AC GT3 @ VIR - Sunday 14th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I wish. I was playing it whilst I was just waiting for a friend to join another game. Besides, there's no AC RD club races to do during the week, nowt of interest @ simracing.gp, I don't own some of the content for rfactor2 or RRE, so I don't have any other races to practice for - I'm sorry to say :(.

I admit that due to my wife's work, Satuday evening and Sunday is more often than not the only occasions we can spend time together so it is somewhat hard to race all the Sundays, but I had a look at simracing.gp and many many races are either on Sunday or Saturday evenings. The ideal for me would be Saturday in the afternoon but I understand that not many simracers have their wives working in that timeslot :(

My non extisting knowledge of real life racing is really not letting me down :D I have never heard of this track at all. So count me in with the Z4 please.

I drove it in Forza Motorsport 7 and, I admit, definitely hated it, though I may change my mind after some practicing, just like I did with Zandvoort.

GT-R please.

Never been here. Should be interesting
TBD Nissan please @Chris Down
In please with the 488, Chris. I have high expectations for @pattikins in this event as I saw that he's already on the practice server;)!
I was hoping for Nords to show up (been a really long time), but this is also one of the most fun tracks.
R8 for me, as usual, please
I'm in. AMG. Thank you
My non extisting knowledge of real life racing is really not letting me down :D I have never heard of this track at all. So count me in with the Z4 please.
i'm in car tbd
Think I haven't drive anything else here than nissan :O_o:
So GTR it is then.

Welcome folks! :thumbsup:

Hope you don't mind an interjection from a lurker... but I once lived just up the Blue Ridge from VIR, it's an interesting track. Carroll Shelby won the first race in 1957, but it was always short on money and closed in 1974. It was a mess by then, and truly derelict when it was bought in 2000 and turned into a "country club" with memberships and beautiful condos. There are Nascar team facilities, and specialty shops on site.
My time on the track irl is all on two wheels, but considerable. The surface is now beautifully finished and maintained, but intentionally full of bumps and camber changes, and notorious for getting slick when it gets hot and humid in the Virginia summers. It's all about elevation and camber; especially on two wheels, there is no rest anywhere in the lap. It is a beautiful place, especially in the fall with the hardwoods in one of the most historic areas of the US. I've tacked on a pic from back in the day when the double apex Oak Tree turn at the top of the hill actually had an oak tree inside it.
Enjoy the race, enjoy the place! (I'll be driving with you offline as I often do. irl, I never quite got even a single lap exactly right... unfortunately the same is doubly true in the sim.)

Attachments

• Oak Tree.jpg
    Oak Tree.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 48
hi
@Chris Down one point to the track: there is one or more hot air balloons flying around. I have had them in the track. Yes you have to drive thru the balloon and you see nothing. Also i have one curve where the balloon was so deep that you only see a black point and no track any more. Is it possible to disable the balloons?
hape
Are you sure that you have the latest version of the track and no old one?
This sounds.. Broken :roflmao:

I didn't do a lap yet but I remember that I once had an old version of a track and everyone else was driving in the ground. Yes, only the roof was sticking out :D

Are you sure that you have the latest version of the track and no old one?
This sounds.. Broken :roflmao:

I didn't do a lap yet but I remember that I once had an old version of a track and everyone else was driving in the ground. Yes, only the roof was sticking out :D
I'm pretty sure I've seen a screenshot of a balloon ~0.5m above the track. Haven't experienced that myself though. I think removing/renaming baloon.kn5 and baloon2.kn5 files will remove the balloons entirely

I'm pretty sure I've seen a screenshot of a balloon ~0.5m above the track. Haven't experienced that myself though. I think removing/renaming baloon.kn5 and baloon2.kn5 files will remove the balloons entirely
I just deleted these two files and was fine going back on the server so it doesn't cause a checksum error.

Here are the files to delete:
\\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\vir
-> balloon.kn5
-> baloon2.kn5

(Almost?) All of the GT3 cars we use have been given updates IRL called "EVO 2020." Do you think we'll ever see these updates for the game?
No, Kunos isn't working on AC anymore and they fore sure can't be bothered to get the licenses for the evo versions for their old game.

And you can't mod the cars since they are official Kunos content.

So the only real possibility would be that modders create the EVO cars from scratch. But I really doubt that anybody would invest so much time it when you can just play ACC...

No, Kunos isn't working on AC anymore and they fore sure can't be bothered to get the licenses for the evo versions for their old game.

And you can't mod the cars since they are official Kunos content.

So the only real possibility would be that modders create the EVO cars from scratch. But I really doubt that anybody would invest so much time it when you can just play ACC...

I've heard the physics in ACC is totally different. That they used a different engine. Very strange for a simulation company. To build a simulation engine, and then to abandon it. How can you offer simulation solutions, if you aren't using your own engine anymore? You're just making a game now. Maybe they changed their business model. Maybe I think too much and talk too much.

I've heard the physics in ACC is totally different. That they used a different engine. Very strange for a simulation company. To build a simulation engine, and then to abandon it. How can you offer simulation solutions, if you aren't using your own engine anymore? You're just making a game now. Maybe they changed their business model. Maybe I think too much and talk too much.
Everything of what you said haha.

AC didn't support a lot of stuff like weather, dynamic wet racing line etc.
Modes like multiclass, penalty system.

They checked out unreal 4 and they found a solution to port all their ac physics into that engine.
Then they made the 1 spot tyre simulation a 5 spot tyre simulation, made everything more complex, accurate, like in real gt3 racing.

The only real issue was that it turned out to be pretty difficult to make a good looking racing sim with unreal engine 4 so the performance was really bad and after turning down the graphics to be at playable fps, it didn't look that great anymore.

But I have to say right now acc is the best out there for gt3 racing. The ffb needs about 20 hours of driving until you start to get it and like it.
I love how raw it is and how easy the cars are when driving below the limit but how complex and difficult everything becomes when really pushing.

Afaik it's currently the only sim that responds to chassic pitch in a really noticeable and great way!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.