n down alot, any idea if thats fixable? I take it ill have to reset all those f`s once I patch the game

ok I set the ff values before patching and it worked but I still got grey wing mirrors, and one other thing if you dont mind, the view seems to bounce up n down alot, any idea if thats fixable? I take it ill have to reset all those f`s once I patch the game
Sorry for the confusion - will update the manual. 4gb patch: https://esport-racing.de/4gb-patch-for-gtr2/

Shaking: make sure to set G-Forces to 0 in game. Then adjust "World movement" to your liking, some shaking will always be there.

Gray mirrors - sounds like you have mirrors off, I don't remember but it is one of the settings in menus.

Ok I just checked and the mirrors now work so thankyou, the gforce did not effect the bouncing but world movement is at 50% so ill lower that next time and see. One other questtion, my head clips out the top of the car and buildings etc seem to pop in at the edge of the screens, now I read something about this in the manual but I tryed to fix it but no joy, do you know exactly what I must do to fix this? I know im asking alot. Thankyou The Iron Wolf

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%