AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta, Sunday 21st March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That's not right mate. I'd like to see your setup for this lap

Eh? I really don't know what you're implying by "not right" and by "angry"ing the video, but I don't typically give out my setups that I work quite hard on, and I'm especially not inclined to based on such a weird statement.

Setups are something you have to work out for yourself -- or you can easily go get one from one of the ultra kindhearted people who think differently than me and does give out their setups, but at the end of the day using other people's setups is nowhere near as good as making them for your own driving style.

Either way, it's pretty rude and tone deaf to try and coerce people to give you setups by implying they did... something unknown? I really have no idea what you're trying to imply here.

(And just to note, since apparently even this time is "not right": the 2018 version, the one used in this event, is a lot faster than the 2017 version in the video @pattikins posted, 1:17.9 was my record there.)

Last edited:
Why on this very liberal forum are people still under the illusion that there is a miracle in setups. I have spent years doing my own setups, copying other people’s setups , buying setups, getting setup by aliens with amazing times, pinching half of one setup and attaching to part of mine, buggering up setups.
I can assure you that if there was such a thing, I would have almost certainly stumbled upon it by now.
Just to make it clear, you can get your own good setup, or you can mess a setup up, either does not suggest a miracle and not a miracle setup.
I am not the slightest bit interested in Chris’s setup, it is his ability that I would be interested in. I get beaten by faster drivers, Patrick, Reik, Demetri, etc , not their setups. :)

Sorry but are you freaking kidding me. You really slowed down at the end of the straight and started blocking the inside of the corner. Just minutes ago, you were reminded if you getting overtaken slow down at the start of the straight.
Really, thanks for ruining my Sunday, so I also wasted time during the week practicing the track just for you to dont feel right... And then you really just quit the race. Are you kidding me. If you are not comfortable DONT START! I am so pissed right now.

Sorry about the incident at the chicane, I wanted to stay out of the way but only suceeced in the opposite.
Didn't feel at all comfortably on this track, so I thought it was better to quit before ruining more peoples race.

Enjoy the race!!

Came across you a quite few times in this race, as far as I am concerned you did your best every time, even if you didn’t, it would not have worried me at all.
As I said you always did your best to help, and you always succeeded.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry but are you freaking kidding me. You really slowed down at the end of the straight and started blocking the inside of the corner. Just minutes ago, you were reminded if you getting overtaken slow down at the start of the straight.
Really, thanks for ruining my Sunday, so I also wasted time during the week practicing the track just for you to dont feel right... And then you really just quit the race. Are you kidding me. If you are not comfortable DONT START! I am so pissed right now.

He pulled in to let me and you pair through the chicane. Racing incident. Looks to me like he couldn't have gotten any more out of the way. Hope you fell better tomorrow!

That was a fun race!

Managed a clean start and luckily was able to keep it clean through the Esses going wheel-to-wheel with @Partick Eaton held onto P9 as long as I could. :D But my pit strategy failed me, ah well...another learning point.

Glad I didn't take you out trying my best Daniel Riccardo @Marko77 ... a bit aggressive for a Sunday race, I must admit.

All in all great race and I hope to see you all at Bahrain!

Come on, Stefan. I just watched the replay. You can't really blame the guy for your misfortune. He was way off the racing line and it was not his fault that you decided to go there and got yourself boxed in between the wall, Taj and Rasmus with no escape route

Great race for me on another circuit I hate, and it is a very difficult circuit too,
I have only one complaint, that Rotter Andreas must be practicing black magic, every time I got near him something happened. :roflmao: :roflmao:
mind you I was looking at a catching @RasmusP, last corner before the long straight, forgot about the corner completely. So that did not help me catchIng Andreas, could it have been more black magic.:unsure:
Compliments to podiums, and @Chris Down for the organisation.:)

Thanks for organizing and the good racing :thumbsup:

This time I went spontanously with the "mediums & 100+ liters of fuel" strategy and it worked out perfectly :) Could make up a place at the start and was holding up the entire field with my heavier car. Sorry @HF2000 for surprising you with my braking points but due to my heavy car on mediums, I simply had to brake a bit earlier. Could keep Thomas and @Kek700 behind me for some laps which, in the end, was crucial for the podium. When I saw I'm back in front of Ernie, afer my pitsop, I had a big grin in my face :D But he was coming closer and closer and I already was settled for some last lap madness as with the MX-5 :) Luckily Rasmus came along and put some pressure on you so I could escape your revenge ;)

Last edited:
He pulled in to let me and you pair through the chicane. Racing incident. Looks to me like he couldn't have gotten any more out of the way. Hope you fell better tomorrow!

Dont worry, I will. But I like to bring up the issue I had right away in a direct manner.

