AC GT3 @ Nürburgring GP - Wed 21 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good race everyone.
Wasn't the most eventful race for me. But was a very enjoyable battle for Pole position in Qualifying against Keith :)

I thought we'd have a great battle for the race lead, but I saw Keith run wide on the corner before the back straight, and he lost a lot of positions from there.

From then on it was pretty much just managing the tyres and fuel to get to the end, whilst trying to gap to Saleem. :)

I like the US events, good timeslot for me :)

Good race everyone.
Wasn't the most eventful race for me. But was a very enjoyable battle for Pole position in Qualifying against Keith :)

I thought we'd have a great battle for the race lead, but I saw Keith run wide on the corner before the back straight, and he lost a lot of positions from there.

From then on it was pretty much just managing the tyres and fuel to get to the end, whilst trying to gap to Saleem. :)

I like the US events, good timeslot for me :)

I thought we'd be battling also, but your ping had me really scared of hitting you and ruining both are races. I dipped a tire and got a penalty and tried to stay left in the grass so i wouldn't block traffic and the grass bit me and spun me. After that it was all down hill from pushing to hard and making stupid mistakes over driving trying to make up time although i did run a x.xx.x on lap 19 (my fastest lap of the race with shot tires). You think penalties are really needed? We all seem like adults and won't be doing any cutting. Dipping one tire a little deep and getting a penalty is a crappy way to lose a race especially when there was no intention of cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we'd be battling also, but your ping had me really scared of hitting you and ruining both are races. I dipped a tire and got a penalty and tried to stay left in the grass so i wouldn't block traffic and the grass bit me and spun me. After that it was all down hill from pushing to hard and making stupid mistakes over driving trying to make up time although i did run a 1.59.0 on lap 19 (my fastest lap of the race with shot tires). You think penalties are really needed? We all seem like adults and won't be doing any cutting. Dipping one tire a little deep and getting a penalty is a crappy way to lose a race especially when there was no intention of cheating.

Yeah, sorry about my ping. Just one of the many perks of being on the other side of the planet ;) (Sarcasm). Yeah I saw you putting in some blistering laps! It was like mid .59's for most of the race. I was trying to do mid .00's just to keep the gap to Saleem increasing slightly as he was getting quicker as the race progressed.

Umm, about the penalty system, it's really a double edged sword, because it will police the corner cutting and going off track to potentially gain an unfair advantage or if you're over driving and you slide off, however it's also bad because if you've been shunted off by someone else, and you get a penalty then it's not your fault.

We're keeping the penalty system in place for now because it can be difficult to trust people to not cut corners. I mean, if someone were to just use the escape road at the final chicane at the nurburgring instead of actually going through the chicane, then it becomes hard to police unless someone see's it and can provide video evidence. If someone who's completely by themselves, they can just easily cut that chicane and make up like 5 seconds and no one would know.

Yeah, sorry about my ping. Just one of the many perks of being on the other side of the planet ;) (Sarcasm). Yeah I saw you putting in some blistering laps! It was like mid .59's for most of the race. I was trying to do mid .00's just to keep the gap to Saleem increasing slightly as he was getting quicker as the race progressed.

Umm, about the penalty system, it's really a double edged sword, because it will police the corner cutting and going off track to potentially gain an unfair advantage or if you're over driving and you slide off, however it's also bad because if you've been shunted off by someone else, and you get a penalty then it's not your fault.

We're keeping the penalty system in place for now because it can be difficult to trust people to not cut corners. I mean, if someone were to just use the escape road at the final chicane at the nurburgring instead of actually going through the chicane, then it becomes hard to police unless someone see's it and can provide video evidence. If someone who's completely by themselves, they can just easily cut that chicane and make up like 5 seconds and no one would know.

fair enough. That just means i can't race on the ragged edge every lap lol. I have to learn to be more conservative instead of balls to the wall on every lap.

fair enough. That just means i can't race on the ragged edge every lap lol. I have to learn to be more conservative instead of balls to the wall on every lap.
Bingo :thumbsup:

But hey, that's racing. You must respect the track limits, and if you breach them because you're driving at 100% then you've got to adjust your driving accordingly. Because otherwise you'll be gaining an unfair advantage, so the penalty system cracking down on that is a good thing!

I mean, without it, people can just run wide on the exit of T4 at the Nurburgring and carry a huge amount of speed.

All great points @Chris Stacy. It us a frustrating system and hopefully it can be tweaked more in the future. In the future I'm going to have to keep talking to a minimum in the race, to concentrate more. @Keith Horner your pace was great, kept me looking over my shoulder.

The opening lap was great fun! Chris set the pace and the top four were all doing some great close racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back