AMS2 GT4 @ Nurburgring - Sprint - Thursday 3 November

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Guido Trampe

AMS2 Moderator
Premium
GT4.jpg

Join us for another outing in our 'Fixed Thursday' club races, where we put aside the complexities of tuning setups to instead race the best cars that AMS2 has to offer in their default states. This week, we return to the always entertaining GT4 class of touring cars. We will pit these modern Gentlemen Gt cars on the Nurnburg Sprint track in two sprint races.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #2 GTE
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X2 tyre wear
Setups: Fixed
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Nurnburgring - Sprint
Cars:
McLaren 570S GT4, Mercedes-AMG GT4, Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R, Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR, Ginetta G55 GT4, BMW M4 GT4

amg gt4.jpg

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table
Race 1.
Practice:
18:30 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:50 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 19:00 UTC (25 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying:
19:30 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (25 minutes)

GT4_2.jpg

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

1. @Guido Trampe
  2. @Eric S
  3. @A. Rozendom
  4. @Lloyd Johnston
  5. @T1MKO
  6. @Munkyboo
  7. *@Redvaliant
  8. @Kees Veenstra
  9. @Ronk Hegevall
  10. @GeekyDeaks
  11. @ColinMac
  12. @ErikBakker
  13. @Bas Kriesels
  14. @The Almighty Snark
  15. @Frobs
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
  28. Free Spot

Last edited:
We had some good races with these cars at Laguna so sign me up Guido. Fixed setup might be a problem for the Ginetta as it had the brake balance all wrong in the default setup and it used to swap ends under anything more light braking, although they may have updated it since.

Sign me up.

Also you can change brake balance even if it’s fixed. I never had issue with that, but just couldn’t change traction control during the race.

Let's get a full grid! I am in!

@Guido Trampe - sing me up for this one chap :)

We had some good races with these cars at Laguna so sign me up Guido. Fixed setup might be a problem for the Ginetta as it had the brake balance all wrong in the default setup and it used to swap ends under anything more light braking, although they may have updated it since.

Sign me up.

Also you can change brake balance even if it’s fixed. I never had issue with that, but just couldn’t change traction control during the race.
Nice guys. Lets make it a nicely filled grid. These cars and Nurnburg Sprint is a guaranteed fun!

Nice to see so many attendees allready. Sure we will be running a healty grid Thursday. I have done some observations I would like to share. Attention to these elements will enhance the enjoyement of all.
  • To do your best qualifying lap, you need concentration and a free road ahead. If a faster driver tries to overtake you in this lap, 99% of the time your lap is wasted. Lets stick to the rule, no overtaking other drivers in Qually unless its clear that they are not on a hotlap (giving clear signs ike beeing off the raceline while driving slow). If you are a faster driver in a hotlap but stuck behind a slower driver.. to bad, you picked the wrong point to start your lap. Back off, put time between you and the slower driver ahead and try again. For me this even brings an additional element to the game, having to think about the best time to start my lap. Try it, you will like the immersion.
  • We had incidents at the first lap in last races. Please all remember that the races take 25 minutes to cross finish line. Your gains in lap 1 on the endresult are only minnor. If all goes wrong the negative (for you and others involved) can be deciding factor though. So please, be mindfull of the other drivers, push but with respect. Most positions gained are mostly for them who take T1 with overview, some distance and then go for the gap that those that did not do that make by going off track :)
  • If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.
  • Last but not least, the Golden Rule of online simracing, which we live by here at RD: If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow (or stop your car if necessary) to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.
Lets live by these guidelines (to not say rules :)) in the comming races. In my experience this adds immensly to the fun we can all have. Looking forward to it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back