AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta, Sunday 21st March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I love the Lamborghini, you can do 20 laps without a problem, you think this is going well, then I goes into a slow motion spin, you think, we’re did that come from.
Hence I went for the Nissan.

You could post your setup here, I will have a look at it for what I think needs changing, change it and post it back. That stops me posting a setup that I am comfortable with but no one else is, there are some things with the Nissan that are time wasters..
So you still have a setup you feel comfortable with.:)
All I've done is tweek the gearing so it just hits the limiter on the back straight, dropped the wing to 5 (to reduce drag on the straights) and modified the tyre pressures so they settle at 26C. I don't know where to start with any of the other settings so they are all default.

Okay I will post a setup then. :)
I will try and make it not so radical then, if there is such a thing in AC

Last edited:
I find it much, much easier to drive here in a GT3 car. Perhaps it's the grip, or the downforce, but I was driving my balls off last night and felt I could get even more. This is also why I wonder about lap times. I thought I was doing amazing - and within two laps someone on the server (who was not using real name) beat my time. It is so frustrating.

Practicing together gives us a chance to see where we stand, and allows us to watch others, practice with some traffic, and discuss racing lines and setups.

Anyway, I'm confident I can keep it on the track at least. I couldn't say the same for the MX5.
Well if you find the GT3 easier than that's great! I did some practice today but I've been off track in almost every turn :notworthy:

How do you burn up mediums? I mean.. the track temps we use are so low. I want to make a case for higher temps so we can use split strategy softs / meds / med+soft / potentially hards depending on track conditions and surface.

When do you usually practice? I would practice online with you when I can.

Unfortunately, my answer is the same: I practice when I can :roflmao:

Jokes apart, I've got no fixed timeslots as I've got 3 sons (ok just one needs to be looked after as he's 10, the others are independent) and a wife which is working Tue-Sat while I work Mon-Fri. This makes every occasion to stay together one not to be missed. The only one timeslot in which I am often practicing because it's basically always free, it's about 15.30 to 16.30 Saturday afternoon. The rest of the days is throwing a dice or asking random.org :roflmao:

Actually this afternoon I was practicing for the Barhain MX5 race and was very satisfied (but I was alone and can't know how I compare to the rest of the pack)

Last edited:
All I've done is tweek the gearing so it just hits the limiter on the back straight, dropped the wing to 5 (to reduce drag on the straights) and modified the tyre pressures so they settle at 26C. I don't know where to start with any of the other settings so they are all default.
Default gtr setup is basically undrivable for me. Which is why I didn't use it in 4 years...
But Ernie and Aki got me getting into it and now I like it!

There's also phils gt3 pack at mugello.
A great racer and studied mechanical engineer. His setups are very close to the default but some critical changes.

Nissan gtr default setup is very stiff at the rear springs and weirdly over rotating under braking.
For me the default setup was understeery in almost every corner but somehow I would still spin with it.

Phil's setup is pretty understeery but safe and balanced. Stiffer front, softer rear.

My custom setup is.. Weird... :roflmao:

How do you burn up mediums? I mean.. the track temps we use are so low. I want to make a case for higher temps so we can use split strategy softs / meds / med+soft / potentially hards depending on track conditions and surface.

Beware of what you wish for. :unsure:

All you achieve, is forcing a change which eventually gives some cars a big advantage, then you end up with everyone driving the same car, never mess with a well tried and tested system that has been plodding along in a very in a balanced way for a long time.

If you notice, hardly anyone drives the Mercedes AMG, there is a good reason for that.

I don’t want a GT3 race, and see the same car everywhere,:)

Beware of what you wish for. :unsure:

All you achieve, is forcing a change which eventually gives some cars a big advantage, then you end up with everyone driving the same car, never mess with a well tried and tested system that has been plodding along in a very in a balanced way for a long time.

If you notice, hardly anyone drives the Mercedes AMG, there is a good reason for that.

I don’t want a GT3 race, and see the same car everywhere,:)

I don't know what you mean :rolleyes:
Screenshot-ks-audi-r8-lms-2016-vir-21-2-121-0-46-32.jpg

How do you burn up mediums?
Simple: you drive faster, which automatically puts more stress on the tyres :p

Stupid answer, but the truth :roflmao:

Chris chose these temperatures to make one set mediums + 1L refueling vs 2 sets of softs + 50/50 fuel almost the same pace.

If we go warmer, the softs will overheat. If we go colder, the mediums won't get warm enough.

But that's probably only for the either very fast drivers or very aggressive to the tyres drivers.
And depends a bit on the car.

That a lot of people drive the McLaren has nothing to do with the temperatures. In fact that car is very nice to the softs so going warmer would give the McLaren rather an advantage, than disadvantage from what I know.

But the McLaren has the nicest handling. You feel the most connected, sitting directly on the front tyres (feels like doing so at least).
It has this pointy, sharp edge kind of steering which is simply fun!

Last edited:
I don't fancy another Donington rerun, so can I ask what the rules are with regard to turn 5?

Is the RSR standard good enough?

Unfortunately no easy way to surface this to everyone, but mentioned earlier:

Also a note while I remember: we've previously agreed that the large kerb at turn 5 is so large that it cannot be considered a kerb, so it's fine to use. All other track limits still apply.

Hi, set my practuce track to air 20C track 6C, grip 100% as stated in the Event Config chart for this track
I have not been getting overheating, but on the practice server I am getting a different result [tyre heating]
Is the practice server or PC game different in how they deal with these temp details?

Hi, set my practuce track to air 20C track 6C, grip 100% as stated in the Event Config chart for this track
I have not been getting overheating, but on the practice server I am getting a different result [tyre heating]
Is the practice server or PC game different in how they deal with these temp details?

Track should be 26C, not 6C :) SGP shows it in a weird way as an offset from the ambient.

Last edited:
It's 'cause he's an :alien:

The corner speeds...:confused: I'm a gear lower. Always a lesson watching Chris' WR laps.
You're in a totally different car. Gears are adjustable, you can't compare that. McLaren will always have higher cornering speeds, because this is a GT3 car with the best downforce in AC.

Here's my setup for the Audi and a replay (remove .txt after downloading). +10C air/+14C track. There's still probably half a second there to be gained with the setup adjustment (rear left is overheating badly) and better driving

Attachments

• AC_200321-184353_O_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_road_atlanta2018_grandprix - Copy.acreplay.txt
    563.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 1.18.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering