AC GT3 @ Zandvoort - Wednesday September 30, 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Still is a shame how the pitcomplex features 26 pitboxes (all 26 replicated by Kunos) but they still found room for just 18 cars...

Thanks for the tag @Herbie! Unfortunately I managed to broke my right foot, so pushing the throttle might be too painful right now.. anyway I see you have a full grid so I wish you all a great and a fun race, may the best win :)

Thanks for the tag @Herbie! Unfortunately I managed to broke my right foot, so pushing the throttle might be too painful right now.. anyway I see you have a full grid so I wish you all a great and a fun race, may the best win :)
Left foot driving an option?? :p
Jk, but how did you do that? I hope you recover soon ;)

OMG! Wish you all the best!! :confused:
And thanks I think we will have a lot of fun today :)

Great 2 races. Wheel to wheel action all the way. But damn the Z4 gets outgunned on the straigths. Can´t wait for the Audi :)

Also this is a very nice format for these sprint races. Thanks for the race guys, see you next time!

Oh man, screwed up the setup massively. Too much downforce.

However, fun 2 races. Race 1 was a calm, incident free run to 9th. I managed to pull off a few good moves on lap 1, and then just drove my race and watched as everyone else crashed. It was a struggle on the straights, but I had enough in the braking zones to defend.

Race 2 was mixed. Started well enough and kept position. Stayed 8th for a bit until i ran slightly wide at Scheivlak (or whatever it's called) and @Ricardo went up my inside. I knew he was there, but I turned in too early to the next corner and we hit. I claim it was my fault, and he claims it was his :roflmao:. Anyway, we resumed in the same position and carried on. Next lap, I screw up the same corner (not quite as badly), so Ricardo's there, but not as far up. I leave space into the next corner but still get hit as he jumped the kerb. We carried on though. Ricardo gets through at turn 1, I follow him, but run wide at turn 3 and can do nothing about sliding into Ricardo at turn 4.

Pit, put softs on and rejoin. All going well until about 3 laps to go when the tyres have enough. Ricardo (who pitted again) is closing rapidly. He's on my tail heading into the last lap. I go round turn 1 slightly wide, but still get a tap and stay ahead. After a few understeery corners, we head into the Audi S side-by-side. I was on the inside, but the 86% tyres didn't like my braking point, so I skidded into the gravel, stopping Ricardo getting the cutback by dragging him in too. I escape ahead, but 85% tyres need a heavy lift through the final corner, so I was a sitting duck and dropped a place.

Good racing, fair incident handling between me and Ricardo and some good laughs meant this was an enjoyable race (apart from being well off the pace).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%