GTC-TC-76:ENDURANCE Mercury Cougar @Watkins Glen - 20th June 2013

159639WatkinsEnduroflyer.png

Server name: 2RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Mercury Cougar (link to mod given on sign up)
Track: Watkins Glen long layout( Download ) alternative download Here Optional TV Cams HERE

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

This is a Endurance event :
Qualification start time: GMT 19.00 ( 30 min )
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (36 Laps Approx. 80 min)

Important Please Read

for this event we are using a modified version of the original Mercury Cougar mod made by Team 21 and Freinds, permission was granted by Team 21 to Yves Larose to make the modifications to the mod but an official release was denied but Team 21 agreed to a private distribution of it so therefore the download link of the modified mod will be pm to each participants upon sign up. it is strictly forbidden to give the download link to anybody and/or to upload the modified mod on any site its important cause its Yves reputation that is at stake here for future permission. the modifications are the following

- Tyres wear have been modified to suit the new fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption.
- The fuel tank have been reduce to 80 ltr compare to the 140 ltr of the original mod.
- The fuel consumption have been made higher then the original mod.
- The hud is now in English.
- Liveries have been add.

Note 1: tyre and fuel will be set at normal
Note 2: only the skins that come with the mod please, the first 20 sign up have to pick a different liverie after that the next 20 sign up follow the same rule. to see the liveries choice Click here
Note 3: Unpack simply extract the GameData file to the main GLT folder and let it override if asked if you already have the mod install it is recommended that you move it to a temporary location before installing the new one, it is also recommended that after the event you replace the modified version of the mod by the original one to avoid any conflict in further event using it.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: Qually is an unlimited lap type of qually.
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.
On this track at the exit of turn 1 there is a big white kurb you are allowed to put 4 wheels on it but not pass that kurb, at the inner loop you are allowed to put 4 wheels on the white kurbs but not pass them, at the exit of turn 10 there is also a big white kurb again you are allowed to put 4 wheels on it but but not pass it. these are the only exception on the track please refer to the track map below.
640px-Watkins_Glen_International_Circuit_Map.png

Pic1 and Pic 2

Note 7: The pit entry and exit is a bit tricky on that track, you are required for the pit entry to obey the pitlane line that start between turn 10 and 11 and to maintain a decent speed to avoid any incident. On the exit please stay to the right of the white line until it end and be very mindful of possible upcoming cars.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Yves Larose #69
  2. Rupe Wilson #67
  3. Antonio Tavares #7
  4. Ian Strom #57
  5. Guus Verver #79
  6. Steven Walker #22
  7. Rui F. Martins #28
  8. Peter van Zanten #88
  9. Norman Bruce #48
  10. Roland Warmenhoven #15
  11. Ross McGregor #76
  12. Warren Dawes #41
  13. Tim Ling #1
  14. Warren Schembri #16
  15. Hiroshi Awazu #44
  16. Rickard Norgren #14
  17. Neil Gault #76
  18. Eck Simpson #5
  19. Paul Barrass #98
  20. Krzysztof Babij #25
  21. Andreas Löffler #28
  22. Jason Holden-Jones #44
  23. Tony Wiltshire #57
  24. Pär Öqvist #48
  25. Christopher Hall-Nelson #7
  26. Christopher Mattiuz #22
  27. Marcin Piatkiewicz #15
  28. Jorge Ferreira #25
  29. Dave Flower #79
  30. Markus Hakamo #88
  31. Kjell Eilertsen #1
  32. Mate Orban #67
  33. Calum McLure #16
  34. Driver
  35. Driver
  36. Driver
RESERVE DRIVERS
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
Rules:

Pitting Rules and Procedure Click ME
Also rule: 8,&9 Failure to pit correctly will result in a penalty !

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.
and thanks to Yves for making this happen

Important please make sure to check if you have the skin #55 install if so delete it from the team folder its name is "PetrolheadsCATS55" the skin is most likely to cause problem. sorry i though i had it remove from the download file.

