AC GTE / GT2 @ Okayama International Circuit - Weds 8th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You were flying in race two couldn't keep with you once you got past me.
Once I got into a rhythm my times came down significantly, I just couldn't keep it together for the whole race! :) It was a really clean battle in R1 too, I think I was holding you up quite a bit as you just left me standing once you got past

Had a couple of problems with my braking for some reason sometimes it did not register the full range. Anyone has this problem with the T3PA?

The problem is that there is a major design flaw in the pedals. If you do a panic brake and smash the pedal a lot harder than you normally do, the pedals reset the endpoint of the brake pedal for you. The next time you press the pedal with normal pressure you won't be braking with as much pressure as you were used to and you'll probably go off the track. You have to match the pressure that you used when you were panic braking.

I have these pedals too, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone because of this issue.

I had to replace the pots in my pedals too. I can dig up the actual part number if you need it.

The races were great fun today. Lots of good battles. Hard track to try to make a pass on though. My corvette seemed to be pretty quick through the tight bits, but I couldn't keep up on the straights to try to make an outbraking maneuver into t1 or t5.

That was great fun really enjoyed both races thank you for organising the event @Medilloni
@Interslice what happened in race two did we have contact as nothing happened on my screen.

No contact simon, it was all me! I had a good start to both races especially going around the outside of turn 2 in race 2 :whistling: but the tiredness was kicking in hard and i started getting my gears in a muddle and missing breaking points around the 10 lap mark in both races. The reverse to my usual bad quali, bad start and build into it approach!

Enjoyed cruising the track the last 2 days. It had a sort of meditative quality to it!
Thanks to john for organising, looking forward to the next combo already :thumbsup:

The problem is that there is a major design flaw in the pedals. If you do a panic brake and smash the pedal a lot harder than you normally do, the pedals reset the endpoint of the brake pedal for you. The next time you press the pedal with normal pressure you won't be braking with as much pressure as you were used to and you'll probably go off the track. You have to match the pressure that you used when you were panic braking.

I have these pedals too, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone because of this issue.

This is really frustrating I was doing high 30's in practice but I just could not take corners as well in the race because of this issue so I was barely hitting 32's. It took me a while to realize what the problem was I though I changed my setup by mistake.

I had to replace the pots in my pedals too. I can dig up the actual part number if you need it.

I have a TLCM coming soon, I hope it doesn't have this same problem. I thought I was the problem tbh so thank you for pointing this out!

My corvette seemed to be pretty quick through the tight bits, but I couldn't keep up on the straights to try to make an outbraking maneuver into t1 or t5.
Exactly my thoughts. I followed @HF2000 for almost the entire second race and just could not bring me in a position for a move. Especially on the straights it was very hard to keep up with his Ferrari. But in the corners I was able to close the gap. That surprised me because I thought it will be the other way round.

Thanks to @Medilloni for organising and congrats to the podiums. Superb combo, next time I'll try the Ferrari :)

Really enjoyed that, thanks everyone for the great racing, especially @Kek700 and @pretend racer :thumbsup: I've been feeling like crap for the last two days so to finally get an opportunity to race at a track I love sponsored by Anadin Extra has definitely lifted my spirits.
I'd hate to think what your winning lap times would have been if you'd been on full form!! The "Extra" in Anadin Extra must be some kind of amphetamine ;)

Thanks guys for the turnout, really appreciate you all turning up - and thanks to all for the positive comments too :)

Huge congrats to the most winningest guys - great racing on a tough track to plan overtakes. Big shout out to @Chris Down for taking part feeling like :poop: (get well soon!)and @Kek700 Ernie for a stonking 2nd race matey - have watched the replay and what a great race!.

I've wanted to run these cars at least once per month, it's close to a GT3 fix (which, selfishly I enjoy,!), so if you're OK with a semi-permanent, monthly fixture with these cars please let me know! My guess is that if you know we'll be using them, we can practice and get to refine your car/setup preferences.

