AC GT3 @ Paul Ricard - Sun 27 Jan 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Alright guys this was my last race for a few months, my right shoulder gave up yesterday and rest is in order. Thanks @Craig Dunkley for the races! It was awesome

I was hoping to say goodbye in style by wining in the SCG in my last race :D but I was bumped out of the track twice in the first lap. I don't have the start of the replay so I dont know who. But thats part of racing and its fine. Still had a lot of fun!

The car has fixed gear ratios, and in order to hit 300kph in the back straight, the first gear becomes very long and I lose a lot when the lights go green. Perhaps i'll try the mclarens when I come back. Cheers and good night!

Bye guys
Also try sticking within the white lines :whistling::rolleyes:

Cheers :coffee:

Also try sticking within the white lines :whistling::rolleyes:

Cheers :coffee:
Well what you saw happening twice in one lap doesn't make the rule :) Tires had 30 laps in them, grip and balance were changing fast, and anyone can go wide here and there. The important thing is that on the next lap on the same corners you saw me correct it. Its part of racing. Good clean fight btw, see you next time :)

cheers

Well what you saw happening twice in one lap doesn't make the rule :) Tires had 30 laps in them, grip and balance were changing fast, and anyone can go wide here and there. The important thing is that on the next lap on the same corners you saw me correct it. Its part of racing. Good clean fight btw, see you next time :)

cheers
Yea I'm just pulling your leg - Cheers. Too fast for me on old tires too. Porsche was a handful with 15 minutes of practice into qually :D

Thanks @Craig Dunkley for tonight's race, and congrats to the podium guys, stunning pace!:confused:

Was kinda dreading this one, a bogey circuit for me, really love the track, just can't get it right (and the set up) for good top speed (283kph tops) and the 2 corners at the end of the straight.

Had some great tussles early on, from 12th on the grid to 4th, then finished 6th... 'cos others had Baldrick-type-cunning-plans for strategy, dammit:p:p - felt sorry for those caught up in the early laps tussle, took a couple of top players out and looked to be an epic battle for the top 6.

@Dan Costa , hope you get well soon fella, you'll be missed :)

CAn someone tell me what constant cold tires is a sign of setup wise! (apart from driving too slow :))

That is a very difficult question to ask with this sim George, but I can assure you it is not alone, tire temps are really a hit and miss situation. Messing with the cambers and toe does not seem to make any difference.

Basically most will tell you that in this sim having the correct pressure is way more important. So basically you set the correct pressures, there is not a lot more you can do. You then decide what to run, normally your choice would be soft's or mediums....If soft's get to hot then your choice would be mediums and of course race length will also come into the equation. Always aim for correct pressures :thumbsup: ..the way you drive will also make a huge difference :thumbsup:

Well that was tough. Really struggled, tried a new car and tried to setup from scratch in very short time. On the soft's the car felt good but not good enough, but on mediums i was 1.5 - 2 seconds slower.

As the lights when out a GTR in front of me go a slow start and as i came along side him, he turned straight into me and pushed me clean of the track dropping form 8th down to near last, that was NOT cool!!

Got pushed of again, roasted my tyres, wanted to quit but pushed on and finished way down the grid. Had a few good little battles but race was ruined from the start.

Hopefully next weekend is better.

Thanks again @Craig Dunkley

I have always had problems with a setup at Paul Ricard circuit.
It seems to require a lot of mechanical grip coupled with low downforce.:)
?????

?????

I found I had to run quite a lot of rear wing otherwise the fast right handed after the straight the rear end was scary. I think I was running quite a safe setup to be honest.

Nice race, it was fun! :)
Had some good, fair fights, too
Yeah, some of you guys are so f.. fast ^^
But I was quite satisified with the result. Except my stupid mistake in the last minutes of the race, when that Ferrari came closer and I looked to the mirror too often :/
And still an issue: Too much fuel:poop:
But I'm still learning :p
Cya in the next race :thumbsup:

I’m guessing that you were in a 911. I personally ,
have never successfully found a way around that,
on a circuit with long straights.
If I had some driving talent, I may take a different view.
:)

Nice race, it was fun! :)
Had some good, fair fights, too
Yeah, some of you guys are so f.. fast ^^
But I was quite satisified with the result. Except my stupid mistake in the last minutes of the race, when that Ferrari came closer and I looked to the mirror too often :/
And still an issue: Too much fuel:poop:
But I'm still learning :p
Cya in the next race :thumbsup:

I think we spent a lot of the race together and some good clean swapping and changing. Good race dude!

?????

Yeah, on this track Aero was set to 0 in front and 1 in rear wing. Basically no Aero on the SCG.
I would say those who were behind me had a lot of trouble keeping up in the straight even in my draft.

I can give some more tips if you want. I leave it in this spoiler for who wants to read.

Rear aero = 1 Front = 0. I started braking at 60m at around 297 kph. It hit 306 kph once after some draft. With some tuning the right bend was no issue at all. I was apexing at around 245kph and maintained 235kph minimum when leaving the corner, with mediums and decent fuel load.

To have rear stability, its 100% on mechanical grip and weight distribution like you said. So, play with different ride heights. I found ~65mm front and back was perfect. Lower than 60mm and I would lose the rear instantly.

With zero aero, its important to keep as much weight as possible in the rear. It helps to stiffen the suspensions more than usual to limit weight distribution from back -> front. I was at 140 stiffness front and back. The front ARB was at 48 and the rear was 4, to give the rear added stability. The car will understeer like a dog, but you can get around it with a different driving technique and brake bias.

Theres also something to be done with dampers to help limit the Back -> Front weight distribution when braking. But I didn't have to, so I tweaked the dampers to hit the kerbs HARD without problems.

regarding tires, I usually I ride with positive TOE on the rears and negative at the fronts, but here I went with 0º front and back to gain extra straight line speed. It also helps to keep the tires cooler.

Extremely important In my opinion, is to chose which part of the track your tires will be between 26 and 27 psi. Where in the track can you gain more time by having the tires in ideal range? I tuned the tires to be 26psi at right corner after the straight. They would reach 28psi after the long right corner afterwards, and cool down to 27psi when starting a new lap. In hindsight it was not the fastest choice I think, but it was good enough for some pretty quick laptimes.

I didn't found camber to matter much.

Hope it helps!

cheers

Last edited:
If someone has a replay it would be nice if they could upload it, if possible. I only have the last 20 laps or so.

cheers

cheers

Speedy recovery mate!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes