AC GT3 @ Vallelunga - Sun 18 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Started 18th I believe for the race on Server 2. Didn't get a chance to get a qualifying lap in and thought it to be a challenge to see how high I could get up to!

The start again for me was fantastic, I think I ran three abreast with some guys through T1 and 2 before getting in the middle of a few for the first few laps. After lap 2 I think I was already up to 10th which for me was amazing. I kept it more consistent through the race and had some nice close racing. My pace wasn't too bad but as this was a circuit I've only ever driven a few laps on before in any game let alone Assetto Corsa, I was pleasantly surprised to finish in the top 10. I got caught up in a little incident whilst coming past two guys who had an incident ahead of me (thank you for the lovely collisions Kunos, still can't fathem how the impact is so crazy but it makes for some laughs :D) and managed to finish in the top 10 :)

Looking forward to the next!

It's really frustrating. Why do 10h preperation and setup work? At least on public servers I fully expect to get hit. Three races here at RD and three times contact in the first lap. Apparently it doesn't matter, if you qualify 2nd if you get hit by somebody who wants to overtake where it's not possible to. I'd be better off to qualify last, avoid contact this way and overtake ten people over the course of the race, cus I can do that I tell ya.
Nordschleife on Wednesday will be the last for some time now.

lol, that's how i finished 7th after 13th or 14th place in Q session.

I also don't like to start in the middle of the pack, it's MUCH more comfortable controlling the situation from behind the grid for the first lap and start pushing on lap two.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back