ACC GT3 @ Silverstone - Wednesday 4th may - All abilities welcome

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I took a drive through, stop&go, "disqualification" and finally a stranded car in my first rf2 race, I know what you went through :roflmao:
Thought you'd get 3 warnings when cutting the track.
Multiclass, Silverstone, me in lmp2 against gte.
Had to dodge an incident and flew across some grass, instant drive through because I didn't slow down at all and the severity was too high.
Didn't practice pitstops so had no idea when to break for the speed limit.
Went in too fast, stop&go on top..
Stopped for the penalty, thought the pit limiter would still be active, it wasn't. Another stop&go and still the drive through to serve...
Served the drive through, took the stop&go with the regular pitstop at 30 minutes of 60 min.

All good until it went dark and I had no idea what button my lights were.
Server said I'd get auto-DQ'ed without lights so I drove into the pits, no clutch, engine went off.
Race host told me that I could continue since the auto-dq was off.

Tried everything but I didn't have a button mapped for engine start and when you press esq, your car gets stored in the garage...

So I just sat there, lost in the pits and that was it :roflmao:

One of the reasons I annoyed Chris with all my questions before the race tonight :D

Speedy recovery for your son and hopefully see you next time!
Thanks for the best wishes, I feel your pain. I'm not overly familiar with Monza so I'll have to do a little bit of practice trying to get a decent pace but most of the time is going to have to be spent making sure I'm not breaking any rules and practicing the pit stops etc for the series, I dont want to be "that guy" again

Thanks for the best wishes, I feel your pain. I'm not overly familiar with Monza so I'll have to do a little bit of practice trying to get a decent pace but most of the time is going to have to be spent making sure I'm not breaking any rules and practicing the pit stops etc for the series, I dont want to be "that guy" again
I haven't checked, have you signed up to the series warm up next week? Same settings as round 1 the week after so it gives everyone a chance to test everything out before the series kicks off.

P.S - to qualify as a legitimate stop all you need to do is change tyres and pit during the pit stop window. You don't need to try and select another driver like you do in single player.

Also just a reminder to all that this race has no mandatory pit stop in case anyone has missed it.

Server is live. Make sure you have your multiplayer filter set to all and no ping limit. Password if you didn't spot it is rdsprint.

Sorry guys, real life came up last minute so I couldn't make it online tonight.

Annoying, as I also forgot to remove my entry.

Hope it went well!

Sorry guys, real life came up last minute so I couldn't make it online tonight.

Annoying, as I also forgot to remove my entry.

Hope it went well!
No worries Will, it happens! I think most seemed to have a good race, we had a 3 way battle for the lead in the opening laps - it was bloody awesome!

Last edited:
One thing I've found is the Porsche likes more fuel. I did a faster lap in the race than I did in quali.

Presumably the tank position vs where the engine is has something to do with it.

Great race. Got dropped at the start by a few and was 4th by maggots. Got past Harry into Stowe back into 3rd then had a real battle with Andrew and Chris for the first 10 mins. I have no idea how we all survived that but it was great racing. That Honda didn't look powerful enough out of the corners. You were very quick Chris, I felt I could have a nibble for a few laps but then I dropped off a bit and only saw you gradually grow the gap after that. Looking forward to the next one.

Just a quick note to all
From what I've seen we have a good bunch of racers attending our ACC events which is great! I have noticed a few incidents which could have been avoided if the in game radar was turned on or being made use of.

If you aren't currently using the in game radar please enable it and try it out. It will save a lot of guess work as to where the car next to you is. There's no way I'd have been able to have such a good battle with Andrew and Tim without it.

Last edited:
Thanks for oragnizing, it was a first awesome race with my new PC.
Those 30min. went very well, what a different a good PC makes compared to an old, on the limit running machine.

The race itself was nearly 30min of fighting for P5.
I enjoyed every minute, despite not finding a way to pass "Brooks".
It got even more intensive in the last quarter as "Daez" closed in from behind.
A big thumbs up for both. very nice, clean racing!

For the first time i drove the Hura EVO, and i have to say i like this car.
I had only a 60min. testsession, so I was really pleased how well the car felt.

Looking forward to the next weeks.
Hopefully we get some more drivers in!

hi all
my second race in ACC. A few years ago i raced one time but that race was not good. Yesterday it was ok but the lap times announced are much slower than in reality. So i was very slow but not so often off the track. Rasmus was as fast as ever :). I will give it a go because also nobody crashed in my car (also in practice and quali). So i will practice more and hopefully there will be more races with fixed weather. The dynamic weather would kill me because i have to battle to be on the track without rain. If i have to stop and choose other tyres and so on and to drive in wet one round with the dry set of tyres i will never reach the pits.
So nice event thx for organizing and hopefully there are mor races like this in the near future.
hape

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing