AC GT3 @ Okayama - Monday 08 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well ACC the successor to AC GT3 runs on a Sunday night, last sunday with had 11 drivers, the Sunday before that we had 14 drivers, clearly ACC is having a huge impact and a lot of AC GT3 drivers are racing there, you can not blame them really, it is a better GT3 sim. This will only increase and ACC bugs reduce and it brings out more tracks, more cars and triple screen support ..It is the GT3 sim.

This way you get to have GT3 on a Sunday and a Monday..if we do not get enough drivers? they I may have to try a different class car :thumbsup:
The problem for us, folks from across the pond is that 20:00 UTC is the middle of the day. It works for weekends, but doesn't work for weekdays, obviously.
Also my guess is that ACC's novelty is going to wear out pretty soon and people will get back to AC (at least until complete ACC is released). That game got just a handful of cars and even fewer tracks and is not a finished yet. No need to move the event to Mondays

Yes it is the logical step and one I might be forced to try? ..I have to be really careful on my direction .I mean I love group C, but there are many drivers that do not, if I put on a group C event now, we would get 6 maybe 7 drivers. Mazda Cup is great, it pulls in a lot of members, but you have to choose your track wisely.

So if we move away from GT3, we need a class of car that can handle all our favorite tracks ..it may well be GTE...at least them we could move back to a Sunday night...there is also a GTE Ferrari and GTE Ford out there ..they would need to be tested and bop ...but is certainly not impossible ..just put a server online and ask for help, we could end up with a cool list of GTE cars
Yeah. I mean, it is a bit annoying. I much prefer to drive AC than PCARS2 but for racing, PCARS2 is a lot better...
And Group C has the other problems I mention as none of the cars actually race with eachother well.

LMP1 2014 with the 2015 or 2016 Porsche 919 with a 150Kg to 200Kg could work too but those are entirely different beasts altogether...

Problem with GTE right now is that you basically have the Porsche and the Vette. If we could get the ferrari and ford to work that would be cool but compared to the variety of the GT3 class it is pretty dire...

Who mentioned Pcars 2? ..It was was tried here a failed miserably .0 zero sign ups. I have no interest in Hosting a Pcars 2 event...If you want to race in Pcars 2 you are in the wrong place my friend.
I didn't mean it that way. I was ranting about AC car choice where we have a lot of cars but few in each class. So I was saying that although i love driving AC and I prefer it to pcars 2, generally, you have more options in pcars 2 for racing. More cars per class who play together.

Don't mean to propose a new series in pcars2 or anything.

The problem for us, folks from across the pond is that 20:00 UTC is the middle of the day. It works for weekends, but doesn't work for weekdays, obviously.

I feel for you I really do, but this is an EU event, there is still another GT3 event on a Sunday at the same time and lets be honest, even in its current stage, it is a better GT3 sim. It is getting better daily.

Also my guess is that ACC's novelty is going to wear out pretty soon and people will get back to AC (at least until complete ACC is released).

Seriously? I think it will increase as ACC gets better and better and it is getting better on a daily basis. Sure the numbers may decrease slightly, because the game is at alpha stage, but it will soon pick up again ..I only see one direction for this sim and that is upwards.

That game got just a handful of cars and even fewer tracks and is not a finished yet.

A hand full of cars? ACC currently has 6 and a lot more on the way... AC has 9 with no more on the way.

Agree it is not finished yet ..but the last ACC event attracted 4, yes 4 servers full = 96 drivers!!! Yes that will go down slightly as the events become more often, running most night of the week, but you can not argue that ACC GT3 is where it is at...or will be very soon.

Last Sunday we had eleven drivers sign up for the Sunday GT3 event, totally unheard of and please do not blame the track, ~Bathurst is a huge puller, I would normally expect at least 35 drivers to show an interest in this event ...the week before we had 14 drivers sign up, shockingly low numbers. This will only get worse, not better.

There will always be a few die hards like yourself, that will want to stay with AC, but we can not cater for a few die hards, GT3 = ACC, you can not argue with that. AC = anything BUT GT3...This is my own personal opinion, RD may have a totally different opinion. Do not misunderstand me please, there is still room for AC, many different events can be held ..GTE, GT4, GT2, C class, Historic ..to name just a few, but GT3 no...it has been replaced with ACC.

Completely agree. Further, the GT3 in ACC seem to be much better than the ones in A.C. I mean, it is a game solely dedicated to gt3 so what would be the point f the cars not being perfect fac simile? Eventually I will get ACC but A.C. still has a lot to give imho with other series. Heck even doing a competitive miniseries like a Porsche cup can attract a lot of people. Atm SRS Lamborghini cup is filling up servers.

Edit: 96(?!?) Drivers? Bloody hell. That bodes really well for ACC.

Rather taken with the 650 S, never considered it before and i am enjoying setting it up, including
driving it.:)

So that means please put me down for a McLaren 650 S Gt3.

just my opinion on ACC :), is that from my perspective it seems just more serious, the cars
are not easy to drive without a lot of setting up and that’s just to be reasonably competitive.
They seem to need small afjustments to make sometimes noticable differences.
Then the track, it starts to rubber in, then climate change and it starts to loose its fun factor.

Starting to become more of a serious involvement.

i can be at the back of the field in AC and still have fun, not so sure it will be the same in ACC.

i am prepared to be proven wrong.;)

ACC probably will become a better online GT3 sim when it is done, but it is definitely not in its current state in my opinion. And no, it's not getting better every day, the last update we got was 0.6.5 and there aren't any more planned until the final release. I hope Kunos will finally deliver what they promised (they already missed their target release date), but currently it's underwhelming due to bugs and missing features (like no damage at all, seriously?).

AFAIK, 4 servers with 96 participants were there only for the very first ACC race that RD hosted which was to be expected as it is after all the newest and very promising sim. The last race had two servers. And here's a quote from a post there:
As I said, I am a fan of ACC.
But I will join again only when it will work properly, which is not the case for me at the moment.
;)

I think that craig is 100% right in his analysis.
ACC will kill gt3 on assetto corsa.
The game is fantastic , but in my opinion not yet ready for a stable and enjoyable online racing.
And it is a lot more heavy demanding on the PC side (VR etc...). There is always place for gt3 on assetto corsa for some more months.

If we had to change, i think we should stay with great looking and interesting cars like for example porsche 911 cup.
Open wheeler could be great, but maybe something without much aerodynamic (formula ford like in netkar pro, without wings).
To complex car to setup will be very difficult for people like me

Or why not f1 1967 ?
I am sure server will be full !

It is wrong to have this debate in the is this thread, being on staff I feel I should know better, so maybe I have already said to much of my own personal feelings. I really did not want to get into fight, especially in this sign up thread, I am happy to carry on with this debate, if there is a post made in the AC forums and I am sure others, including other staff members will have a say in this debate ...an open discussion in the AC forum would be much better :thumbsup:

I'm sorry if I started it, didn't want to make that into an AC vs ACC debate. I was hoping to convince you guys to move the series back to the weekend (maybe a different time might work if you feel that ACC has cannibalized the attendance), as that's the only time I can attend EU-hosted races and seeing a few responses here it looks like I'm not the only one for whom the new schedule isn't gonna work

I'm sorry if I started it, didn't want to make that into an AC vs ACC debate. I was hoping to convince you guys to move the series back to the weekend (maybe a different time might work if you feel that ACC has cannibalized the attendance), as that's the only time I can attend EU-hosted races and seeing a few responses here it looks like I'm not the only one for whom the new schedule isn't gonna work

I understand how you feel ..it is fine, I will do what I can to help you.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%