Well that race turned out to be way better than I had expected. I don't have a great track record at Enduros and I was pretty slow in the car no matter what I tried to tweak setup wise. Still starting in the lowly twenty somethings, I waited on the start line for the off. My sound was not coping well with all those other cars around me but that sorted itself out as the field thinned out during the early laps. I had been concerned that the limited variation in pit stops might produce a mad rush for the pits on the appropriate laps but that didn't seem to materialise which made it a better event IMO. Had some fine racing moments with a few drivers but mostly I was on my ownsome truddling around and trying to keep out of those really quick guys way. How do they do it? Any way I made it to the end with only one unforced error and no damage and was delighted to make it into the 'teens.
Big thanks to the backroom boys for a very successful event, pats on the back all round I think.

And thank you for the replay file and the results thingy, much appreciated.

When you came up in my rear; I thought it was Krzysztof closing the gap on me and fighting back for his position (same colour car...). That is the reason I defended my position, I only saw that it was you after receiving a stop and go for not respecting blue fags.
Thats not really or at least a very bad excuse to me. If you overtook Krzysztof and made a gap and suddently a car comes up to you, you should get starting thinking. Also if there is no blue light because

1. At start/ finish you get a gap from pit how far away is the guy behind you. And if there is showing 5 sec but i'm obviously 0,2 sec behind you, then i can't be the guy which is a position behind you.
2. Latest there you had could look back, press Tab and you see name and position of the car behind you which had show you i'm not Krzysztof.

It destroyed the whole effort i put in this race to close that gap to Mate, pass him with pitstop plus give all to open a gap to him due i knew he will be faster to the end. Was quite confident it will work out but with that, no chance.
Additional is that after i passed you already, you repass me quite roughly with pushing me on grass almost against the wall. So, i can't understand it, you must had a total tunnel vision.

What a great event, with 32 eager Cougars on the grid.
I had a few problems during the race most of them my own. Had a cautious opening lap and held my grid position but at T1 on lap 2 Rui F. Martins "smacked my behind" he had missed his brake point but I was probably still a little too cautious and maybe braked a little early.
A few laps on and I had Dave Flower closing in on me and at T6 a left hander I accidentally hit my pit limiter so Dave got past, he probably would have passed me at some point without my error anyway.
My pit stop went ok but a few laps latter Krzysztof Babij emerged from the pits between Dave and myself we went along the back straight and as we approached the inner loop I miss judged the turn, not sure why as there was at least 2 car lengths between us, I must be too easily distracted.
Near the end of the race I was closing in on Tony Wiltshire fast and got the gap down from about 15 to 4.5 seconds , but in my excitement I was a bit heavy with my right foot coming out of T9 and spun round facing the wall so my chance to catch Tony had gone.
Thanks to the event staff for this race and I'm looking forward to Yves's video:)

Thats not really or at least a very bad excuse to me. If you overtook Krzysztof and made a gap and suddently a car comes up to you, you should get starting thinking. Also if there is no blue light because

1. At start/ finish you get a gap from pit how far away is the guy behind you. And if there is showing 5 sec but i'm obviously 0,2 sec behind you, then i can't be the guy which is a position behind you.
2. Latest there you had could look back, press Tab and you see name and position of the car behind you which had show you i'm not Krzysztof.

It destroyed the whole effort i put in this race to close that gap to Mate, pass him with pitstop plus give all to open a gap to him due i knew he will be faster to the end. Was quite confident it will work out but with that, no chance.
Additional is that after i passed you already, you repass me quite roughly with pushing me on grass almost against the wall. So, i can't understand it, you must had a total tunnel vision.

The explanation I gave you is exactly what happened, my fault yes, but surely not a deliberate mistake or attempt to block you (why would I risk an accident with a car in front of me if I knew I had a comfortable gap to the car behind?). I could and perhaps should have done many things, but I did my best to race fair as I always do.
2. As soon I I saw a stop and go penalty on chat Windows, I did look back, realize that it was you and not Krysztof behind me, and immediately slow down to let you pass.

