AMS2 GT4 World Series Round 3 @ jacarepagua, Tuesday 7 March 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Rig post!
20230307_131546.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Eric, added. I don't know how all the cars fare on this track. Every time I go to do a lap I choose a classic F1 car instead....the 80s F1s around classic Jacarepagua is one of my favourite combos.
I'm going to try the Merc this week. Ginetta I struggled with after meddling with the setup. Porsche I quite liked until I ran out of fuel. Feeling the Merc might be quick here on that long straight..

When it became overcast my VR began stuttering, don't know why it seemed perfectly happy up until that.
This is one of the reasons I'm sticking with simple weather on anything I'm running. I can never quite guess the headroom I need for the different conditions. Rain seems ok, but poor lighting seems to be an absolute killer. Fortunately, I had given myself about 5ms clearance as I was mucking around with a night to day historic Bathurst yesterday and thankfully forgot to change the settings back

In hindsight probably not the best race to try new pedals in. First 10 laps or so I was doing OK, braking was terrible but I was expecting that. The thing that got me was the weather changes and day night transition. In VR eye strain was too much after a while and trying to get used to new pedals was too much for my old brain to cope with. Nice to see Eric in my mirrors again:)

Last edited:
I hear you, new gear is a struggle for me to get used to too in this race. Today new position, pedals, wheel level, and closer moinitor and so higher FOV. Spun too many times, especially on the easy to spin Merc GT4...

Once again, you need to be on Discord, you'd have heard everyone yelling at you to click "Ready".
Nope would not have mattered. I was getting ready for an hour race, drinking some water and finalising the pit strategy. The time between quali and race needs to be longer, maybe 4 minutes or something. Shame i had to miss this.

Nope would not have mattered. I was getting ready for an hour race, drinking some water and finalising the pit strategy. The time between quali and race needs to be longer, maybe 4 minutes or something. Shame i had to miss this.
You can do this also in the last minutes of qualifying?

If you were still on your rig it may still have helped as you would have heard us discussing the fact the countdown had started and asking if everyone had enough time. We can reset the timer now, but it's disruptive in that everyone gets kicked back to the timer screen and it requires Daniel or I to be out of VR to do it as it's a server side control and not available in game, so we need a bit of time to prepare and ensure everyone knows we are doing it in the closing seconds, hence this is only likely to be put in motion for anyone in discord.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies