• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU GT3 @ Okayama - Monday 08 April 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by Craig Dunkley, Apr 1, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 08-04-19
  1. Ufko

Ufko
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    In with the Lambo :)

2. Ufko

Ufko
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    I dont se Lambo on practice server ?

3. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +379
    Sorry couldn´t join in on server,to late I found out that I missed the Audi so I bought
    and down loaded but just as I was ready the Qual was on couldn´t leave pit.
    probably just a fraction to late :(:x3::x3::x3:

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80

5. Faceplant

Faceplant
    Your Gentleman Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Good times :thumbsup:

6. Spilskinanka

Spilskinanka
    Premium

Ratings:
    +74
    What a fantastic race, many thanks to @HF2000 and @Kek700 , especially Ernie for the brilliant racing, we were together all race, I went to stay on one set of tyres, he went for the fresh softs and caught us up at the end but really great racing ona great track too, one of my better ones for sure. Only made one minor mistake when I was looking at the timing instead of Turn 2 :p

• Beer Beer x 2
  7. RobertR1

RobertR1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +264
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HF2000

HF2000
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    It was fun, thanks Craig. Congrats to the podium and to @Kek700 for finally taking 4th. You were faster so you deserve it although @Spilskinanka did a great job defending it:thumbsup:.

@Kek700 : you looked faster on the straights. Which rear wing setting did you use?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Spilskinanka

Spilskinanka
    Premium

Ratings:
    +74
    I tried to make my 911 extra wide, it worked for the first stint at least :)

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  10. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,832
    Guys, I am really sorry that I just could not race ..I have very little strength in my left leg, I just could not get any pressure on the left leg (brake)

Sorry for the bulls up with the times and fog, I just used regular settings on server, I will ensure that it does not happen again.

It looked a great race, shame that @Medilloni had problems, because he would have been battling with you at the front.

Great race Robert ..congrads to all the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and many congrads to all those that finished the race :thumbsup:

Multiclass next week, but if you want the GT3's back just let me know :thumbsup: Just scream at me when you register for the Multiclass event :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,832
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Captain Condescending

Captain Condescending
    Nerd, Petrol Head, Professional Noob Premium

Ratings:
    +115
    Good to be here! Awesome racing from the boys at the front - gave it all I had but the pace was beyond me!

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,910
    And from somewhere back in the pack....
    An entertaining drive on just one set of mediums, picked up 2liters at the stop.
    It sure was fun by the end of the race :)

Thanks Craig, RD, and all participating!

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Spilskinanka

Spilskinanka
    Premium

Ratings:
    +74
    Ah, the true 911 strategy! I did the same this race, usually it's the best way to go, use the 911's fuel consumption to your advantage.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    Sounds like you guys had a blast. So sick I couldn't make it. Love that track and in the fog mist have been tense. Great combo Craig.

• Beer Beer x 3
  16. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +356
    Rear wing set to 6 , i find this car really difficult, i needs plenty of wing to help me.
    it’s, that it always bits me when i am not expecting it to.

@Spilskinanka , deserved 4th place. i realised you had done a splash and dash
    but it was only when i finally caught you i could see you were really struggling for grip.
    All i could initially think, was, that i was never going to get past in 4 laps, when it had
    taken 20 laps of trying unsuccessfully. But when i saw that you could not even get it out
    of the corners.
    Well it was just a matter of opportunity, especially as i was on fresh softs.

The 911, well, out of the corners, it was gone, no hope of ever catching it on the straights.

Very sorry for the two incidences, @HF2000 and @Spilskinanka , being more hopeful than realistic.:redface:

Us three had a really entertaining race.:) many thanks.

And also many thanks for the race @Craig Dunkley

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  17. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +229
    Thanks for tonight's race Craig, as always great fun, people, and banter. Congrats to Robert @RobertR1 , Reik @Reik Major and Joseph @Captain Condescending for your podium positions :thumbsup: And to @Kek700 for fastest lap :)

My game crashed just before the start... a wee bit gutted 'cos that was my best quali position:cry:... joined a couple of laps down, had to finish at the pitstop, rejoining the server kept giving me a 'rolling penalty', though sat in with Robert, Yohann, Matt, Ernie and a few others, great fun!

Looking forward to the next one:D AND WEDNESDAY!!!!!:p:D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +229
    Hi Ernie. if you're liking the Macca and you'd like another setup to experiment with just drop me a pm, I was running 2 rr wing and the back end was glued, you can get away with 1 rr wing for quali, it's fast but a bit on the edge:)

19. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Driven by emotion, powered by logic Premium

Ratings:
    +773
    You were driving the wrong car. You want one of these:
    [​IMG]

The AMG is only good for 1 thing:
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 3
  20. RobertR1

RobertR1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +264
    Were you running the bathurst setup you'd shared before? I've just been using that and changing the gearing per track.

I couldn't drop below 1f/4r on the wings without having inconsistency.

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.