Additionally, after the way you tried to pass me before that, pushing my car aggressively to the side, did you really expected that I made it easy for you next corner when you leave the door open? That is a situation that I don't feel I should say sorry, and I'd do it again.

If you want to add something, please use a PM instead, and allow me to suggest that you read the rules again, particularly the last one:

"Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member that organized your race via PM, sending them an incident report that includes a video that clearly shows the incident."

To all participating GTL members -

I've been reading these posts and it is only adding to my dismay at what the GTL club seems to be, at the moment. I'm not going to bang on about how long I've been racing at RD in GTL or any of that :poop:, but I honestly find, what I perceive to be, the splintering and disintegration of the club, a bit bloody depressing!!

GTL @ RD is, and always has been about fun, a night away from reality, imagining YOU are actually driving that vintage piece of craftwork and treating it and the other cars, with the respect they deserve, in both real and sim life. What it has never been about is winning, hotlapping, being the best, being the fastest .... whatever:rolleyes:

I've had some great nights over the years with Warren, Stu, Hans, Tim, Hansje, Andy, .... hell, all of you at some point, we have 'rubbed', 'traded a little paint' but we've given room and respect at every single corner:thumbsup:

Loathe though I am to say this, I do race in my 'real' life, nothing glamourous, club racing - we're competitive, fired up, and ready to push to our own limits but we're fair, whether it's an old Mk1 MX5, 205, or whatever, you give each other room to race - divebombing, bumpdrafting and driving beyond your personal limits rarely exist when you have a budget to run to;)

In conclusion, stop quoting the rules in signups and start driving to them, make GTL @ RD the fun, enjoyable escape it always has been and should be, hell Rupe, lets have another Goodwood Revival meeting - slow(er) cars, classic circuit, a fun, results don't matter, blast!!!:D :D

I'll be honest and say I'm pretty fed up with GTL at the moment, I'll sign up for Tuesday, but my heart isn't in it.

Fellas .... we have something brilliant / wonderous (unique in RD.)

Lets not balls it up.

Fire away if I'm speaking out of turn ... :(

Rupe, DO NOT feel you have failed. You have taken on the job and are doing a bloody good job:thumbsup: At the end of day it is about respect, and I think it is down to all club members to respect the rules of the club and abide by them. Harsh, though it may sound, if the they can't then go somewhere else.

Members change, move on, but the 'spirit' of the club doesn't. I'm at the stage of thinking that should be enforced if necessary.

Chin up Rupe, without you, this wouldn't even exist....Thanks for everything :)

Rupe, DO NOT feel you have failed. You have taken on the job and are doing a bloody good job:thumbsup: At the end of day it is about respect, and I think it is down to all club members to respect the rules of the club and abide by them. Harsh, though it may sound, if the they can't then go somewhere else.

Members change, move on, but the 'spirit' of the club doesn't. I'm at the stage of thinking that should be enforced if necessary.

Chin up Rupe, without you, this wouldn't even exist....Thanks for everything :)

Words of wisdom! :thumbsup:

wfik.jpg

Great post
To all participating GTL members -

I've been reading these posts and it is only adding to my dismay at what the GTL club seems to be, at the moment. I'm not going to bang on about how long I've been racing at RD in GTL or any of that :poop:, but I honestly find, what I perceive to be, the splintering and disintegration of the club, a bit bloody depressing!!

