AC GT3 @ Tor Poznan - Sunday 19th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi all.

This will be my first time joining one RD event, so I'm checking if I'm all set for tonight. Bear with me if I struggle with something... :) And, of course, my goal tonight is to keep on track and avoid any mess... lol.

See you soon.

Kind regards,

Hi Fabiano.

Welcome to the AC club!
Please make sure your to read the rules and event details in post 1 and 2 carefully, particularly the golden rule.

Also you will need to add your real name to your forum profile and in assetto corsa settings, so we know it's you out on track.

See you later :thumbsup:

Haha, Han you fecker! You jumped the start and when your car's head lights disappeared from inside my cockpit, then I jumped the start thinking it was lights out!! I knew something triggered me but didn't know what :roflmao: Thought it was a bug or something!

I thought that I had maybe triggered you too by going early!

Shambles of a race all round :)

Last edited:
So last week I gave myself a pat on the back for not really messing up pit stops or any of the basics in a while, after a bad start to the year with that type of thing..

This race, it all started to balance back out, about a minute before the start. First I forget to bring up the essential glass of water. Have a guess that I've left it on the landing so run out for it. Not there. ****. Rattled now. All in a fluster make a quick pre race speech and select first gear. As above jump the start. First ever pole and first ever jump start.. Didn't know you are stuck with controls locked for 20 second..

The racing on the track itself was pretty enjoyable! I had some great battles with @Bart Snijders and @Kek700 although I was a bit of a sitting duck for ernie on the worn tyres up against his new softs late on. He should have been the one under pressure trying to catch my undercut thing, but I messed up my pitstop, went flying past the pit box and had to do a massive reverse, so he came out of the pits just behind me. I should have had at least ten seconds on him and maybe got out in front of guido but wasn't to be! Messing up the pitstop triggered a really cool battle with bart. I havn't had one of them in a while. Just as happy with that :)

Congrats to the podium and @demetri for the win.

See you all next week :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank you for the opportunity of my 1st RD race. I did my best to avoid trouble - I think in the race I've succeeded in this, although couldn't complete my other goal (keep on track... lol). Next one will be better.
Looking forward to the next race.
All the best.

Well done. Just making it to the end of these safely is really good achievement. Something solid to build on :thumbsup:

I was serving out my self imposed race place ban from my terrible driving on Wednesday night, not sure why Demitry was next to me at the back.:roflmao::roflmao:

Only to punt the race “governor” off near the race end, :unsure:lucky for me there was no one around so we both kept our placings.
The Ferrari is so quick on the straights, had to keep very close, did not allow for Brian‘s lower mid corner worn tyre pace.
Sorry Brian.
Got stuck behind three Rotters in Nissans, that were next to impossible to try and have a clean pass, I cannot keep banning myself, so I was extra careful.
Luckily still had good pace in my mediums when they had to pit, and I was able to create an under cut, luckily..
A circuit that I really do not like, so pleased with my end result, had some great battles, and everyone was so good to race against.
well done podiums and a special thanks to @Interslice for the organisation.:)

After me moaning about the rotten luck i had Wednesday night, it is very humbling reading the above post about Han and Brian’s race tonight.:unsure:
I wondered what had happened to Han and Brian.:O_o:
Actually my race was one of the worst ever for me. Jump start with 20s penalty, lap2 got hit from behind by Frank, went far off track, about another 20s delay. Half way own mistake with 4s delay. Finally after some overtakes at 7th close behind Richard and Tim. But then blue flag from Dmitry at an inconvenient point, another 2s lost. When again close behind Tim and Richard thinking 5th might still be possible, I went to early on the throttle in t3 and massive oversteer made me go off. In the last lap I could get 7th back from Colin but that was it. A night to never remember!
It's a pity Brian and I had a jumpstart. It would have been interesting to see if Dmitry was able to pass us all. I was planning a fierce defense against him but it didn't came to that..

I hope next race he will start again from the back so I will have another chance.

Last edited:
Thanks @Interslice I enjoyed that. Not been on for a few weeks and I had to learn this track in the practise. I chose the Nissan for the first time and realised I need to practise launching it off the line, I lost 3 spots off the start due to not moving, the same issue cost me time leaving the pits too. Was a fun race though and I was in and amongst it around other cars continuously, had some good racing. :thumbsup:

Actually my race was one of the worst ever for me. Jump start with 20s penalty, lap2 got hit from behind by Frank, went far off track, about another 20s delay. Half way own mistake with 4s delay. Finally after some overtakes at 7th close behind Richard and Tim. But then blue flag from Dmitry at an inconvenient point, another 2s lost. When again close behind Tim and Richard thinking 5th might still be possible, I went to early on the throttle in t3 and massive oversteer made me go off. In the last lap I could get 7th back from Colin but that was it. A night to never remember!
It's a pity Brian and I had a jumpstart. It would have been interesting to see if Dmitry was able to pass us all. I was planning a fierce defense against him but it didn't came to that..

I hope next race he will start again from the back so I will have another chance.

Staff edit: Please report/discuss any GR breaches by PM, using the guidelines in the first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Passing a GT-R is never easy, especially on a track like this one. As long as the Godzilla is able to hit all the apexes it is pretty safe from being overtaken. I got stuck behind @Fiberoptix for two and a half laps and was able to make a pass only when he made a mistake and went wide in T4.

Maybe we should change those false starts to drive-through. Teleport option is good for public servers as it prevents someone deep behind from going early, hitting other people and thus false-start them as well, but I believe we're better than that

Last edited by a moderator:
Passing a GT-R is never easy, especially on a track like this one. As long as the Godzilla is able to hit all the apexes it is pretty safe from being overtaken. I got stuck behind @Fiberoptix for two and a half laps and was able to make a pass only when he made a mistake and went wide in T4. Passing @Programmer_Rich also deemed a challenge and again he had to understeer and run wide off the track for me to pass him. I was fully expecting him to spin on the curb, so I moved to the left a little bit to leave some space between us and that probably caught off guard @Marko77, who decided to grab the opportunity and made it a three-wide situation on exit. We had a slight touch that I didn't even feel during the race, but AC contact physics somehow sent him into the wall. I felt it was a racing incident (he took the three-wide gamble and came out short), hence why I didn't stop and wait, but if the staff finds I was at fault, so be it.

Maybe we should change those false starts to drive-through. Teleport option is good for public servers as it prevents someone deep behind from going early, hitting other people and thus false-start them as well, but I believe we're better than that

I am not as confident as Han for wanting the fight, I went wide on purpose and lifted slightly. I have had this before with you Dmitry, defending against much faster drivers out of position for me becomes unnecessarily stressful. You are two seconds a lap faster than me over this distance and keeping you behind me makes me slower and more likely to make mistakes. We made contact already in T1 and I had more productive battles to pick. Congratulations on P1 from the back though :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back