AC GT3 @ Nürburgring GP, Sunday 24th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race everyone! That was a really intense one. Great to see so many tight battles in the midfield when coming through, I really didn't expect to see a gang of 5 battling it out with a couple of seconds between them 30 minutes into the race :confused: Also unlucky @Sheashant L on T1, my life really flashed before my eyes on that one...

Stint 1 I went as hard as I possibly could on the tyres to escape from @pattikins, which mostly worked, although the tyres were absolutely trashed about 70% of the way through the stint. That meant when I came up to @boomRoasted and @Taj Johal battling I decided to pit two laps earlier than scheduled and try a tyre management run for the second stint.

That mostly worked out ok, although the tyres were absolutely unusable by the end. Almost binned it a couple of times on the entry to Bit Kurve, but thankfully a dab of the brakes was enough to save a full on spin.

Great racing with you folks all again! Hope you have a great rest of your weekend :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice battles!
I practiced the start in the pits: TC off, neutral rev up, shift into 1st, off I went with some wheel spin.

Race start: shift into 1st, zero rpm, lost 4 places :roflmao:

I might have lost out on a race long fight with @Axel Moebius who kept his gap in front of me but I won a really nice battle with @HF2000 and after that with @Reik Major while having @Kek700 breathing down my neck.

When I was in free air I was shaking!

Forgot to shift into 1st gear after the pitstop and I think Reik didn't change tyres?
Had to eat up the 6s gap to him, really had to focus!

That.Was.Awesome!

Best result around the Nürburgring for me I think! Both Qualy and in the race!

Han, was my overtake ok? You forced me on the grass a few times so when my nose was in, I made sure that it got stuck there.
Didn't saw smoke/grass in the mirrors and you didn't spin so I figured it was alright... You didn't answer on TS :barefoot:

Another fine race, everyone! :D

Was honestly one of the most consistent races I think I've had and came into today pretty confident that I could get out of the p.20s. Unfortunately, those hopes were dashed as I was punted going into T3 on lap two. Really, pretty frustrated by the whole event but, to stay positive, I at least finished where I qualified.

Thanks for the fun @Taj Johal it was a great challenge catching back up after my spin :)

Cheers, gents. See you all next week.

This was quite exhausting! Qualified 9th and could keep this position for the first stint. Was in a very tide sandwitch between @thom462 and @Kek700. Thought I would have a more relaxed race after pits BUT Nohoooo came out of pit and who is directly behind me ofc @thom462. Was able to defend for a couple of laps but eventually my pace was a little slower. 3 minutes before the end I made a little mistake and got my one and only offtrack this race. And who was there to take advantage... @Kek700 but in all fairness also his pace was a little faster. So I was in 9th position again. Last lap last chicane I reallized @HF2000 made a little mistake the corner before so we went side by side in the chicane. Unfortunately we touched. Really sorry Han I just hadnt any more room on the left. While gaining back control I was too fast for the last corner and coundt break fast enough behind @uvraver. So so sorry that you lost your position cause of me. Besides this last lap it was a really really tide race and it was a very good driving. Had never be in a race before that had such a tiddly packed lower top. See you all next week.

And again my apologies to Han and John!

See you all next week.

A great race it was too, unfortunately, the Devils of Nurburgring were not smiling on me, nothing but trouble most of the way.

OIP.jpg

OIP (2).jpg

But had many many Great battles, it was the only time 60 min
seemed like 10min that's a first.:)
The most enjoyable race at a circuit I don't like, so that is another
first.:)

OIP.jpg

Was I the only one who had to try really hard when someone said "sorry ernie" not to say "ok bert"?

I had a terrible race. My front tyre temps must have been so borderline in practice that when I got stuck in traffic after a poor qually, that they went cold while I was stuck behind people. Never had that before and I spent most of the race under steering round corners much to the frustration of those trying desperately to get past!!!

... and I think Reik didn't change tyres?
Had to eat up the 6s gap to him, really had to focus!

Exactly mate. I had no choice but to go for one set of mediums for the whole race, because softs were getting to hot qickly and changing meds to meds wasn't an option to me. Only filled up 40 liters in pits.

I think especially in the beginning I was a pain for the following drivers. It was blocking for the whole race instead of attacking someone. Had much understear in teh car. The race felt like a torture - very exhausting!

Well... under this circumstances I'm happy with finishing 5th.

Grats to podium and thx for hosting!!!

Had a half decent race all things considered. Had a nice battle with @uvraver for a while and mostly kept on the black until near the end.

Apologies to @JamKart22 for the nudge. I just completely misjudged the distance. I did wait thought, as I noticed some others who didn't in the replay. What is the ruling on a slight tap. Are you still supposed to wait? I kind of took it that if the other car leaves the track, then you should wait until they get back on and take the place back....

Exactly mate. I had no choice but to go for one set of mediums for the whole race, because softs were getting to hot qickly and changing meds to meds wasn't an option to me. Only filled up 40 liters in pits.

I think especially in the beginning I was a pain for the following drivers. It was blocking for the whole race instead of attacking someone. Had much understear in teh car. The race felt like a torture - very exhausting!

Well... under this circumstances I'm happy with finishing 5th.

Grats to podium and thx for hosting!!!
Hehe yeah that was fun playing "accordion" with Cornelius, you, Han and Ernie at the beginning!

And it was great fun to hunt you down after pitting!
Btw did you notice that I almost lost it into T3 on the last lap? Lost 4 seconds over-rotating on the inside kerb... I was glad that I pushed the whole time before that... :whistling:

A great race it was too, unfortunately, the Devils of Nurburgring were not smiling on me, nothing but trouble most of the way.

View attachment 439215

View attachment 439216

But had many many Great battles, it was the only time 60 min
seemed like 10min that's a first.:)
The most enjoyable race at a circuit I don't like, so that is another
first.:)

View attachment 439217
Thanks btw that you didn't stuck your nose in while I was trying to find a way past Han but had to brake a little weirdly or touched the kerbs/grass.
I had one eye on the rear mirror and I think quite a few people would've went for an overtake on me!

Also I forgot to mention the kinda hilarious "no you go first"-moment with @Chris Down haha.
I almost lost it/missed the pit entry due to it :roflmao: :roflmao:

Absolutely fantastic! My favourite race on RD and probably favourite sim race full stop. The mid pack was incredibly close and having escaped the early incidents I found myself placed 12th. Quicker guys nipped through here and there but I had a blast defending and keeping my cool for the most part.

Apologies to @maxilogan for a hot entry into T10, thought I'd kept it clean up understeered into you and saw that you dropped right back so carried on. Really sorry as I was thoroughly enjoying the battle!

Slightly gutted that missing my pit box and having to reverse meant @GeekyDeaks was ahead after the pits but fun peddling to try and catch up. Just don't quite have the pace to keep with you.

Great racing with @Fiberoptix, @maxilogan, @Gangsta710, @Interslice and more. I hope all the encounters were mostly fair!

See you all next week.

Had a half decent race all things considered. Had a nice battle with @uvraver for a while and mostly kept on the black until near the end.

Apologies to @JamKart22 for the nudge. I just completely misjudged the distance. I did wait thought, as I noticed some others who didn't in the replay. What is the ruling on a slight tap. Are you still supposed to wait? I kind of took it that if the other car leaves the track, then you should wait until they get back on and take the place back....
I was enjoying the battle

It all went a bit pear shaped after that incident and I couldn't find any pace. A few stupid offs and a lonely race at the back.

With hindsight it was a mistake switching to the Ferrari. Much too lively for someone one with my limited experience. I'll stick with the GT-R next time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.