AC GTE / GT2 @ Okayama International Circuit - Weds 8th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Count me in.
Car tbd though I don't really race any of these cars I'll give them a try first.
You're in, and welcome! :) No rush for car choice, before 6pm Weds is good:thumbsup:

Sorry to be a pain John @Medilloni can I swap for a BMW M3.
Decided to spend a bit of time with this car setting it up ( always, never got this car ).
Really got to like it.

A bit of a mini Nissan GTr. :)
No problem Ernie, it's done:thumbsup: I usually go for the Bimmer, great to drive, though have changed to the Ferrari for this one, just for the engine sound:p

@GeekyDeaks None of these cars have ABS, one of the differences between GTE and GT3.
I never knew:laugh: Thanks for that Matt!

The Corvette is a monster, only really matched by the Porsche without BoP. In many cases it's 1-2 seconds faster than the Ferrari or BMW, so the BoP is definitely necessary :)
Thanks Chris!

In please john. Job is off tomorrow.

I'll go corvette. The BOP looks pretty severe?
Great news that you can make it Brian :)

I would have agreed with you re the C7R, especially as the power-to-weight looks similar, though as Chris says, it's a stonking beastie without BoP.

Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

BMW for Race #1

I just had a go in all the cars. I'd say the bop is right on. I spent a bit of time getting a tune for the corvette. Once I had it dialed in, I realized I was using the medium tires - doh! Retuned it with the softs and set a quick lap. Then I tried all the other cars, after a few laps I set basically identical times in the porsche and bmw. I have never been able to get on with the ferrari so I will definitely will not be picking it. I think the sound of the corvette is better too.

The bottom line is all the cars were within a few tenths, so good job on the bop! The corvette was the slowest for me but I'm sure that I can go quicker by lowering the wing a little and making 6th gear a click longer. My top speed was only 235km compared to 245 from the leaders on the rsr board. Or maybe that's just the bop slowing me down?

I'm not totally sure if I can make it tomorrow but if I can I would prefer the corvette. I'll officially sign up tomorrow when I know what my schedule will be.

Here's the tunes I used for each car.
sai yip is bmw
steve smith modifed softs is corvette
bernie monza is the ferrari
steve smith okyama is the porsche

Attachments

• TSM-ac1.15_SaiYip_race_okyama modified.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 56
  • TSM-ac1.16_SteveSmith_okyama modified softs.ini
    1.9 KB · Views: 63
  • TSM-ac1.16_BernieHD_qualy_Monza_v1 modified.ini
    1.9 KB · Views: 54
  • TSM-ac1.16_SteveSmith_okyama modified.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 57
@pretend racer thanks for the setups :thumbsup: Nice to see that the numbers for the Corvette are going up.

Got a VR headset yesterday and will try it today. Let's see how this works out and if I'll keep it. First impression are a bit mixed.

@pretend racer thanks for the setups :thumbsup: Nice to see that the numbers for the Corvette are going up.

Got a VR headset yesterday and will try it today. Let's see how this works out and if I'll keep it. First impression are a bit mixed.
Don't forget the VR essentials:
Kwells.png

Also - make sure you set AC's resolution to the same as your VR headset total effective resolution. Whilst you will often see the "It doesn't matter" comment on many forums, it absolutely does matter!!
You will have a much better experience with the interface. The same is true for ACC, RRE, and all the codemasters games.

Last edited:

Problems with comfort or performance?

If you are feeling nausea or discomfort, I'd recommend first checking that the lock camera to horizon option is enabled as this can make a huge difference. Oh, and try and close your eyes if you get punted off! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.