AMS2 GT4 @ Laguna Seca, Tuesday 21st June, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Hey Steve, added. Have you tried to do an extended practice/race session in AMS2 offline to see if it's a game or VR issue?
Hi, I've not done any long offline sessions in AMS - rarely more than about 20 minutes but the issue weirdly only seems to happen in actual races. Never had a problem during the 30 minute practise session or 15 minute qualy but once in a race happens fairly regularly every 5-10 minutes.
While the video completely freezes in VR from the FFB and motion I can feel the car is still moving (until it hits a wall at speed)

I had the glitch too in the last race, but I was fortunate enough to be on a straight when it happened. I'm wondering if it's when someone decides to quit? The reason I say that is because when I missed joining the start of a race a few months ago, it put me in spectator mode. After figuring out there was nothing I could do to fix it I left the session and there was an almost immediate chorus of 'whoa's in discord.

EDIT: just to also add that I do a fair bit of offline in AMS2 as it's my go-to for just jumping on and having a quick race of something against the AI (most recently V8's somewhere in Brazil) and I have never experienced it, but it's happened a few times in the on-line races.

Last edited:
I had the fade to black-screen a few times during online races. Car was still running and VR was gone, and wouldn't come back. Once, I was entering the pits and as soon as I hit the pit limiter - crash to black. I found that it was more than likely an issue with Oculus not playing nice with a particular USB port. I have a new motherboard now, and hopefully no more issues, though I do notice stuttering and dropped frames as others experience issues or leave.

Guys, guys, I've never raced in AMS2, but my Tuesdays are free, so I wanted to try it. Would I be able to join you? Are there any tips and tricks for the AMS2 physics model? Any setup suggestions (any secret knowledge like the tire pressures in the rF2? :p ). Thanks in advance.

Guys, guys, I've never raced in AMS2, but my Tuesdays are free, so I wanted to try it. Would I be able to join you? Are there any tips and tricks for the AMS2 physics model? Any setup suggestions (any secret knowledge like the tire pressures in the rF2? :p ). Thanks in advance.

I've done 4 races at RD in AMS2, won 3 and one 2nd place. I basically run default, but with radiator opening as closed as possible, and maybe some wing/gearing adjustment if needed. Oh, and brake balance is down to what you like yourself.

If it starts to rain, the worst thing that can happen is cold tyres. Cold tyres in the wet in AMS2 is like having slics on ice. Especially if you start the race in the dry, so you have dry weather tyres. The moment your tyres slip below a certain temperature (was 40 degrees when I participated in the Prototype event at Cleveland) you have basically zero grip what so ever. I actually think I passed a driver twice before he could get into the pits, it was that bad with dry tyres.

I am sure there's some setup "hacks", but I also think default is quite good. It worked for me in 90's DTM and different prototypes! :)

I'd like to sign up to this one too please.
Hi Dastan, Joey, added. Just jump into Discord and ask for setup help, people will help.

How to manage the sessions on the server? Can we change a car without leaving? Is there a way of watching replay while being on the server? Is replay only available from the race, or can we setup other sessions to record replays as well?

Can we change a car without leaving?
Ah, that is such a cool feature in rF2, but I'm pretty sure it's not something you can do in AMS2.

Is there a way of watching replay while being on the server? Is replay only available from the race, or can we setup other sessions to record replays as well?
I find the replay features in AMS2 are a bit, shall we say, raw.... Off-line you can review a replay at any time by going to the menu and the option should be there below the 'return to pit', 'setup' etc... I'll check if this is also available on-line when I finish work... However.... AFAIK, you can only 'save' a replay of the race session and then only after the race has completed. Frustratingly, if the server session is closed before you have saved (I think this happens when the host of the session exits), you will have missed your opportunity to do so. I have looked for an 'autosave' feature in the config files, but never found anything. You just have to be 'quick'.....

Another thing: every time I enter the server, the settings are different, sometimes there is ABS available, sometimes there isn't, sometimes there is TC, sometimes there isn't, sometimes it's raining, sometimes it's dry, sometimes it's night, sometimes it's day. I have no idea how this thing works, lol

Results for tonight's racing, sorry missed the first quali results. Good racing.

20220621211612_1.jpg
20220621214112_1.jpg
20220621220947_1.jpg

Had two great races, battling with @T1MKO in the first and even going side by side through the corkscrew! Great job on those exits chap. Second one had a good tussle with @xoSx.Racing and @max1966i until we all got a bit tangled into T1 :) took me a few laps to get my rhythm back, but managed to end with a drag race to the finish out of the last corner. Not sure how I finished ahead as I was definitely behind from my PoV, but I guess it might have been due to latency?

Thanks for running it @max1966i and taking the time to get us all back on after the glitches.

Last edited:
Had two great races, battling with @T1MK:)O in the first and even going side by side through the corkscrew! Great job on those exits chap. Second one had a good tussle with @xoSx.Racing and @max1966i until we all got a bit tangled into T1 :) took me a few laps to get my rhythm back, but managed to end with a drag race to the finish out of the last corner. Not sure how I finished ahead as I was definitely behind from my PoV, but I guess it might have been due to latency?

Thanks for running it @max1966i and taking the time to get us all back on after the glitches.
Thanks Scott, that was a brown trousers moment, not sure how we both got through without contact. Great fun though.:)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%