Come on, Stefan. I just watched the replay. You can't really blame the guy for your misfortune. He was way off the racing line and it was not his fault that you decided to go there and got yourself boxed in between the wall, Taj and Rasmus with no escape route

I was battling with Rasmus for position and went to the inside seeing a organge lambo at the corner. Thinking he will go through.
Rasmus pulled in front of me to defend. At this point I couldnt see the corner. And not in a million years I would guess there is a car just getting slower and slower. If you want to let a group of cars overtake you, why not wait on the start/finish straight were you can safely wait on the side or at the beginning of the straight.
After Rasmus saw the slower car he went right. At this moment I only had the option to drive into Rasmus or try to avoid the Lambo. In no way I could break, cause he was just not moving, making me overshoot the corner and lose over 40 seconds cause of this, and ending my race basically. I also Hit Brian but luckily he could continue.
If I battle with someone and we punt each other cause of aggressive racing or someone miss-judged a breaking point in the heat of the battle, I can live with that. But Standing on the track before a chicane after a high speed straight is just bad. I know it maybe sounds kind of harsh but I rather tell people how I feel about it so everyone can work on their racing.

Woooooow what a day and race for me.

Hope you'll enjoy this read :D

Breakfast -> 2h drive to the beach where a friend has an apartment. Eating something, 3 hours of kitesurfing, driving home 2 hours, not sure if I'd make it for the race...

Called my gf, she told me where a parking spot was, prepared the PC and some water.

I went through the door, straight to the PC, put the wheelstand in front of the desk and started qualyfing.

Quite a bit slower than my PB for the first 4 or so laps but then hit my PB and took 4th (at least I think so?).

Jumped out of the seat, plugged in my headphones which had an empty batter, washed my hair and face (at least, I'm salty! :roflmao: ).

Went back to the wheel and the lights came on. Screw me...

Seat not fixed yet, headphones still charging.

Kinda jumped in and managed to start.. Forgot that my Nissan setup needs the clutch and did the first lap without sound and moving backwards whenever I dared to brake, screaming for my gf to come over :whistling::poop::poop:

She managed to put the blockers behind the wheels, plugged my headphones back in and put them on my head. Then wished me good luck :roflmao:

P13 by then...

I was kinda on fire, I love this track!

Sadly I got knocked wide in the last corner by P11 and was dropped back even further than before.

Managed to move through the field, some pretty borderline dirty overtakes here and there.
Sorry to everyone who felt I was a bit over the top aggressive. :inlove:

But didn't touch anyone :)

Then the incident with Brian, Stefan and Taj happened. It was a bit chaotic and I didn't want to give Stefan too much breathing room.
When I saw Taj (couldn't see him due to Stefan next to me) I instantly moved right but it was too late and Stefan flew across the chicane, collecting Brian.

I was unscathed and had free air from there.
Caught up to Ernie/Andreas/Thomas.

When biting into Andreas' rear, I decided to pit (yes @640er when I say something like that, you can trust me :roflmao:) and went into the bits right behind Thomas.

Had to repair the car a bit from the crash in the beginning and put fresh softs on the car.

From there I was completely on fire and ended up right behind Ernie.

Due to completely different setups, I couldn't really go too close but then couldn't find a way past..

We were catching Andreas and I sniffed my first Podium in years.

Ernie did a mistake, I went past.. Then I did a little mistake and he went past again (there went my podium the first time..).
Ernie and I were flying but I was a bit too aggressive with the clock coming down too quickly to catch Andreas.

So I decided to brake late into the chicane.. Ernie did have none of that and simply shut the door, left me spinning.
I can't blame him, I earnt that :barefoot::whistling::unsure::roflmao::roflmao:

Had some mental recovering to do to keep it together around this track where you run into troubles when you're losing your focus for a moment.

A solid P5, I'm very happy!

After such a day, not knowing if I might race at all, jumping into qualy like that.. Super satisfied.

Has anyone managed to get the results? When I crossed the finish line in instantly faded to black and when I left the server CM just said "race cancelled".
No results for me then...

I would love to see my stats for this one.
I think it was my best race yet. Pace wise and focus wise :)

Luckily Rasmus came along and put some pressure on you so I could escape your revenge ;)
You were lucky that Ernie decided that today, he wouldn't make things easy for me like he normally does :roflmao:

I was sooo focused and flying. I saw the seconds coming down to you... And this time I wouldn't have pitted again :D

Congratulation to the podium! You were like a clockwork, just like Ernie!

Woooooow what a day and race for me.

Hope you'll enjoy this read :D

Breakfast -> 2h drive to the beach where a friend has an apartment. Eating something, 3 hours of kitesurfing, driving home 2 hours, not sure if I'd make it for the race...

Called my gf, she told me where a parking spot was, prepared the PC and some water.

I went through the door, straight to the PC, put the wheelstand in front of the desk and started qualyfing.

Quite a bit slower than my PB for the first 4 or so laps but then hit my PB and took 4th (at least I think so?).

Jumped out of the seat, plugged in my headphones which had an empty batter, washed my hair and face (at least, I'm salty! :roflmao: ).

Went back to the wheel and the lights came on. Screw me...

Seat not fixed yet, headphones still charging.

Kinda jumped in and managed to start.. Forgot that my Nissan setup needs the clutch and did the first lap without sound and moving backwards whenever I dared to brake, screaming for my gf to come over :whistling::poop::poop:

She managed to put the blockers behind the wheels, plugged my headphones back in and put them on my head. Then wished me good luck :roflmao:

P13 by then...

I was kinda on fire, I love this track!

Sadly I got knocked wide in the last corner by P11 and was dropped back even further than before.

Managed to move through the field, some pretty borderline dirty overtakes here and there.
Sorry to everyone who felt I was a bit over the top aggressive. :inlove:

But didn't touch anyone :)

Then the incident with Brian, Stefan and Taj happened. It was a bit chaotic and I didn't want to give Stefan too much breathing room.
When I saw Taj (couldn't see him due to Stefan next to me) I instantly moved right but it was too late and Stefan flew across the chicane, collecting Brian.

I was unscathed and had free air from there.
Caught up to Ernie/Andreas/Thomas.

When biting into Andreas' rear, I decided to pit (yes @640er when I say something like that, you can trust me :roflmao:) and went into the bits right behind Thomas.

Had to repair the car a bit from the crash in the beginning and put fresh softs on the car.

From there I was completely on fire and ended up right behind Ernie.

Due to completely different setups, I couldn't really go too close but then couldn't find a way past..

We were catching Andreas and I sniffed my first Podium in years.

Ernie did a mistake, I went past.. Then I did a little mistake and he went past again (there went my podium the first time..).
Ernie and I were flying but I was a bit too aggressive with the clock coming down too quickly to catch Andreas.

So I decided to brake late into the chicane.. Ernie did have none of that and simply shut the door, left me spinning.
I can't blame him, I earnt that :barefoot::whistling::unsure::roflmao::roflmao:

Had some mental recovering to do to keep it together around this track where you run into troubles when you're losing your focus for a moment.

A solid P5, I'm very happy!

After such a day, not knowing if I might race at all, jumping into qualy like that.. Super satisfied.

Has anyone managed to get the results? When I crossed the finish line in instantly faded to black and when I left the server CM just said "race cancelled".
No results for me then...

I would love to see my stats for this one.
I think it was my best race yet. Pace wise and focus wise :)
Really, really happy I let you three by on the start/finish! Thanks for the tow, by the way, it helped keep Mark in my mirrors. :)

This felt like a Kayalami re-run in some way, only harder. Once again, I could not use softs even for a single lap due to massive overheating and thus not able to compete for the pole. I could probably do 1:18.8 if I made a perfect lap, but it was not enough anyway, so putting 1:19 flat on the board and seeing nobody to take that front row position away from me I used the last few minutes as a short practice session instead.

Luckily for me, @pattikins bogged down on start again and I was able to take the lead and keep it for the whole stint. There was a moment on lap 3 where I made a mistake exiting T7 and let my opponent to make a good run and edge ahead going into the chicane, but I took the inside line for it and he clipped the curb on braking and could not stop in time ending up in the grass. I don't think there was another moment close to losing the lead in the first half as my tires still felt good and I had top speed advantage, so barring a major mistake I was safe. There was an intense moment when we ran into a group of 3 cars battling for position right after the start of a lap. I was lucky enough to squeeze in between them and made my way through the esses pretty much unscathed.

Patrick tried to undercut me, pitting a lap earlier and in hindsight, I should've pitted on lap 22 too as I met another pack of cars I had to lap and lost a bit of time which made the option of changing tires out of the question. Out of the pits, taking gas only, I was about 9 seconds ahead and he was eating that gap away by about a second per lap getting closer and closer with maybe just 3 seconds left between us at some point and then suddenly he was 11 seconds behind. Something must have happened, probably McLaren did a McLaren thing and tried to kill its rider.

That gave me some breathing room for a few laps, but he still caught up with me with 5-6 minutes left on the timer which forced me to defend on worn out mediums (left rear was red) for the last laps. There were a couple of moments when I made very bad exits from T5 trying to keep the rear from sliding and Patrick was able to pull alongside, but I took the inside line into T6 and with both that and the next turn being right-handers I was able to keep my position. Again, having less downforce and top speed advantage helped tremendously, if not for that, I probably would've lost it multiple times (though even one would've been enough as there was no way I could catch up after that). The finish line again met us separated by just a few tenths.

Thanks everyone organizing this race, it was a blast. My race setup is attached, though almost nobody drives the Audi anyway :)

Attachments

• race_2.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 37
Eh? I really don't know what you're implying by "not right" and by "angry"ing the video, but I don't typically give out my setups that I work quite hard on, and I'm especially not inclined to based on such a weird statement.

Setups are something you have to work out for yourself -- or you can easily go get one from one of the ultra kindhearted people who think differently than me and does give out their setups, but at the end of the day using other people's setups is nowhere near as good as making them for your own driving style.

Either way, it's pretty rude and tone deaf to try and coerce people to give you setups by implying they did... something unknown? I really have no idea what you're trying to imply here.

(And just to note, since apparently even this time is "not right": the 2018 version, the one used in this event, is a lot faster than the 2017 version in the video @pattikins posted, 1:17.9 was my record there.)
I didn't mean it in a rude way - It's hard to come across. Yeah I guess I was a little bit taking the piss, but that's just me. I mean, I just don't understand where the grip comes from. Of course you needn't share your setups. Jealousy got the better of me, and I lashed out a bit. Sorry Chris.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.