AC GT3 @ Virginia Raceway 10 March 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So what is the correct procedure when being lapped :(, as in how can the slow driver let the fast by without holding them up and without excessive slowing which can cause tyre temp issues?

So what is the correct procedure when being lapped :(, as in how can the slow driver let the fast by without holding them up and without excessive slowing which can cause tyre temp issues?

The correct procedure is as follows...it is the responsibility of the faster driver to overtake you safely, it is your responsibility to allow this overtake to happen as easily and as soon as you possibly can...you have to remember, it might be the leader of the event, with second place driver following very close, so he will get very frustrated quickly. It is in your own interest also, because it gets him out the way and allows you to then put all your efforts and concentration back into your own race.

When you find yourself in a blue flag situation, that situation should now become your number one priority. You should be constantly looking in your rear view mirror, or using helicors, to try and judge when he will be upon on you. Never move of the racing line, but you can lift of the gas slightly to make the overtake easier and quicker.you follow the same procedure for a corner, if you find yourself in this situation, again by lifting of the gas, will allow the faster driver to pass you on the inside or outside, he will make that judgment himself. Again never move off the racing line, that way the faster driver knows exactly where you are and what you are doing.

If you happen to be in a battle yourself, allowing the faster driver to overtake you, must be your number one priority, even if it means your own battle is disrupted.

and if you crash the faster driver ..and I have done myself :barefoot: find a fooking great hole and crawl down it.

Last edited:
The correct procedure is as follows...it is the responsibility of the faster driver to overtake you safely, it is your responsibility to make this overtake as easily and as soon as you possibly can.

When you find yourself in a blue flag situation. that situation now becomes your number one priority. You should be constantly looking in your rear view mirror, or helicors to try and judge when he will be upon on you. Never move of the racing line, but you can lift of the gas slightly to make the overtake easier. Same procedure for a corner, if you find yourself in this situation, again by lifting of the gas, will allow the faster driver to pass you on the inside or outside, he will make that judgment. Again never move of the racing line, that way the faster driver knows exactly where you are and what you are doing.

If you happen to be in a battle yourself, allowing the faster driver to overtake you is your number one priority, even if it means your own battle is disrupted.

Thanks very much for explaining this so well Craig. I had been moving off the racing line and slowing down way too much. I know now what the correct and fair way is cheers

Thanks very much for explaining this so well Craig. I had been moving off the racing line and slowing down way too much. I know now what the correct and fair way is cheers
I'd also say that if you're going to lift off completely to facilitate a quick pass you better move off the racing line and well in advance. I had numerous encounters (not here on RD though) when I was following a lapped car hoping to use his slipstream to make the overtake only to bump into him because he lifted off when I didn't expect it. This is especially dangerous if done at a corner exit or right after it when the cars accelerate very fast.

Hi Robert, you were as much as 2s faster then me yesterday. Would you share your setup with me?

I've just been using this setup John posted a few weeks back and adjusting the tire pressures and top speed where possible.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-road-america-sun-24-feb-2019.164980/page-5#post-2921779

To be fair, I have no clue on what changes to make on suspension but this is a decent starting point. If you can make it not bounce on bumps, it's got a lot more time in it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%