AMS2 GT4 World Series Round 3 @ jacarepagua, Tuesday 7 March 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
ss191413gt4v2-jpg.638219

This Tuesday, round three of the World Series of GT4s takes us to the super fast Jacarepagua circuit. An ex F1 track, Jacarepagua was modified over the years to accomodate MotoGp and Indycars after losing the F1 races to Interlagos, eventually being modified to nothingness as Rio's Olympic development saw the track demolished. We still have access to it of course, and will use the last 2005 version of the GP circuit.

GT4 Series Schedule

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 GT4 Jacarepagua
Server Password: PM will be sent on sign up
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X2 tyre wear, Mandatory Pitstop.
Assists: Factory Defaults: TC/ABS
Track: Jacarepagua 2005
Cars: GT4 Class: McLaren 570S GT4, Mercedes-AMG GT4, Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R, Porsche Cayman GT4, Ginetta G55 GT4, BMW M4 GT4

GT4 Liveries
Trans Am Camaros
valvoline-png.468053

ss145115-jpg.597991

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table
Practice: 20:00 UTC (30minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 20:45 UTC (60 minutes)

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
ss185131.jpg
Entry List
  1. Redvaliant
  2. Reefabus
  3. Fiberoptix
  4. GeekyDeaks
  5. Lloyd Johnston
  6. Bas Kriesels
  7. T1MKO
  8. Munkyboo
  9. Eric S
  10. Stefan Hiller
  11. A. Rozendom
  12. Kees Veenstra
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
Found this mod. Drives pretty good. Could it be included next week? Right around the same power and weight as the Ginetta.
https://*********************************/downloads---automobilista-2.html

Attachments

• 20230302_144326.jpg
    20230302_144326.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hey Tim, Scott added. I really like this track, it's just manic. I've actually been doing some TT laps in the BT49 and MP4/1C and had to stop after about 30mins as my arms were getting tired from the forces.

Nice bit of kit @Munkyboo ! I'm guessing you can switch it between GT and a Formula position really easily?

Clubsport v2 Pedals have arrived and they are not to my liking at the moment
You'll have to remind me what you had before.... did you move to a load cell on the brake? I was fortunate enough to switch to load cell early on whilst I was still figuring stuff out so I never really noticed a big change, but I have seen a few posts around here where people have swapped after a few years and found it took a while to adjust.

Nice bit of kit @Munkyboo ! I'm guessing you can switch it between GT and a Formula position really easily?

You'll have to remind me what you had before.... did you move to a load cell on the brake? I was fortunate enough to switch to load cell early on whilst I was still figuring stuff out so I never really noticed a big change, but I have seen a few posts around here where people have swapped after a few years and found it took a while to adjust.
Scott, I had Thrustmaster T-LCM so they were loadcell, but it took me quite a while to get the feel right by using different elastomer/spring combo's.
These Clubsport pedals are far too soft for me so I've ordered some new oil for the oil damper and a kit for the bottom damper which has different elastomers it can use so I should be able to get them to my liking. Won't be arriving for a few days so will try and get them setup with a bit more resistance tonight.

Would like to join again Daniel! Save me a spot on the grid, please!

Daniel, put me down for a spot please. My new (2nd hand) Clubsport v2 Pedals have arrived and they are not to my liking at the moment so it will be a bit of testing race for me but hopefully I will be able to stay on the same lap as everyone else :D

Hi Daniel, sign me up please. Finally set up my rig and was quite a headache
Hi guys, added.

Yep just a couple minutes loosening a few sets of screws at the seat and pedals to move them. Then a quick adjustment to wheel angle lower if you angled it up for normal GT position. Should get faster with more practice though!

Sign me up. Looking forward to battle with Bas and Timko!

The Merc will benefit from topspeed or is the difference not so big with the Ginetta?
Hi Eric, added. I don't know how all the cars fare on this track. Every time I go to do a lap I choose a classic F1 car instead....the 80s F1s around classic Jacarepagua is one of my favourite combos.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.9%