• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU GTE @ Road America - Monday 29 April 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by Craig Dunkley, Apr 22, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 29-04-19
  1. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    Welcome aboard Tariq :thumbsup:

2. Miguel Batista

Miguel Batista
    Premium

Ratings:
    +115
    Still coming. Just arrived.

3. Fatalist88

Fatalist88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +57
    Sorry folks, I'm having trouble with my 4g connection this evening and it keeps dropping (the joy of living in the middle of nowhere).

4. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    Thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

5. Ramón Clemente

Ramón Clemente
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    sorry, I have not left work yet

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,175
    Sorry guys, i didn't sign up for this race

7. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Irish/Egyptian Road Warrior Premium

Ratings:
    +857
    Sorry @Craig Dunkley for not showing up. Something came up that I had to attend to

8. Droplin

Droplin
    Mark Kaplin Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    awesome race, congrats for the win Wolf! Shame i couldn't join the fight since i decided i was playing farming sim on that second lap xD

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    I enjoyed that race, I do like Road America, fairly lonesome race though, I was in 7th spot and someone was catching me, I thought I was in for a battle, but sadly he turned into the pits.

Hope you all had fun and hope to see you next week for the GT3 event (great mod track) :thumbsup:

Many congrads to the winners :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and to all those that finished :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  10. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    My bad Steve, I must have been editing both AC and RF2 at the same time :barefoot:

This is an official warning ..you must turn up for events you have not registered for :cautious::roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 4
  11. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +112
    Gratts Wolff.

After getting past Daniel, I was back up to pace but I found Jesus... coming back on track right in front of me so I had to go off track to avoid him, I think we still bumped. I was out of it then, cruised to 2nd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. alpebo

alpebo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +14
    It was me. I was just taking your slipstream for a while. I had to enter pits necessarily.

I would lie if I say that I had fun. I made too many absurd mistakes until the fourth or fifth lap. Well, better the next.

Congrats to the podium!!

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    Once again @Craig Dunkley superb choice of car 'n track - imo the north American tracks are amazing. Really looking forward to the GT3's again next week, thanks so much:thumbsup::D

Congrats to Wolff, James and Mark for the podium, fantastic pace guys!

Happy with 4th after re-joining nearly last after the first corner - and @Pe Ha thank you so much for waiting my friend, my apologies if I sounded a bit grumpy, but I am a grumpy sod anyway:roflmao: I was also grumpy 'cos I didn't see a pitstop was compulsory until we were on the grid, but a splash 'n dash worked OK in the end.

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,708
    Hey @Craig Dunkley I would like to sign up with the Godfather for this one. I'll make sure to sign out if I'm not going to make it.

I would like everyone here to know that I'm taking part in this event out of protest because @Craig Dunkley knows I cannot resist this. He is my dealer. Like a moth to a flame:D

• Love Love x 1
  15. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +112
    Miguel,noted.

16. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    @Bobby Pennington it is great to hear from you, my mentor. Sadly you have already missed this event :( Next event is GT3 at Sveg Raceway https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sveg-raceway.18818/ ..would be great if you could join us https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-sveg-raceway-monday-06-may-2019.167941/ promises to be an epic battle :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hope to speak soon :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. Miguel Batista

Miguel Batista
    Premium

Ratings:
    +115
    Bad race for me. Was having fun in 10th behind the 9th to 7th cars and approaching for battle. Tried to overtake the 9th porsche on the inside at turn 4 but locked the wheels, too much curb and ended up spinning against a wall in a massive crash. Lost about 40 secs getting back on track and my race was over. After that car as slightly damaged abd I should've pitted immediatly but tried to push forwards and could never meet my stride again and did several more mistakes though none as garantuan as that first one. After pits car felt better and managed to find some pace and was catchibg up to the 13th guy when race ended. I always strive to finish because it is extra practice but i find that when ai have one of those big crashes my concentration just goes out the window and I can't get back on my stride again.

Loved the track though. It is really good and i love these GTE cars. Still unsure if i will participate next week as we are back to gt3s and i will probably have work to do. And there are plenty of other sins to race GT3 in.

See you all on wednesday.

• Beer Beer x 1
  18. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    It will not be GT3 every week like before :thumbsup:

19. Dan Costa

Dan Costa
    World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series Premium

Ratings:
    +335
    sorry guys, had power outage. But it was for the best, I wasn't feeling comfortable with the game or the ferrari.

Cheers

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    That is a shame Dan, it was good to see you back, hope to hear from you again in the near future :thumbsup: ..next week maybe in your SCG :thumbsup: ..she is ready and waiting for a good driver.

• Beer Beer x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.