AC GT3 @ Portimão - Sunday 5th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Don't worry about it :)
Had to quit again as my ping went over 800 no way I could race with ping that high, crap Internet is starting to piss me off now.

Thanks for organising the event Chris

Seen you having issues alright You were sort of glitching about when i passed you. Sorry if there was too much contact there simon. I was struggling to read your car. Hope you can get the internet sorted :thumbsup:

Thanks for organising tonight @Chris Down , really enjoyed that - fantastic track!. Congrats to the podium guys, and huge thanks to all I raced with for the fair racing:thumbsup:

I nearly made it to the end lol - but seems a night of things going wrong for people, mine was the pedals coming away from the playseat, yet again... obviously need more duct tape:laugh:
At least it wasn't the pc John!

I will start by saying sorry to @SOLO59, @hape and @stribbeck for hitting you guys in the first laps.

Its all good.... Felt like you maybe just carried too much speed or missed breaking point. I was planning on staying out of trouble as I was slower than most, but somehow ended up in P14 from P20 before the incident.

But still no worries cause after that I couldn't stay consistent and made too many silly mistakes.

Hope I wasn't in the way of the lead lap cars. I remember on 2 separate close-call incidents while being lapped, there was a lead lap car ahead of me but no one behind me in my mirrors, I still got blue flags... So when the leaders came up behind to lap me, it was confusing for me, seeing blue flags with a car in front and no one close behind, then suddenly at least by the time I checked my mirrors, I was getting lapped and reacted late to stay out the way. But still, my apologies.

Wasn`t able to match the pace - downloaded the track 2h before the race :D

Although it was great fun at the 1st stint with Mike and Chris

Jesus Christ, how were you so quick without any practice at all @Evgeniy Neytman :O_o: colour me impressed. Congrats on the podium as well!

Another race that was... quite something. In a good way, this time, thankfully. @Chris Down I'd say that was probably one of our most (if not THE most) exciting/intense battles right up there with Imola and Brands Hatch, thanks for the good racing. Looking back I have no idea how we were able to keep racing that hard in the closing stages as in the replay you can see us sliding around all over the place due to the extreme tire use at this specific track. Looking forwards to next week, as always!

Sad to hear what happened with pit strategy @Sheashant L, usually when we go with a 100L strategy we don't tend to pit for tyres, as it kinda kills the point of the time gained pitting by only adding a single litre of fuel... I did try something more "exotic" this time around where I did a 70L start - 20L pit strategy. It worked great until I hit "that" bump and spun... :whistling: (which is to say, not for very long)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for coming out! It was great racing with you all again :inlove:

As for next week: what's that I hear? Is it the distant rumble of GT3 cars on a vintage circuit? After the roaring success of the Group C cars at Feldbergring, how could I resist the urge to run GT3s at another classic track: Thomson Road in Singapore. Come join us!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back