GTL @ RD is, and always has been about fun, a night away from reality, imagining YOU are actually driving that vintage piece of craftwork and treating it and the other cars, with the respect they deserve, in both real and sim life. What it has never been about is winning, hotlapping, being the best, being the fastest .... whatever:rolleyes:

I've had some great nights over the years with Warren, Stu, Hans, Tim, Hansje, Andy, .... hell, all of you at some point, we have 'rubbed', 'traded a little paint' but we've given room and respect at every single corner:thumbsup:

Loathe though I am to say this, I do race in my 'real' life, nothing glamourous, club racing - we're competitive, fired up, and ready to push to our own limits but we're fair, whether it's an old Mk1 MX5, 205, or whatever, you give each other room to race - divebombing, bumpdrafting and driving beyond your personal limits rarely exist when you have a budget to run to;)

In conclusion, stop quoting the rules in signups and start driving to them, make GTL @ RD the fun, enjoyable escape it always has been and should be, hell Rupe, lets have another Goodwood Revival meeting - slow(er) cars, classic circuit, a fun, results don't matter, blast!!!:D :D

I'll be honest and say I'm pretty fed up with GTL at the moment, I'll sign up for Tuesday, but my heart isn't in it.

Fellas .... we have something brilliant / wonderous (unique in RD.)

Lets not balls it up.

Fire away if I'm speaking out of turn ... :(

What a great post!!!
With people like this contributing, I think the club's future is looking healthy.
I can see that people feel they've invested time and effort into an event, but surely its important to maintain some perspective on how important performance and results are compaired with the camararderie and mutual respect of taking part?
Of course, that's easy for me to say when I've not yet been involved.
I look forward to joining you guys on track.

I haven't raced here long, but everyone has always been fantastic, generous of time and effort, and the event organisers deserve much kudos. This is the most heated thread I've seen on here, but to the organisers and to Rupe Wilson in particular, I would say this is not a failing on your part, and although I don't know how people feel/comment on other club nights, the fact that this was a big field, a long event, and was hugely anticipated means that expectations are high.

For those people who went home early so to speak it was quite a huge disappointment,( although I used the time wisely to "DNF" my avatar :) ), and there were people racing who had kids looked after and houses cleared to take part whose disappointment in part comes from the waste of pulled in favours from the missus/family, etc.

Now, having said all of that. This was a fantastic week. Event was excellently delivered and presented. Thanks Yves. Thanks Rupe. Plenty of advance notice, mod installed well in advance, and even though I hate the car with a passion, practice was fun, helpful and chat was excellent.

Qualy and race night were disappointing in terms of my performance, but even if I knew in advance I was going to have a disaster I still would have took part and still enjoyed it massively as every lap laid down you learn something or have fun doing something.

Personally I've learnt that the safest line when coming to an accident is the one with a potential run off to the grass rather than into the wall, particularly with cold brakes :)

I have being reading the post's form this event seems it's all got a bit too serious.:rolleyes:

I did n't part myself but sounds like there was a bit carnage on track, with that so many cars fighting for a position incidents are going to happen.

Simon Bacon is spot on with his comments as real racer his behavior will dent his car and bank balance in the real world. But this not the real world it's just a "game" on a PC at the end of the day when it goes wrong you just hit the reset button and start again :), sure we all get a bit p*****d off at the time but what harm has it done, did we break a bone or cost us thousands of $$$$$ for the repair bill I think not. We all know that it's a crash fest on the open servers so we are here for a bit of fair racing which is provided by hard working people organizing events that we enjoy and they don't even get paid for but they only for the passion and enjoyment for GTL.

Myself I know I will never be a front runner but I still enjoy ever minute of it, the banter on T/S and the helpful and friendly staff and other members of the club will keep me entertained for few hours each week whats not to like :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality
Simulated reality is the hypothesis that reality could be simulated—for example by computer simulation—to a degree indistinguishable from "true" reality, and may in fact be such a simulation. It could contain conscious minds which may or may not be fully aware that they are living inside a simulation.

Rupe Wilson no way have you failed you have introduced a new format to the club which is working it's time people to understand rules of the "game" and just show a little respect for others.

quote : this was posted late under the influence of a beer or two :barefoot:

Here's one of my home video about a few practice laps at Bruno with a Porsche 914.

