AC GT3 @ Nürburgring (redux) - Sat 26th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
come on Georg I'm sorry for the 17:45 sign up. I thought you can sign in before booking started. Wont happen again. Come on Georg!! :cry:
I've posted this event thread on early Monday - you had six days to make up your mind. The rules are there for everybody, sorry.
--------------------
so... my online session popup says the qualy starts in 35m, but the forum post says it starts in 25... is that a bug? should i rebook?
Qually starts at 19:00gmt, just like in the OP. Now is 18:44gmt.
Click refresh server info to get accurate timings.
------------------
Enough now, I have a hot plate with a piece of roasted salmon and rice in front of me.

I've posted this event thread on early Monday - you had six days to make up your mind. The rules are there for everybody, sorry.
--------------------

Qually starts at 19:00gmt, just like in the OP. Now is 18:44gmt.
Click refresh server info to get accurate timings.
------------------
Enough now, I have a hot plate with a piece of roasted salmon and rice in front of me.

AWW COME ON @Georg Siebert il make him behave..

theres 19 people on the grid, and some already dropped out. I was unaware of the 17:30 sign up close I was 10min late to sign in and Georg won't let me race. It was my understanding that this was just for fun getting together with guys all around the world and talk get to know other racers and have fun.

Georg I wonder if you carry a note book around where ever you go and treat others that just want to have fun the same.
Come on Georg the grid wasn't even full. And I got in there and talked to most the other racers in there and they didn't understand why I couldn't race when grid wasn't full. This is going a little overboard HEH BOSS?

sorry its not worked out for you tonight, but all you are doing now is making a situation worse,
there is no need to do this ,
Please allow Georg the time to race in the event .

I for one agree with Georg, we have rules and we stick to them.
This event
  • This is a redux of the same event, due to server issues last time around.
  • Only one server will be made available to reduce load.
  • Server will be up, close to or at 18:00 GMT.
  • Booking starts at 18:00 GMT.
  • Sign out before 17:30 GMT, if you don't know for certain you can participate in this event or can't book in time.
  • Passwords are sent via private message before or at 18:00 GMT.
  • Penalties will be enabled during this event.
  • Time of day will be set at 17:00h for Qualifying.
  • The above means it will be darker than usual.
  • Turn on the lights of your car for extra effect.
  • The grip levels might be affected, because of the late time of day.
  • No changing grip levels set on server.
  • Set your surface in the race options to 'Optimum'.
  • Standing Start for the race.
  • This event has a minimal number of 5 participants to take place.

The rules are there for all to see, sorry if you did not read them.
now please let this be a end to it . :)

I thought I was on track for a clean race and my lack of consistency screwed me again. From what I saw we made it through the first corner without incident?

Yeah, the group raced the first corner in a cluster perfectly. Not even a bump, proper clean racing.

However there was one dude (i've no idea who) who had his wheel 360° to one side (happened to me as well many times :D) and caused a crash from p12 to p17... they never caught up (some quit?)

Gotta say one thing though, James Bolton made a hell of a race, he crashed to p11 and than raced his way up to p6. Proper good driving from him. Good job mate! :)

Anyway, this was my first race, and **** man, this is drugs! I don't think I've ever had such good fun in any computer game. I definitely need to do this more! (hopefully get better at it too at one point :))

Last edited:
congratz @Akis Kevrekidis

IMO the time "sucks" without headlights or HDR, cant see much and after 10 laps my eyes had serious troubles looking at the screen with this settings.
Sadly meco was spinning and i couldnt avoid crash, so i lost my 2. place :confused:

first off I feel sory for "your loss"...

but this could have been avoided by a quick announce on ts.. even tho we are slower (some of us) we are as focused to keep that danm thing on the track, a quick annoucement could have noticed me and i would have driven that danm thing in the ditch instead of trying to correct it :)

i did notice that your headlight warrent on is this a new "bug"??, i might even have spotted you if they were on since you came all of a sudden...

but again i cannot determine it, since my replayfile took a ****, and OBS were not recording.

Gotta say one thing though, James Bolton made a hell of a race, he crashed to p11 and than raced his way up to p6. Proper good driving from him. Good job mate! :)
Ya I was behind him towards the end. He raced nice and consistently and gradually pulled away. Any time I started to catch up I'd make a mistake and lose all the time again.

Hi George
Regarding John Spillers remarks i for one think that he has a good point. 19 players turned up for 24 slots. why, can not the rules be changed when this sort of thing happens.
The more racers the better the racing. Thanks George for all the work you do.
Take care

About the race, i started on grid position 4. At about half the lap, my screen went completely black( i use a tv as a monitor and it goes automatically on sleep after about 3 hours of not pressing a button from the remote control). Then, i could not find the remote control for about 5 minutes. I thought this was not real...Anyway, i believe the universe did not want me to race this one..

Ya I was behind him towards the end. He raced nice and consistently and gradually pulled away. Any time I started to catch up I'd make a mistake and lose all the time again.
Thanks, I finally got to do some overtaking in AC, it was a lot of fun.

Hi George
Regarding John Spillers remarks i for one think that he has a good point. 19 players turned up for 24 slots. why, can not the rules be changed when this sort of thing happens.
The more racers the better the racing. Thanks George for all the work you do.
Take care
It doesn't matter, if the server is not full after 17:30 GMT. All participants in an event are determined right at 17:30 GMT when the sign up window closes, what is written down in the Notes. The system, you agreed to adhere to by being licensed and signing up, can't be bend for someone who, by his own admission, didn't read and understood the Notes beforehand.
If I did, I would disrespect all those who signed up correctly in the first place.

first off I feel sory for "your loss"...

but this could have been avoided by a quick announce on ts.. even tho we are slower (some of us) we are as focused to keep that danm thing on the track, a quick annoucement could have noticed me and i would have driven that danm thing in the ditch instead of trying to correct it :)

i did notice that your headlight warrent on is this a new "bug"??, i might even have spotted you if they were on since you came all of a sudden...

but again i cannot determine it, since my replayfile took a ****, and OBS were not recording.
No Problem and yea my headlights was off, i tried to turn them on - but didnt worked..
btw i thought you would slam the brakes after the spin^^
Yea i was too much focused to hold up with Akis to speak in TS much :D
You never blocked me, just that accident - but nvm i had problem anyway with the daytime in the game.
Without HDR (it looks different) and without headlights i cant drive that long with this daytime^^

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back