AC GT3 @ Portimão - Sunday 5th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I decided to try a different pitstop strategy and had 105L onboard, thinking ill come in the pits and do a quick pitstop. But when i got in the pits, changing tyres took for ever! As soon as the race finished, I tested out pits stop and learnt that chaging tyres take 20 seconds and refueiling 50L takes 10 secs! :mad:

So all that extra weight during the first stint really compromised my race. But on the positive I learnt something today and also, had some good battles through out the race.

Congrats to podium and to all who took part.
Now enjoy your drinks lads. I know I will! :laugh:

Wow, what a race. I'm sweating now, I'm glad I turned the fan on :whistling:

I think that's the closest finish I've ever seen in a RaceDepartment GT3 race, maybe?

vlcsnap-2020-07-05-22h04m52s953.png

Great racing with you @erazerr7, and great recovery drive :thumbsup: The first stint was really strenuous, with you, me, and @Evgeniy Neytman all within about a second or two of each other :D

Thanks for organising tonight @Chris Down , really enjoyed that - fantastic track!. Congrats to the podium guys, and huge thanks to all I raced with for the fair racing:thumbsup:

I nearly made it to the end lol - but seems a night of things going wrong for people, mine was the pedals coming away from the playseat, yet again... obviously need more duct tape:laugh:

So my race was going well, was in a solid 13th, then about 15 mins to go my wheel just switched itself off and now won't turn back on :(:( I can only assume it's overheating but doesn't feel really hot, so frustrating
Oh man technical failures are so frustrating, I quite enjoyed the battle we had so its sad it had to end like that.

What a race! Totally unexpected too. I thought I was going to struggle to make it into the top 20 and just be cruising about learning the track. Next thing I'm qualified 13th and have the pre race jitters!

I wasn't far off a top ten in the end. Denied after a good battle with @JohannesK. It was glad for it though , as i've had some lonely races lately, always great to finish with a scrap for postion.

See you all on the next one :thumbsup:

As I am mutton Jeff, not to sure about this, but noticed that when I had the good fortune to follow Chris’s on one of his qualifying laps. Noticed I would loose a tenth here two tenths there, sometimes gain a bit or stay neutral. On the last bend I lost a shed load of time, I had to lift and hold half throttle to get around the bend. I think I over heard someone on teamspeak say the same, I recon I lost a good half second plus on that bend.:thumbsdown:

had some great battles with @nash112 and in the end with @GEO147 , got a place higher than I deserved, George ran out of fuel a couple of hundred meters from the finish line. Sorry George.:(

PS, wish I had the forethought to do a Chris and bump push him across the line.:roflmao::roflmao:

well done podiums and cheers @Chris Down for running the event.:thumbsup:

Oh, as John said it was a very high standard from all tonight in this race.:)

I decided to try a different pitstop strategy and had 105L onboard, thinking ill come in the pits and do a quick pitstop. But when i got in the pits, changing tyres took for ever! As soon as the race finished, I tested out pits stop and learnt that chaging tyres take 20 seconds and refueiling 50L takes 10 secs! :mad:
:D I did quite the opposite, knowing that changing tyres takes forever I started with softs and only about 23L. Did refuel 100L and still had to wait a little for the tyres to be changed. (In the end I had a ~20L left, should have stayed out on softs a bit longer)

Thanks @Chris Down for organising and congrats to the podium. Great track btw. :thumbsup:

@Interslice just watched our incident and wanted to say, that my virtual mirror was turned off and you caught me completely by surprise. Had no idea you are going for it (I thought I was far enough ahead), otherwise I would not have turned in completely. Luckily we both stayed on track and it didn't compromise our races. Out of curiosity, do you think the move was legit? After watching the replay I tend to say you caught me napping and it was hard but ok to try. But on the other hand, you were quite a bit behind and someone could say that was a bit of a dive bomb. I would like to hear other opinions on this in order to be able to better assess such situations for myself in the future.

I will start by saying sorry to @SOLO59, @hape and @stribbeck for hitting you guys in the first laps.

the whole afternoon something felt odd ... I felt like I can't push enough, like something is wrong with the car, but I didn't know what. I just felt that I can't find my limit ... something was off.

I've decided to retire because I've made 3 accident in 3 laps and I was just more of a danger for others.

P.S. I might have fixed the pedals, but now, once in a while, my paddles are shifter one more than it should :)) I have put debouncing at 100ms (which is double from default). Should I go even higher?

Don't worry about it :)
Had to quit again as my ping went over 800 no way I could race with ping that high, crap Internet is starting to piss me off now.

Thanks for organising the event Chris

@Interslice just watched our incident and wanted to say, that my virtual mirror was turned off and you caught me completely by surprise. Had no idea you are going for it (I thought I was far enough ahead), otherwise I would not have turned in completely. Luckily we both stayed on track and it didn't compromise our races. Out of curiosity, do you think the move was legit? After watching the replay I tend to say you caught me napping and it was hard but ok to try. But on the other hand, you were quite a bit behind and someone could say that was a bit of a dive bomb. I would like to hear other opinions on this in order to be able to better assess such situations for myself in the future.

Haha sorry for that, i didnt expect you to still be there! Couldn't have pulled that off if i tried!

That line is just how i take that corner and i reacted last second and felt i had to go up the inside or i would have punted you real bad! I had no intention of overtaking it just turned into the safest option.

Havn't seen the replay but if it was an actual overtake attempt i didn't think it was legit, although some people might.. I don't like to slide into the outside car and use them the stabilise at the apex however slighy the contact.That to me is fine against AI or whatever but not in club racing. If i had more control at the apex maybe it would have been legit. It's and odd double corner so it wasn't really a dive so much as a different line through the section.

Anyway I was so glad I didn't spin you out!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.