AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sun 20May18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
  • Deleted member 387850

OMG I shouldn't have looked. Some crazy fast times!

I wouldn't read too much into them! There is a real mix of lap times in the club races and even if you aren't the fastest in the session you can still get a good result by keeping your nose clean and turning consistent laps. Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on RSR you'll see a graph that shows "Lap time distribution". You'll notice that the fastest laps are few and far between and it's probably more accurate to set a target lap time around some of the "peaks" than the "troughs" ;)

To add to Jon about RSR:

1) use the filter to filter out any "professional hot lapping" times (I usually set up my cars and do my track time with race setups and realistic tires - the fastest hot laps on RSR are on the softest possible tire compound and beneficial track temperatures)

2) click on the little round "i" button on the right next to the fast lap times and look for those that have good consistency in a session.
The fastest (scariest) hot lap times often stem from being "lucky" laps were a gamer has pushed a vehicle truly over the edge try after try until he turns out one of those rare in a lifetime laps that were just clean enough not to have triggered the penalty system.
These are NOT realistic race pace lap times, often not even qualifying session times of the our resident aliens.

If you use RSR lap times consistently to gauge your own pace you will find after a while that you are so and so many seconds or tenths of a second slower than the fastest realistic times on RSR and THAT is when you can start using RSR as a great tool to measure your performance.
I usually have RSR on every time I train on a track. I never ever though get into hot lapping (dumping all fuel, getting softest tires, set maximum track grip level, set optimal track temps, … that 's just not having any relevance to racing for me).

You will after a while also see regular familiar names in the RSR lists around yourself, some of which you may know from club races here at RD - this is the coolest thing about RSR ;-)
I think Racedepartment should be striking some sort of partnership with RSR - the service is a wonderful tool and great things are possible with it if more people are using and supporting it (throw them a little money now and then - they really can use it to keep the service alive).

@suspectmonkey @Dirk Steffen

Thanks guys. I got really familiar with SPA and the 911RSR and was really competitive in the WEC raise (lead for an hour and finished 3rd in class) But that was alot of seat time and a borrowed setup which didn't need much tweaking for my driving style.

Now I'm doing different tracks with you guys and having to learn the setup routine etc it's taking me a long time.

I've clocked like an hour on this not even noticing it. This track is just amazing when you get it right. Constantly going slightly faster untill I ran out of fuel.

Is top right cold no matter what for anyone else ?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%