AC GT3 @Nordschleife Endurance - Sun 30Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
  • Deleted member 231027

not feeling too well and haven't had much time to test so i'll give up my place to a reserve driver ;) have a fun race you all

Hello, please also release my place for one reserve.
I start a new job tomorrow morning... I am a little bit stressed and so I'd rather have some rest than a late exciting race.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Enjoy!

@Buster If you still need to restart the server, maybe an idea to skip practice and make a 40 min quali instead? I'm sure lots of us will have invalidated laptime.

I decided not to race myself, having issue's with my pedals ..I personally can not get to them :mad: ..a friend is popping in tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed it chaps and of course congrads to the podiums and everybody that finished the race...very well done.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Santosjoao ..Sorry my friend, only just read your message in TS ..there were so many cancellations reserves and sign ups towards the start of the race, it became really difficult to keep track of everything :(

We race GT3 cars every Sunday and you are very welcome to join us, just try to sign up early to avoid disappointment :thumbsup:

My comments on the race.
It has been a great experience.
It was mas real first online race for years, and it is always a great pleasure.
After the build of my pc some weeks ago, I am now sure that I may race in excellent conditions online with 100 fps and maxed out graphics. And in this conditions, Assetto corsa looks so nice that it is almost incredible.
Plus, the nordschleife is the racing graal. Fantastic with these GT3.

If I can asked, I have been surprised by the "sessions".
How does it really works ?
After the qualifification, I stayed on the pit for a long time with "session over", and there was always pilot leaving the pits. How is it possible?
Same thing during the race. "Session over". I thought I would cross the line and it would be finished, but I instead I had to make another lap. I was lucky to have enough gasoline. And after that, I could not finish my lap and see the checkered flag.
Very disapointing.
Having a race with a fixed number of laps will be a lot more pleasant.
To be able to see the checkered falg is very rewarding, at any place.

Of course I am not the quickest guy on the track, I know that.
I just aimed to stay alive on the track and finish the race at my pace.
I try to be here when the other racers make mistakes and take benefit of the situation if I can.
For me, Simracing means fun, with nothing special to win ( I also don't have time to practise a lot, test various setups etc...) .
Some of you have been maybe surprised to see that I let them pass easily.
I could have blocked more cars behind me, very easy on the nordschleife, but it would have been a nonsense (especially in such track).
It is not the best method to win, but the best method for everybody to max out the pleasure.
I have NO chance to win on a normal race. I could maybe make a nice place on 2nd division server, but no chance with so quick guys as some here :thumbsup:

I am coming from Grand prix legends, in which only one bad shifting or a small contact with another car or fence means the end of the race, and because of that I am pretty conservative on the race pace (a lot more as some other people I could see on the track on the track :D).
I have been very surprised (maybe a little disapointed) that there is almost no damage in assetto corsa, or I should have for sure finished at a better place ;). It would also had more reality in the all thing.

I could only make some races per year, but this one has been a pleasure to race. !!
Congratulations to the winner and to all pilots who finish the race.

It would have been a bit of a baptism of fire to do this race as your first gt3 AC race for years.
Its just too long to generate enough practice time, even to partially master it. So like you, when i got caught ( which was more often than not ) i usually let people pass and tried not to make any mistakes which i achieved, apart from one off, “i just lost concentration for a split second”. I still
managed a top 10 place though, which was not too shabby. But trying to keep my Nissan on the
track was a real battle, i am sure my setup was far too race circuit biased.
A “normal” race at a circuit is much more easy to understand, so most of your question will be
naturally answered then. Nurburg endurance is a very difficult race and that’s by a long way
compared to a normal race circuit. People are much more bunched up and the race is better
defined.
The damage thing is correctly done, i think it is 15%, imagine it was 100% , no one would have
been left racing at lap three. 15% makes me think twice about getting damage. I try and keep
all my racing damage free, which is much more easily done on a normal circuit as opposed
to Nurburg ring. It really felt to me, as the name suggests, an Endurance race.:))
Unlike your PC, mine struggled with frame rate on this circuit, so with the screen jumping around
once out of the racing circuit part, It did not help with concentration. my eyeballs felt though they were on stalks after the first lap.:(:geek:

That was a race of firsts for me:

- First ever GT3 race
- First ever running Nords Endurance configuration (it's a looooong lap!)
- First ever pitstop or failure to do so
- First set of technical issues (crash to desktop while on grid and buttonbox disconnect requiring a reconnect)

Overall, I was positive that in the few laps I had consecutively before issues, I was able to lap consistently and my fast lap was hovering around top 5 (fastest 650s time) and laps were within a second of each other with improvements of .5 sec per lap. My theoretical best put me at 8:22.xxx but I can see what needs to happen to dip into the teens. Practice mainly.

My goal is now to get into the 8:1x on medium tires and run that pace for an hour. Thanks to everyone in the race and the fast guys for setting benchmarks. Looking forward to more GT3 races! I'll also try out the different cars in the class.

I will for sure make other GT3 races too.
and as you, I will for sure try all the cars in class (I think the AMG is not the quickest car, but maybe one of the most easiest to handle. Plus, it looks so cool !).
I love these cars a lot more than modern formula one for example.
Perfect compromise to race. (this is also why I am enthusiastic about Assetto corsa competizione too.)

A propos, I don't even know my final place , and my lap times. :laugh:
Just even don't know how to save the replays etc... :roflmao:

(regarding damages, I am for having high damages. Like in the reality, without the break bones ! It makes everybody more peaceful on the track, or the bill is expensive :whistling:)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.8%