Thanks for this Mate, very handy to watch and learn. :thumbsup:

It must be the magic gloves. :p

Seriously though, the best lesson for other drivers is how smooth you are keeping everything. Very smooth, clean control of the wheel, no sharp jerky movements. Similarly with braking and throttle.
Great lesson for all of us. Learn the optimal lines from practice, and then keep the driving inputs as smooth as possible. ;)

I'm loathe to add any more fuel to the fire, but since Simon has gone out on a limb for most of us, I feel I should support his comments.
Thanks Simon for saying so well what some of us may be thinking. :thumbsup: I hope you inspire something positive for the GTL Club.

I'll be honest and say I'm pretty fed up with GTL at the moment, ......................, but my heart isn't in it.

As one of the older, long time members of this great Club, who has shared that unique spirit within the Club, I have to also admit to the same feelings now. For a number of reasons, I have withdrawn for a while to hopefully re-generate the enthusiasm again.
This Event was my "return" event. The car, track, planning & organisation, enthusiasm, and large grid sparked my interest greatly.

I quite enjoyed the Event, despite wrecking my lovely classic Cougar in the start line carnage, the actual racing was a lot of fun, all of it very clean with drivers I hadn't raced with before. Yes there were some incidents around me but they were accidents, nothing deliberate or overly aggressive, and we weren't racing for sheep stations. Thanks to those I diced with.

However, all of the fun was diminished for me after reading this Forum thread. Where did all of the respect for others go? Some of the posts here were out of order, serious grievances should be sorted out via PM's or privately via the Staff, and then only after replay reviews and cooling off time. Public sniping is embarrassing for everyone.

I'm adding this simply to show my agreement to Simon's "call out", and to re-inforce that respect is needed not only on the virtual racetrack, but also in the Forum.
Most important of all, lets show some respect to the guys like Rupe, Yves, Knut, Stu, who have worked so hard to create and maintain this unique GTL Club. :notworthy:

sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture, which is what Simon is re referring to.
see a problem before it starts the same with driving being able to see a problem before it happens..
allot of times its a little thing that can soon grow very quickly.

In this case Antonio made his apology, he said sorry and admitted he messed up..
That should be it, we have all made mistakes and may do in the future.
Remember this is a club race. there are no prizes we do it for fun..
But i see total disrespect for our club rules and forum rules.. I have asked for the rules to be obeyed but still i am ignored..
When you join the forum there are a set of rules you agree to
When you applied for a licence there is a set of rules that you agree to follow

so why is it certain people think they are above the rules...

Again i see myself having to post our simple rules i should not be having to do this guys

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.) Accident reports made within 24 hours of race completion will be ignored.
Any accusations or complaints aired in the Chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. I simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.

We have a procedure that has been put in place a long time ago this is nothing new.

We have seen this happen allot in the last few races, i have seen stupid action by drivers not looking at the bigger picture. Club racing should be fun , an enjoyable experience.. the position you finish should not matter, its all about the fun you have over the couple of hours on the server.

With the recent growth in the club, which is very nice, But we have also seen a more problems arise.
And the fun has been spoilt by a few drivers actions on track and on the forum..
some of you might not see this as a problem, I do, and will not allow the GTL club to be dragged down to their level of racing..
I have asked nicely, I have reminded you all of the rules we have. which at time have been ignored.
Drivers have had the chance to get in line and follow our rules..
And now i will take the appropriate action..

I enjoyed every second, I made a mess of quite a few of those seconds. One particularly stupid point, where I forgot just how close, and how fast, Mate was/is. I moved to the racing line entering turn nine, Mate was already there, and the only contact I had was the result.. Sorry Mate, most definitely my fault.

I'm sure I spent far too long on track, with less than grippy tyres, between stops. Then also spent too long in pits, when I eventually made a stop. I was gifted every place, from others misfortune. The results say I started 9th and finished 5th, disco's and minor off's, gave me that.

Grats to the top three, pace I can only wish for. Thanks to each and every one of you, a ball was had on the server, and on TS. Special thanks to Rupe, Yves and RD.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.