AC GT3 @Nordschleife Endurance - Sun 30Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I must apologise to all those who we’re unfortunately behind “me” in Godzilla;
With the much more extra pace they had over
me an overtake would have normally have been easy. But trying to overtake a bus with 700Nm of torque was obviously not easy.:mad:
And when it got to the long straight, even the
Lambo could not slip stream me.:sneaky:

If I can asked, I have been surprised by the "sessions".
How does it really works ?
In ac it's not that easy for long tracks so I'll explain the session parameters for a 1 minute track!
You have:
- session wait time: that is the time you have between the end of the qualy session/begin of race session until the lights go off. We have that set to 2 minutes normally.

- session end time: percentage of the fastest lap that people have to finish their lap before the track gets closed. It's normally set to 130% afaik so if the quickest lap is 1:00 min, when you cross the line at 1 second left on the session timer, you will have 130% * 1:00 min = 1:18 min + the 1s left in the session = 1:19min.
So 1:18 min after the session timer hits 00:00 everyone will be teleported to pits.

- session over time: after everyone got teleported to pits there will be a wait time again. Mostly set to 2 minutes.

When going from qualy to race you will have the "end time" plus the over time plus the race wait time.
Adding up to 1:18+2:00+2:00 until the race will start.

Now for the nords that will be messed up since the "end time" would be 130% of 8:15 min!
So you will be able to start a lap after the session timer hit zero for over 8 minutes but then you'll be teleported to pits! So you won't be able to finish a lap!

For the end of the race there are the following things happening:
- winner crosses the line before timer ends: he'll have to do another lap. So does everyone else in theory!
- winner crosses the line after timer ends: it was the last lap. Race over!

Now there's a timer... No idea how that is calculated but if the winner has to do another lap but for you the timer ends half around the track, after some time the timer will jump to "last lap" for you.
It's similar to the 130% from qualy but not the same.
So spa for example:
Winner crosses line at 00:01 left, has to do another lap. You cross the line 30s later, timer already zero.
After about half a lap for you it will jump to "last lap". Making you drive one lap less than the winner in the end result and maybe finish earlier...

This is a bit speculative. Never really tested this but I just know: put fuel for an additional lap in and if the timer ends about 1 minute or more before you'll see the finish line: it will probably be your last lap!

After the race is over for the winner there will be the "race wait time", set in minutes. Mostly that's 3 minutes so everyone will finish the race and be able to do some donuts.

Now for the Nordschleife it's different again!
If you would set qualy end time to the full 130% you would have a fluctuating race start time by up to 9 minutes!
Same for the race. If you're 4 minutes behind the leader you will likely drive one lap less or if you make it over the line before or switches to "last lap" for you, you won't see the finish as the 3 minutes won't be enough for you to go around again while the winner would do 9 minutes of donuts.

So in short: the Nordschleife requires a completely different setup of the time settings and this will either need a lot of planning to be "right" or if the host forgets one setting to change from the week before it's likely that something like you experienced will happen.
Imho these timers should automatically adjust with the pole time from qualy or at least have the checkbox for automatic adjustment but sadly that's not the case!

Here's a Screenshot of how the ac server setup looks like:
upload_2018-10-1_12-16-12.png

In ac it's not that easy for long tracks so I'll explain the session parameters for a 1 minute track!

Now for the nords that will be messed up since the "end time" would be 130% of 8:15 min!
So you will be able to start a lap after the session timer hit zero for over 8 minutes but then you'll be teleported to pits! So you won't be able to finish a lap!

I suppose it is about what happened to me.
As I said, I have been surprised.
I of course don't think that anything was wrong !

I suppose it is about what happened to me.
As I said, I have been surprised.
I of course don't think that anything was wrong !
Yep. I bet that happened to you. It's sad that ac doesn't handle these timings on the fly, giving every driver enough overtime to reach the finish. A limit like "120% of their best race lap" would do the job in a better way...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back