I had 2 great, fun races, 1st race, sorry @pretend racer Jason, I couldn't avoid you in R1 at the hairpin, thought you were waiting, went to go round the front of you then caught you as you moved forward - then having watched the replay I saw my oversteer moment in T1 caught you, my apologies for that - I didn't feel anything at the time:(

Car setup was weird, practiced with std setup with 3 rr wing - loved it, felt OK and good lap times (for me). Lesson learnt, I couldn't race anyone with it:laugh: Had great overall lap time, but got murdered on acceleration and top speed, couldn't even get a tow:confused:

@GEO147 I was looking at the replay before work this morning and your 'divebomb' looked more like collision avoidance :) I braked pretty conservatively and left the door wide open, so fair play for managing to avoid a pileup. Problem was we were both too polite afterwards!

On the topic of replays, is the brake telemetry correct for the other cars? For the throttle I can see people feathering it, but the brake is showing either 100% or 0% on all cars except mine

@GEO147 I was looking at the replay before work this morning and your 'divebomb' looked more like collision avoidance :) I braked pretty conservatively and left the door wide open, so fair play for managing to avoid a pileup. Problem was we were both too polite afterwards!

On the topic of replays, is the brake telemetry correct for the other cars? For the throttle I can see people feathering it, but the brake is showing either 100% or 0% on all cars except mine
Your dead right Scott. Nice guys don't win a lot of races (except on RD ;)). And yeah we were way too polite.

Thanks guys for the turnout, really appreciate you all turning up - and thanks to all for the positive comments too :)

Huge congrats to the most winningest guys - great racing on a tough track to plan overtakes. Big shout out to @Chris Down for taking part feeling like :poop: (get well soon!)and @Kek700 Ernie for a stonking 2nd race matey - have watched the replay and what a great race!.

I've wanted to run these cars at least once per month, it's close to a GT3 fix (which, selfishly I enjoy,!), so if you're OK with a semi-permanent, monthly fixture with these cars please let me know! My guess is that if you know we'll be using them, we can practice and get to refine your car/setup preferences.

I had 2 great, fun races, 1st race, sorry @pretend racer Jason, I couldn't avoid you in R1 at the hairpin, thought you were waiting, went to go round the front of you then caught you as you moved forward - then having watched the replay I saw my oversteer moment in T1 caught you, my apologies for that - I didn't feel anything at the time:(

Car setup was weird, practiced with std setup with 3 rr wing - loved it, felt OK and good lap times (for me). Lesson learnt, I couldn't race anyone with it:laugh: Had great overall lap time, but got murdered on acceleration and top speed, couldn't even get a tow:confused:
I would like these cars at least once a month. I'm manage to have good consistency in the Ferrari and I enjoy driving it however with the Porsche it's easier to overtake others due to higher speed on the straight.

Well did not expect that outcome, :O_o: really had a load of problems with braking at the end of the start finish straight. I messed that up so many times in the first race, second race was better, still a problem though.
I think on the practice server the BMW had ABS, so the problem never occurred during practice, it was the Porsche that only had TC.
Braking is a big issue for me. :(
Had to laugh when I looked at Chris replay, I looked so in control, :)apart from the braking at the end of the straight.:(
Really hate being followed, get so nervous, but after the "inevitable", which I must say I was glad of.
The rest of the race was quite comfortable.
A special thankyou for the event John @Medilloni , ( can we have ABS for the next one );)
And for from my perspective very fair racing from all.
First race was entertaining to say the least, with @HF2000, I could nothing about the Ferrari pace, as @640er said, funnily I could hold the Corvette in the straights which was a shock for me.

Yes that fooled me for ages, I think the replay shows other peoples braking as 0% or 100% tried unsuccessfully to mimic it, until I looked at someone else's replay, so dropped that as an idea.

This is me in the car when I am being followed closely. like with, well, anyone really.
At least with @Chris Down I know it is inevitable, so it is just a case of when.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

JRscareddriver.gif

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%