AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sun 20May18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Is there any significant difference between the Kunos track and the Silverstone GP track that is raced at this weekends Blaincpain?

Laptimes are strange (not going into details here but you draw your own conclusions, driving yourself and checking out RSR).

Was there a change to the track itself? I am puzzled.

• Deleted member 387850

The on-boards I've seen look the same, so I can't see any obvious difference other than the fact that Blancpain seem to use the National pit straight as their start/finish line rather than the International straight.

One slightly curious thing I've noticed is that at the start of the Blancpain coverage they said the track was 5.901km and that appears to be the length of the circuit used in AC, however, on the Silverstone website lists it as 5.89km. On Wikipedia the F1 fastest laps are listed as:

Arena GP Circuit (2011-Present)
Length - 5.891km
Turns - 18
1:30.621 (Lewis Hamilton, 2017)

Arena GP Circuit (2010)
Length - 5.901km
Turns - 18
1:30.874 (Fernando Alonso, 2010)

As far as I know the only difference between 2010 and 2011 is that they were still using the National pits in 2010 and then from 2011 onwards they started using the International pits. I'm not sure how that accounts for 10m of circuit length vanishing, perhaps someone at Silverstone just bought a more accurate trundle wheel :D

I really like this image of the Silverstone track layouts over the years. I always liked the late 90's layout with the Bridge/Abbey section. It's a pity it's no longer used!

Evolution_of_Silverstone_Grand_Prix_Circuit_1949_to_present.png

Finally, some on-boards from 2010 using the National pits (and you can see the International pits still under construction), and 2011 with the International pits now in use.

• Deleted member 387850

Mind you, at the start of the Blancpain GT qualifying coverage they just mentioned the circuit has been resurfaced, so perhaps that's giving better lap times. You can read about it on the Silverstone website. That also explains why in this years on-board footage I can't see the very helpful line in the tarmac that marks the braking point into Copse!

Mind you, at the start of the Blancpain GT qualifying coverage they just mentioned the circuit has been resurfaced, so perhaps that's giving better lap times. You can read about it on the Silverstone website. That also explains why in this years on-board footage I can't see the very helpful line in the tarmac that marks the braking point into Copse!
That is exactly the point I couldn't wrap my head around.

I was shocked when I saw the timing sheet from the pre-Q and just couldn't believe the times.

I've clocked like an hour on this not even noticing it. This track is just amazing when you get it right. Constantly going slightly faster untill I ran out of fuel.

Is top right cold no matter what for anyone else ?

For a few laps yes on mediums but on soft all tyres should be upto temp after a lap.

I'm excited to race guys! Was supposed to go Silverstone this weekend to watch the BGT but got busy. However my friend bought a 675LT Spider which I went in as a passenger and it is flipping mental!! But it makes easy work of roads needs to be on a circuit, just amazing.

20180519_124110.jpg

20180519_111520.jpg

20180519_124124.jpg

20180519_131413.jpg

Then after driving yesterday today washed the GTS.

20180520_114650.jpg

Now looking forward to getting absolutely smoked by you lot :)))

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%