AC GTE / GT2 @ Okayama International Circuit - Weds 8th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
CrewChief was telling me "Blue flag. A faster car is behind you" when the nearest car behind me was over five seconds away. I think it's passing judgement on me rather than being informative :notworthy:
Well Crew chief thought it was a multiclass event. When a Corvette was behind me, I got the message that a faster class car was behind me:laugh:.

CrewChief was telling me "Blue flag. A faster car is behind you" when the nearest car behind me was over five seconds away. I think it's passing judgement on me rather than being informative :notworthy:
I saw a post about how crew chief works out the blue flag and it was based on this logic:

the code for this is really simple. If a car is ahead of you in the race, but is 40 metres or less behind you on track, trigger a blue flag

If this is still the current logic, then the problem with this approach is that in slower parts of the track, it'll trigger a little earlier than it probably should

Thanks guys for the turnout, really appreciate you all turning up - and thanks to all for the positive comments too :)

Huge congrats to the most winningest guys - great racing on a tough track to plan overtakes. Big shout out to @Chris Down for taking part feeling like :poop: (get well soon!)and @Kek700 Ernie for a stonking 2nd race matey - have watched the replay and what a great race!.

I've wanted to run these cars at least once per month, it's close to a GT3 fix (which, selfishly I enjoy,!), so if you're OK with a semi-permanent, monthly fixture with these cars please let me know! My guess is that if you know we'll be using them, we can practice and get to refine your car/setup preferences.

I had 2 great, fun races, 1st race, sorry @pretend racer Jason, I couldn't avoid you in R1 at the hairpin, thought you were waiting, went to go round the front of you then caught you as you moved forward - then having watched the replay I saw my oversteer moment in T1 caught you, my apologies for that - I didn't feel anything at the time:(

Car setup was weird, practiced with std setup with 3 rr wing - loved it, felt OK and good lap times (for me). Lesson learnt, I couldn't race anyone with it:laugh: Had great overall lap time, but got murdered on acceleration and top speed, couldn't even get a tow:confused:

I was really hoping the first race was 1 lap shorter as I knew I wouldn't hold you off for another lap lol, then I outbraked myself trying to keep you behind haha.

Last edited:
If i had to choose between, out of the wednesday regulars, i'd probably have these in first place for a monthly slot. The mazda/porsche and merc.. lmp and dtm races are brilliant fun to drive but these gt2/gte cars make for better closer racing. All of the 4 cars have a part to play, always a good sign when people can't decide! Hope they stay with the abs off and tc on too :whistling: :thumbsup:

On the topic of replays, is the brake telemetry correct for the other cars? For the throttle I can see people feathering it, but the brake is showing either 100% or 0% on all cars except mine
Yeah, as Ernie says, it's always like this. Some people have said it's a feature, rather than a bug (bit of a weird feature tho - why obfuscate the brake info but not the throttle??).

Another fun replay feature that I have seen in the past but not looked for recently: speeds for other vehicles are wrong (anyone other than the person who recorded the replay I mean). Was most easily seen by comparing dashboard speeds on a straight for cars which are obviously doing the same real speed... Was reported years ago so maybe it got fixed (yeah right :roflmao:).

Thanks for mentioning this Neil, I had a conversation with RasmusP a long time ago on this very subject. I could not understand why I was faster in speed, virtually everywhere, but slower in time compared to someone who was clearly faster. All we could do was assume what you have just pointed out.:)

Now the race is over, time for a huge OT, and wonder if you guys can help this pc numpty....

Our son bought me a 120gb SSD for fathers day, it's sat there doing nothing at the moment - the pc still boots from the 1tb hdd. The idea for the ssd was just for AC and he installed my Steam Library thingy on it so games could be downloaded to the ssd if I choose.

My questions are:
- which AC files/folders do I pull over to the ssd? I mean, there's the main c drive AC folder in 'program files (x86)>steam>steamapps>common>assettocorsa' , but there's also the 'documents>assettocorsa' file with setups etc on it.

- do shortcuts still work or do I need to make new ones?

- where should I have Content Manager?, on the old drive or the new one?

- if a program (AC) needs files on different drives do they still 'talk to each other'? This is the confusing bit for me!:confused:

I'm not even sure which questions I should be asking!:laugh:

So if anyone could point me to an idiot-proof guide on how different drives/files can or can't interact, I'll be very grateful:) Thought I'd ask here rather than the 'computech' thread 'cos I probably wouldn't understand the answers:D

Hi @Medilloni, this vid covers creating a new steam library folder on the SSD and moving the game over to the new library:

It sounds like you already have the library on the SSD, so you should be able to skip ahead to when he shows moving the game. The shortcuts should be fine since they reference the steam app ID, not where it's installed

That will copy over most of the heavy files, the stuff in your documents are usually small setup and config files, so I'd probably just leave them where they are since moving the user directories to another drive doesn't seem quite so straightforward at first glance

edit: forgot about content manager, it's a pretty small .exe, I'd probably just leave it where it is. The big gain is going to be when loading all the track and car textures

I just checked my content manager. In the 'settings / content manager / drive' page it has various options for launching AC. If yours is set to AppID, then I think the move will not affect anything, otherwise you might need to tell it where to find AC after you move it. Let us know if it doesn't work as I'm sure it can be quickly fixed.

So would I leave Content Manager on the hdd? It's not listed as a program as far as I can tell.

Personally, if you are not comfortable moving it, I'd leave it. It's a small .exe so you are not going to gain much moving it to SSD anyway.

When you say it's not listed, I'm assuming you mean in steam? You can find where it's located by right clicking on the shortcut, selecting properties and then looking at the location in 'target' if you do want to move it. Just remember to re-create or update the shortcut afterwards

Personally, if you are not comfortable moving it, I'd leave it. It's a small .exe so you are not going to gain much moving it to SSD anyway.

When you say it's not listed, I'm assuming you mean in steam? You can find where it's located by right clicking on the shortcut, selecting properties and then looking at the location in 'target' if you do want to move it. Just remember to re-create or update the shortcut afterwards
Thanks Scott :) I'll leave it where it is!

I've looked under all programs and in steam folders but can't find CM - clicking on properties brings up this:
cm shortcut.JPG

I just noticed there is another setting in CM :)

'settings / content manager / general' has the actual location of AC. You might need to check if that automatically updates after you move it

I just noticed there is another setting in CM :)

'settings / content manager / general' has the actual location of AC. You might need to check if that automatically updates after you move it
Brilliant, thanks Scott, feel a bit more confident about it all now! - off to the allotment for a few hours and hope to get it done later :)

Now the race is over, time for a huge OT, and wonder if you guys can help this pc numpty....

Our son bought me a 120gb SSD for fathers day, it's sat there doing nothing at the moment - the pc still boots from the 1tb hdd. The idea for the ssd was just for AC and he installed my Steam Library thingy on it so games could be downloaded to the ssd if I choose.

My questions are:
- which AC files/folders do I pull over to the ssd? I mean, there's the main c drive AC folder in 'program files (x86)>steam>steamapps>common>assettocorsa' , but there's also the 'documents>assettocorsa' file with setups etc on it.

- do shortcuts still work or do I need to make new ones?

- where should I have Content Manager?, on the old drive or the new one?

- if a program (AC) needs files on different drives do they still 'talk to each other'? This is the confusing bit for me!:confused:

I'm not even sure which questions I should be asking!:laugh:

So if anyone could point me to an idiot-proof guide on how different drives/files can or can't interact, I'll be very grateful:) Thought I'd ask here rather than the 'computech' thread 'cos I probably wouldn't understand the answers:D
Steam has a built in tool to move the install location of a single game. Don't do it manually.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back