AC GT3 @ Thomson Road - Sunday 12th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That really was a fun track! Little bit like rallying. It was a good day for finns. @Aksu made a great comeback with a win, congrats! I made it to P3, my first podium. Well it really doesn’t count cause there was missing some fast drivers, but still feels good. I had over 15sec lead to guys behind me, but did some stupid mistakes and @Sheashant L almost got me. Luckily I just managed to keep him behind me after the crash. Good race mate!

I'm next to be doomed by the curse of the dodgy potentiometers, I'm afraid :cry:

Took apart my T3PAs and cleaned them, but no dice, so that puts me out of contention.

Thanks a lot @Medilloni for helping run the race, much appreciated :thumbsup: Sorry not to be there.

Next week I'm on vacation, so we can either find someone who's willing to host it for one week or take a week off. Let's see how it goes :)
Glad to help Chris - and if you mean you're away for the 19th (I might not be here 26th), just pm me the track choice and I'll do the thread 'n stuff on the night.

Thanks for organising tonight :thumbsup: ...and good luck with the pedals!

My P4 dream lasted all of 10 minutes, until I tried to give Han room on the inside over the bump, didn't lift enough and found myself upside down, which is an insta-teleport to the pits with an automatic full service stop to boot. Shame because I would have had the pace to fight for maybe P5/P6; on the other hand, I did hit one too many lampposts anyway.

Oh well, at least I had fun. Thanks @Medilloni for running the show tonight, it's good to be back racing :)

Tough track but really enjoyed that race, there was a few cars flying about at the start, me included! My brain short circuited and I forgot to brake for the hairpin and joined @Spilskinanka in the wall adding to the chaos, sorry if I also got in anyone's way. Spent almost the whole race battling with @YobbaZ but after hitting 2 lamposts in the latter stages of the race I couldn't quite get past in the end, great fun!

Thanks for organizing. Track was a positive surprise! Thanks to @nash112 for clean battles. Soft's almost got me in the end when spinning out on almost final lap. Those lamp posts got also me atleast once :roflmao:

Really enjoyed that! Starting from 8th and slipping through the pile of cars in T1 I was 5th behind @Luca Badin . Chased him for a few laps and could finally outturn him in the last hairpin. We went side by side towards the jump but as I was on the right side he had to lift more. It didn't went well as I saw him ending on the roof. Next lap I messed up my own jump to fall back to 8th I think.:notworthy: Managed to catch up with @Kek700 and could overtake him in the last hairpin. I was catching up on @nash112 when a spinned car blocked my line and I totally lost the car trying to avoid a collision. Lost again some places and finished 9th. A bit disappointing because I had steady lap times in the 1.49 which would have been enough for 5th.
Thanks @Medilloni and @Chris Down for organising and congrats to the podium. (@erazerr7 : 1.46!!?? really!!??):confused:

Enjoyable race for me :)but had no pace at all on this circuit. So resigned myself to relying on other peoples mistakes, but with no real pace this was of little use.
The 911 was a really nice stable drive but with me in the package not competitive.
@HF2000 and @Medilloni caught me near the end, I just pulled over and let them both go as there was little I could do to defend, really had no fight left in me either.:(
just had one moment which lost me a bit of time when I was not concentrating, other than that pretty uneventful race.
Sorry to hear @Chris Down peddles let him down, hope he gets that fixed soon and a special thanks to John @Medilloni for stepping up to run the event.:)

PS, the 911 was faultless over the hump.

Enjoyable race for me :)but had no pace at all on this circuit. So resigned myself to relying on other peoples mistakes, but with no real pace this was of little use.
The 911 was a really nice stable drive but with me in the package not competitive.
@HF2000 and @Medilloni caught me near the end, I just pulled over and let them both go as there was little I could do to defend, really had no fight left in me either.:(
just had one moment which lost me a bit of time when I was not concentrating, other than that pretty uneventful race.
Sorry to hear @Chris Down peddles let him down, hope he gets that fixed soon and a special thanks to John @Medilloni for stepping up to run the event.:)

PS, the 911 was faultless over the hump.
Enjoyable for me too Ernie - I'm still driving around Fat-Alfie 's tracks in awe, such amazing places to race. I have a serious hankering to put an event on @ Thomson Road with the Transit Van mod, but I'm not brave enough!:whistling::p

Race was an odd one, hadn't had more than a couple of laps on the server, then @ 7 last night did a few laps in hotlap to get the fuel, and thought I'd set a good time.... then went on the server, with the ballast I'd forgotten about, oops! :laugh:

The Mrs came home after 2 days darn sarf, literally as I was giving the pre quali nag pep talk. Had to be polite and say 'hi' so missed quali, then she was still talking at the start, missed it and got a 14 sec penalty:roflmao:

Fred Karno's Circus continued... crashed so often I'd forgotten how many times:D went to pit and forgot to change tyres - so when I was behind you I thought "I'm knackered, tyres are red, so I'll just follow Ernie 'round 'till the end" - on the bright side I've no idea where we finished:confused::p

Thanks as always for the fair racing from everyone, it's only up from here:roflmao:

This circuit is very difficult ( impossible) to overtake, although the 911 lost out on the straights it made time back on the hump. Over taking is impossible for the rest of the circuit. It means someone is going to take a big risk. Plus when it goes wrong you are stuck across the road, at the mercy of the next car behind.
I think if we had a full field it would ave been a night mare. Assuming you could get 30 cars in this circuit.
One reason I did not defend, I could see where it was going to end up.
You were both much quicker over all on this circuit, there was little you could do on the straight, were you were both quicker was were I was in the way.
If I had lifted mid corner the 911 would have gone, cannot talk about anyone else because not sure about their setup.
I think if we had a single make on this circuit it would make much more sense, the Van is no bad idea. :)

I wonder how many milk crates I could get in the back.:thumbsup:

Not that it would have made any difference to my position
but I was practising at full power- I was looking forward to a few snarl ups after the hump-
my question is how do I set my very own track to a lower power setting, for future reference?

but I was practising at full power- I was looking forward to a few snarl ups after the hump-
my question is how do I set my very own track to a lower power setting, for future reference?
When you go on practise or hotlap in content manager, on the right hand side there's sliders for restrictor and ballast

Hiya John,

If you've got content manager (you can't do this in std AC as far as I know), select either 'practice' or 'hotlap' and you'll see this as part of your screen (below). The sliders let you add ballast or/and restrictor. :)

(rt click, open in new tab for full image)
Capture.JPG

That really was a fun track! Little bit like rallying. It was a good day for finns. @Aksu made a great comeback with a win, congrats! I made it to P3, my first podium. Well it really doesn’t count cause there was missing some fast drivers, but still feels good. I had over 15sec lead to guys behind me, but did some stupid mistakes and @Sheashant L almost got me. Luckily I just managed to keep him behind me after the crash. Good race mate!
Well done Miika, congrats on the podium. You did well enough and earned it fully if you kept @Sheashant L behind you.

A shame, I was looking forward to seeing how my high downforce 911 and your GTR would match up over the race distance @Norkin but alas was not to be :(

Yeah I think it would have been pretty intense race between us. Shame that your race didn't go well.. But maybe next time! I'm not sure if I can make it this week cause I have my friend's bachelor party this weekend but let's see. At least I don't have much time to practice :D

Well, all my apologies for crashing into @Aksu that much. We seemed to be running completely different lines and braking points into some corners, and considering the fact I was trying to stay as close to the GTR without getting left behind it resulted in a few (many) avoidable racing incidents. I have no idea how you pulled the same pace in qualy as in the race, I'm a bit mystified/highly impressed by that one honestly :confused:. Kind of a bad showing on my part in terms of racecraft and pace, but there's always next week...

A bit of an unusual choice from @Chris Down (sad you couldn't be there, by the way :unsure: hope you got your hardware issues sorted out), but I think it played out relatively well. The scenery and the detail is high-quality, to say the least, lapping is very challenging, and I loved the flow through S1 and the first few parts of S2 which resembles the esses at Suzuka (future track idea? wink wink ;)), but imo even better because of the added bankings and large variations between corners. However, I found that it turned out to be a bit poor for close racing with aero cars, I simply wasn't able to get past Aki because I couldn't find somewhere to do it cleanly, really. But that's all good, the track wasn't designed for aero cars anyway, and it was a fun little experiment! I'll probs be trying Thompson with 60's-70's F1 cars sometime soon... Seems like it would be a good fit!

(@erazerr7 : 1.46!!?? really!!??):confused:
I kind of messed up actually, theoretical best was a 1:45.8 when all I could achieve was a 1:46.2... I guess that just points to the technical nature of the track itself, and how hard it is to get a consistent lap at Thompson :O_o:

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Next week we'll be racing the GT3s at Chang International Circuit in Thailand. Come join us for your weekly racing fix! :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back