ACC GT3 @ Silverstone - Wednesday 4th may - All abilities welcome

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Screenshot_20220504-073132~2.png

Great stuff. Let me know how you get on with the Evo 2. At Bathurst we found it was rapid but tried to kill you on the kerbs.
I’m liking the Evo 2. It’s similar to the McLaren 720S, but more subdued/refined. I learned pretty quickly to avoid high/ sausage kerbs.

I did a race distance against the ai last night and managed a consistent 2:02 - 2:03.

Just a quick reminder of the 2 main rules for tonight.

Please don't chat in game during quali or the race as it can be distracting for others. After you finish the race wait until the last car crosses the line then you can chat.

If you hit someone off or disadvantage them when trying to pass please give the place back even if that means slowing down and letting others through (obviously slow down when safe to do so)

See you all tonight :thumbsup:

Please don't chat in game during quali or the race as it can be distracting for others. After you finish the race wait until the last car crosses the line then you can chat.

If you hit someone off or disadvantage them when trying to pass please give the place back even if that means slowing down and letting others through (obviously slow down when safe to do so)

Question about this:
I'm used to AC were the game has absolutely no penalties and we rely on reporting each other in a friendly way.
ACC seems to have a very nice algorithm for track cutting, gaining an advantage or not.
Do you know how often you get a warning before a penalty happens and what kind of penalties that would be?

I didn't find much info about this and have no clue if it's adjustable in the server config.
In rf2 you can set the amount of warnings, type of penalty etc.

So my SA is 14 right now. Since I also always forgot to deactivate it when setting up stuff against the AI, driving mindlessly via keyboard haha

Oops. I made a similar mistake, my better half had a race for a laugh and hit everything that moved. I find racing the AI a bit boring so it may be a while before I get it back up. Luckily I don't really seek to play on public lobbies so fortunately it doesn't matter here!

Oops. I made a similar mistake, my better half had a race for a laugh and hit everything that moved. I find racing the AI a bit boring so it may be a while before I get it back up. Luckily I don't really seek to play on public lobbies so fortunately it doesn't matter here!
Brilliant, my son sometimes has a go on my wheel (I have to do the pedals for him) so sometimes end up with a dent in my safety rating too! Luckily I like practicing offline with AI as I find them a good challenge when set at the right difficulty level.

Brilliant, my son sometimes has a go on my wheel (I have to do the pedals for him) so sometimes end up with a dent in my safety rating too! Luckily I like practicing offline with AI as I find them a good challenge when set at the right difficulty level.
To be fair it is pretty good. I do find with the aggression set high it likes to send it in places a bit too much. (Could just be my defending racecraft isn't up to scratch of course and it knows it!) If you out qualify them I find them easier to leave behind than chase if that makes sense. Starting mid pack is best.

Haha great stuff!
At least it should get up from the rd clubracing! :)
It goes up pretty quickly at the beginning btw. Almost as quick as going down..
I did a 10 minute ai race and although one ai sent it like crazy and I spun, the SA went up from 14 to 28 :)

Ok Lee, thanks for letting us know. Hope he gets well soon.
Thanks Swanny, hopefully I don't do what I did in the GT4 race at Spa by not starting the engine manually then getting a drive through penalty for speeding to catch up on the formation lap, then getting disqualified for speeding in pit lane, nightmare that was my first race in ACC I believe

Thanks Swanny, hopefully I don't do what I did in the GT4 race at Spa by not starting the engine manually then getting a drive through penalty for speeding to catch up on the formation lap, then getting disqualified for speeding in pit lane, nightmare that was my first race in ACC I believe
I took a drive through, stop&go, "disqualification" and finally a stranded car in my first rf2 race, I know what you went through :roflmao:
Thought you'd get 3 warnings when cutting the track.
Multiclass, Silverstone, me in lmp2 against gte.
Had to dodge an incident and flew across some grass, instant drive through because I didn't slow down at all and the severity was too high.
Didn't practice pitstops so had no idea when to break for the speed limit.
Went in too fast, stop&go on top..
Stopped for the penalty, thought the pit limiter would still be active, it wasn't. Another stop&go and still the drive through to serve...
Served the drive through, took the stop&go with the regular pitstop at 30 minutes of 60 min.

All good until it went dark and I had no idea what button my lights were.
Server said I'd get auto-DQ'ed without lights so I drove into the pits, no clutch, engine went off.
Race host told me that I could continue since the auto-dq was off.

Tried everything but I didn't have a button mapped for engine start and when you press esq, your car gets stored in the garage...

So I just sat there, lost in the pits and that was it :roflmao:

One of the reasons I annoyed Chris with all my questions before the race tonight :D

Speedy recovery for your son and hopefully see you next time!

Last edited:

Is that chat as in the text thing or do you use discord?

In game chat. Everyone is welcome to go on discord but I'd probably suggest the same thing on there. I don't go on it as my son is asleep in the room across from me.

In game chat. Everyone is welcome to go on discord but I'd probably suggest the same thing on there. I don't go on it as my son is asleep in the room across from me.
Cheers. Sorry more questions Chris . Do we need to map a start button ? Reading the story about it above made me think although sure didn't use one last week. Also with the pitlane is it like AC where if the pit limiter is auto you can just fly in or do you need to actually slow down manually :). Hoping not to need to use it tonight but you never know.

Cheers. Sorry more questions Chris . Do we need to map a start button ? Reading the story about it above made me think although sure didn't use one last week. Also with the pitlane is it like AC where if the pit limiter is auto you can just fly in or do you need to actually slow down manually :). Hoping not to need to use it tonight but you never know.
I'd get one mapped for the ignition and one for the starter (just on the keyboard) as a backup but generally if you have it set to auto it will just fire up for you.

With auto pit limiter you still need to slow down to the right speed I believe.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.