AC GT3 @ VIR - Sunday 14th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I just deleted these two files and was fine going back on the server so it doesn't cause a checksum error.

Here are the files to delete:
\\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\vir
-> balloon.kn5
-> baloon2.kn5
hi @RasmusP
nice if thats the solution everything is fine. Will try it at the afternoon.
thx a lot
hape
PS should we post it in the entry thread or say it on the start because if you get this its not nice

Last edited:
hi
@Chris Down one point to the track: there is one or more hot air balloons flying around. I have had them in the track. Yes you have to drive thru the balloon and you see nothing. Also i have one curve where the balloon was so deep that you only see a black point and no track any more. Is it possible to disable the balloons?
hape
hahah i saw it to in practice yesterday. When i came on top of the hill it scared the sh*t out of me :roflmao:

Everything of what you said haha.

AC didn't support a lot of stuff like weather, dynamic wet racing line etc.
Modes like multiclass, penalty system.

They checked out unreal 4 and they found a solution to port all their ac physics into that engine.
Then they made the 1 spot tyre simulation a 5 spot tyre simulation, made everything more complex, accurate, like in real gt3 racing.

The only real issue was that it turned out to be pretty difficult to make a good looking racing sim with unreal engine 4 so the performance was really bad and after turning down the graphics to be at playable fps, it didn't look that great anymore.

But I have to say right now acc is the best out there for gt3 racing. The ffb needs about 20 hours of driving until you start to get it and like it.
I love how raw it is and how easy the cars are when driving below the limit but how complex and difficult everything becomes when really pushing.

Afaik it's currently the only sim that responds to chassic pitch in a really noticeable and great way!

Since i've bought my new pc i can play ACC finaly, and it's a great sim. But for some reason i find the ffb so wired. I don't know why, maybe it's my ffb settings, but it just doesn't feel right.

Love ACC, but I don’t really want an “over” realistic racing sim, I just want to do a bit of practice, setup and race. Easy to run and good graphics, nice sunny day, and a challenging simulation.
Flat spotting tyres, ever changing road surface, rain, thunder storms, night, leave me as cold as it did in real life.
I could do with improved FFB, and better sound, but AC with it’s almost limitless combinations of tracks and cars, I find unbeatable. :)

I'd like to change to the Reliant Robin as used in Tog Gear please. Thanks.

RRTG.JPG

Everything of what you said haha.

AC didn't support a lot of stuff like weather, dynamic wet racing line etc.
Modes like multiclass, penalty system.

They checked out unreal 4 and they found a solution to port all their ac physics into that engine.
Then they made the 1 spot tyre simulation a 5 spot tyre simulation, made everything more complex, accurate, like in real gt3 racing.

The only real issue was that it turned out to be pretty difficult to make a good looking racing sim with unreal engine 4 so the performance was really bad and after turning down the graphics to be at playable fps, it didn't look that great anymore.

But I have to say right now acc is the best out there for gt3 racing. The ffb needs about 20 hours of driving until you start to get it and like it.
I love how raw it is and how easy the cars are when driving below the limit but how complex and difficult everything becomes when really pushing.

Afaik it's currently the only sim that responds to chassic pitch in a really noticeable and great way!
Doesn't AC have a weather mod and shader now - apparently it looks better than ACC ? (I still have to try it)

Doesn't AC have a weather mod and shader now - apparently it looks better than ACC ? (I still have to try it)
It has, but it's not physically accurate and the performance is reduced by quite a lot.
It's also the work over years by an awesome community instead of a small developer studio. Or maybe they people creating the weather and fake-night stuff are just better at it than the responsible people at Kunos :cautious::whistling:

I guess doing it from scratch (or rather just use the tools that are already there in UE4) was just more attractive!
There's still no dynamic racing line, physically accurate rubber pieces or puddles in AC.
ACC has all that.
And AC doesn't really look better. It has a different look, clearer imo. I like AC more but objectively it's not better.

It has, but it's not physically accurate and the performance is reduced by quite a lot.
It's also the work over years by an awesome community instead of a small developer studio. Or maybe they people creating the weather and fake-night stuff are just better at it than the responsible people at Kunos :cautious::whistling:

I guess doing it from scratch (or rather just use the tools that are already there in UE4) was just more attractive!
There's still no dynamic racing line, physically accurate rubber pieces or puddles in AC.
ACC has all that.
And AC doesn't really look better. It has a different look, clearer imo. I like AC more but objectively it's not better.

Cheers for that - I'll try these AC mods out and post an opinion - I prefer AC too. though I think both look beautiful and are extremely well designed. ACC can be made to look like AC by turning of the shadows and excessive detail. What is so impressive about ACC is the massive range of options that are easily accessible and documented. AC on the other hand is "our" simulator (as Kunos would describe it). I think it is a true classic like GP2, GPL and I do love driving it.

AC is also older (I thought it had a dynamic RL though), and the underpaid mod people (heroes?) will get there eventually I hope, in which case it will outlive a lot of more modern so called sims. You know I actually heard Kunos could not believe the quality and progress the mod guys have made with AC?

I was just driving the new UK tracks DLC in ACC and they are really nice. They also updated ACC to 1.7 today with improvements to the physics engine, graphics and AI. I tried last week's Nissany at ACC Monza - exactly the same except the ffb has greater refinement.

Last edited:
@Chris Down, 650S again please.
Please slot me in with a 650s. Thank you. Appreciate the extra time you devote to hosting each week :)
Sign me up please! 911

Got some renos round the house this weekend but should finish up by the race... I'll let you know if I can't make it
better bags a Maclaren before the garage is empty
Thanks Chris
I'm in @Chris Down please ! Could you TBD me ? - want to check if I can handle the Nissan mate :)

Welcome folks! :thumbsup:

I'm surprised how few people I've seen on the practice server this week. Something big going on?
I've done a few laps. I know the track already and I had a setup from the last time so when I came close to my best laptime I didn't find it necessary to practice more until Sunday. It's on VIR extra important to stay on track because of the huge grass area's on both sides. When off you slide far from the track and it will cost you a lot of time to get back.

I'm surprised how few people I've seen on the practice server this week. Something big going on?
I tend to practice offline quite a lot and then only go on the server to make sure I'm familiar with the real track conditions and see how far I'm off the pace. I'm down in the 1:48s ATM - some way off Chris's world record in the 1:43s...

I did find the video useful in working out suggested corner gears and breaking points. So I've got plenty to work on.

Really enjoying this track. It's a blast.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea