ACC GT3 @ Silverstone - Wednesday 4th may - All abilities welcome

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Just to confirm - no pit stop in this race. This will be our last straight 30minute sprint race before the series kicks off with the warm up event on the 11th.

Hi Swanny!
Me and a mate from the AC club are thinking about finally (really about time, geez..) joining some ACC races.
From the information I gathered:

- 30 minute race, no pit stop
- 27.5-28 psi after 5-7 laps
- time of day + temps in one of your posts to practice

Questions:
- start procedure? I'd like to practice to stay behind/in the green box/whatever
- do I need some specific DLCs? No idea if you need all cars from DLCs that are available to choose for the race or only the one you want to race with. And also quite out of the loop regarding which cars are from which DLC. Sorry!

Feels free to give super short replies. I'd just like to do some practice later today to get at least a tiny bit comfortable before the race :)

Normal short start procedure which is usually just before or after the last corner. Stay in the green, the game will soon let you know if you are out of it.

No DLC needed. Others with DLC can use the DLC cars but you don't need it unless it's a DLC track.

Looking forward to seeing you on track!

Normal short start procedure which is usually just before or after the last corner. Stay in the green, the game will soon let you know if you are out of it.

No DLC needed. Others with DLC can use the DLC cars but you don't need it unless it's a DLC track.

Looking forward to seeing you on track!
Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Any really slow car with the current BoP that should be avoided? A few years ago I used the Jaguar at Monza and, lol, won the first RD ACC event, my only win ever :roflmao:

Off-Topic:
Since then I didn't drive in ACC at all, oops... Only played around with the graphics settings when there were updates and used it to benchmark CPUs and RAM speeds.
Now that I'm finally happy with how it looks and runs, thanks to DLSS+DLDSR, it's really about time that I do some laps with my CSW 2.5 and experience the upgrade over my old G27 (I have the Fanatec wheel since 2019.. :whistling:)

I think most of the current GT3 cars are well matched. It depends on your driving style and what you like. I'd recommend the Bentley or Aston for stability, the McLaren is also really quick around Silverstone.

The Audi is fast but kerbs can really unsettle it!

Sounds good! I'll try the Jaguar, Bentley and Aston then and pick the one which feels best at first glance :)

The Audi... I am fast with it in AC and rF2 but every lap there's at least one moment of brown pants :roflmao:
Good to know that it's the same in ACC :p

I hope there's no safety rating requirement...
I created a little practice server for me and @hape and I forgot that private servers also influence the rating.

We had some fun testing the collision physics, since AC is "touch me and we'll both spin" and acc is more like "crash into me and I'll just correct the little slide" :roflmao:

So my SA is 14 right now. Since I also always forgot to deactivate it when setting up stuff against the AI, driving mindlessly via keyboard haha

Jaguar: it has everything. It's just older but was quite competitive back then and awesome to push. No idea against the newer cars though.
We drove the 2019 Aston Martin. Nice car even with the aggressive setup!

Last edited:
I hope there's no safety rating requirement...
I created a little practice server for me and @hape and I forgot that private servers also influence the rating.

We had some fun testing the collision physics, since AC is "touch me and we'll both spin" and acc is more like "crash into me and I'll just correct the little slide" :roflmao:

So my SA is 14 right now. Since I also always forgot to deactivate it when setting up stuff against the AI, driving mindlessly via keyboard haha

Jaguar: it has everything. It's just older but was quite competitive back then and awesome to push. No idea against the newer cars though.
We drove the 2019 Aston Martin. Nice car even with the aggressive setup!
Haha, brilliant - luckily no minimum safety rating required. We rely on people being sensible and following the club rules :)

Should be a great event!

Haha, brilliant - luckily no minimum safety rating required. We rely on people being sensible and following the club rules :)

Should be a great event!
Good to know :D
Thanks to AC's "Tap someone and it'll be race over for everyone around", I'd say we're very clean racers :roflmao:
But it's good to know that you can rub a little through the hairpins and the chance of someone dying when going side by side into Copse is only 50%, not 99,9% :whistling::barefoot:

Hi all, this time registered a car in time:rolleyes:

I hope to be a regulate contender in acc from now as i switched to a new PC last weekend. before, i had an WIN7, i5 4590/gtx1060 and it was always a very compromised driving. The last weeks even more as i had faatl errors, related to WIN7 so far i learned. Now with a new WIN11, 19 11900/RTX3070 it looks like that i truly can enjoy acc again, or for the first time at all.

Maybe i have some minor questions to setup the graphics at the best for nice and reliability.:thumbsdown:;)

Just practiced until the tyre pressures were correct and the car felt good to push. Did about 20 laps.
I hope you guys aren't lapping constantly sub 2:00 minutes with the 25/33°c, track to "optimum" setting and 50L of fuel :p
I'm quite far from it :whistling: :barefoot:

I’d just about got the Bentley into the 2:01s with race fuel. Couldn’t get close in the Ferrari. Was about to give the McLaren a go when the seat issue happened.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.7%