AMS2 GT4 @ Laguna Seca, Tuesday 21st June, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Thanks Scott, that was a brown trousers moment, not sure how we both got through without contact. Great fun though.:)
As I had the inside line, I was sure you'd back off.... and then you didn't and I was 'oh bugger' :D. Fair play for sticking it through there and coming out ahead

That was fun! :thumbsup:
Took the Porsche for race 1 and the Chevy for race 2. What a difference, especially in fuel consumption. That Camaro was running out of fuel during the last lap, all my shortshifting in the laps before didn´t impress her too much...:D
Used my old Rift CV1 for the first time after an eternity. Apart from the near heart attack I got when Dastan got disconnected during race 1 it worked well during both races to my surprise.
Was fully expecting a disconnect seeing all the problems some of us have using VR in AMS2 during the races.

Link is of my great initial start of the line followed up by a to aggressive 2nd phase. Will learn from that.
You had an almighty start, as did @joeymac - both of you left us all standing. When I looked at the replay from my end, it seems like you started moving almost 0.5s before everyone else, so I'm wondering if you saw the lights go green a tad bit earlier.

The reason I say that is because it looks like there are still some sync issues with this game. From my replay, @xoSx.Racing was clearly ahead of me over the line at the end of the second race:

1655886316717.png

You had an almighty start, as did @joeymac - both of you left us all standing. When I looked at the replay from my end, it seems like you started moving almost 0.5s before everyone else, so I'm wondering if you saw the lights go green a tad bit earlier.

The reason I say that is because it looks like there are still some sync issues with this game. From my replay, @xoSx.Racing was clearly ahead of me over the line at the end of the second race:

View attachment 576100
Uhm... yeah, it looked the same on my replay.
To add to it, a few laps earlier, when you spun out in front of me, I was correct that I didn't touch you, but it was sync/net code issue.

Attachments

• ss233019.jpg
    ss233019.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 40
  • ss233044.jpg
    ss233044.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 36
  • ss232944.jpg
    ss232944.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 44
  • ss232917.jpg
    ss232917.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 39
Yup, definitely sync issue as from my replay there was contact:
1655887796211.png

To be honest, I suspected as much at the time because of your previous comments about your connection. I wanted to tell you to carry on and not wait, but I was using the hand I use to press the PTT button to shift down at that time. As I'm in VR it took me a few seconds to get my hand back on the wheel in the right place and locate the button, probably because I was rushing.... :rolleyes:. I might switch the button to the other side

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.4%