AC GT3 @ Vallelunga - Sun 18 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Frank, was it me that hit you?
During the first lap I suddenly flipped over and found myself in the pit. I saw you there. I have honestly no clue what happened. Id love to see a replay.
Anyway, apologies to all, maybe it was me.
I had a total off day. I was also caught out under braking when I was following a car later on.

I have no idea, but it doesn't matter as I was already standing backwards when it happened :-D. You can see a replay on my twitch channel at twitch.tv/tankslet but that is only in my pov, so that won't be of much use to you.

SERVER #1: GREAT RACE
this is my first race with you guys, I'm really happy!

I also have to say thanks to you and @Magnus Lindberg. I had a really close battle with Magnus for about 9 or 10 laps, I was waiting for the mistake he didn't make!! then you, Andreas, were really faster than me, especially the last laps :D

finished 5th, great result for me! :)

Thank you for the nice and clean racing @Amedeo Fiorella . You really ha me under pressure and i was sweating buckets for those laps :)

I thought this was server2:O_o:

Ovidiu, I had a nice race, chasing you!:thumbsup:

Sorry for the mess on first corner, I fell on somebody who lost control of his car on the right side of the track.:(

Yeah, it was intense the last 5 laps :) I know you were faster in qualifying and I pushed as hard as I could :) Thanks for being competitive, hehe -- that made me break my on PB.

Madness in the first few laps, flying cars, dancing cars.. that was some pile up you had fellas :D kinda worked out for me, even tho I did chuck it off the track twice.
rd-s3.jpg
Good racing as always, courteous as usual during qualy, thanks again, cant wait for the leagues.

Madness in the first few laps, flying cars, dancing cars.. that was some pile up you had fellas :D kinda worked out for me, even tho I did chuck it off the track twice.View attachment 56039 Good racing as always, courteous as usual during qualy, thanks again, cant wait for the leagues.
One question. Are we all using the full damage and 1x tyre wear model, those "blue tires" look so pristine? We should be using the above model, right?

I think there is no damage in MP ? Tyre wear is 1x by everyone , just that tyre wear is a lil bit weird ...like 1-2% in 20 laps ...
Mine sure felt like (half) wasted, tyre wear app showed everything red, percentages were round 50%. Was shortshifting hard, those slow corners just don't fit me.
Yea, regarding damage, it might just be so, since my engine lasted so long.

Mine sure felt like (half) wasted, tyre wear app showed everything red, percentages were round 50%. Was shortshifting hard, those slow corners just don't fit me.
Yea, regarding damage, it might just be so, since my engine lasted so long.

Engine damage is there, blew mine in practice at silverstone the other day, and sorry if i missed this, what tyres were you using? I've done 40 laps on the mediums before using the endurance special event mod, tho that was at mugello and imola.

Server #2...I had a really good race, stayed consistent through out. I Q'd 8th and finished the race in 4th. Although I do believe I finished above where I should have as a couple of the faster guys hit trouble at the start and did not recover in time i think. Also Francisco ran out fuel towards the end gifting me 4th place just before the last corner....but hey ho, thats racing and I'm thoroughly pleased with my result and most of all I kept it clean and stayed out of trouble :)
Thumbs up to everyone in the race guys :)
Server 2. Was having a lovely race, made it up to 3rd after starting from 4th but having a bad start meant i fell to 6th and ran there for a bit.
Due to mis-calculating the fuel i ran out of fuel right next to the last turn in addition to having to run the last lap at half throttle 6th gear the whole time, letting the fellow right behind me take 3rd and tony 4th
Still, great fun and very clean.

Engine damage is there, blew mine in practice at silverstone the other day, and sorry if i missed this, what tyres were you using?
Mediums and regarding the damage, it is, but not in MP. I've blown my engine (due to shortshifting) couple of times in SP, but never in MP. Just yesterday i had a SP race with 500 s1 @ Vallelunga and engine died in the last lap, it has just red silent with plenty of fuel left.

It's really frustrating. Why do 10h preperation and setup work? At least on public servers I fully expect to get hit. Three races here at RD and three times contact in the first lap. Apparently it doesn't matter, if you qualify 2nd if you get hit by somebody who wants to overtake where it's not possible to. I'd be better off to qualify last, avoid contact this way and overtake ten people over the course of the race, cus I can do that I tell ya.
Nordschleife on Wednesday will be the last for some time now.

Last edited:
It's really frustrating. Why do 10h preperation and setup work? Three races here at RD and three times contact in the first lap. Apparently it doesn't matter, if you qualify 2nd if you get hit by somebody who wants to overtake where it's not possible to. I'd be better off to qualify last, avoid contact this way and overtake ten people over the course of the race, cus I can do that I tell ya.
Nordschleife on Wednesday will be the last for some time now.

There are people who are magnets to incidents, not saying you are but some people always force this upon themselves by being too aggressive in a way that they do not realize they actually are.

But the idea of starting behind is actually not so bad as it provides way more race action and makes you sensible to other people's driving styles. Way betetr than being upfront all the time and not having to deal with traffic or different lines in corners.

Besides the above, well, such open races are also meant to be practise for many people. You cannot assume that every player here has years of experience like you and me. If you ask me it's better they learn to drive with us, than doing that on open publics where they might learn the wrong stuff or get bad impressions. :)

Last edited:
You drove very clean m8, was great racing you and @Joao M Alves :)
Was great racing you too! Sorry for cutting you off into the hairpin on one of the last laps, single screen and no peripheral vision:(... Great job keeping the pressure on me though, had me sweating :)

And sorry to anyone in server 2 that I may have hit after the start... The car started to spin for what seemed like no reason, and there was nothing I could do to save it :redface:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back