AC GT3 @ Nürburgring GP, Sunday 24th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Han, was my overtake ok? You forced me on the grass a few times so when my nose was in, I made sure that it got stuck there.
Didn't saw smoke/grass in the mirrors and you didn't spin so I figured it was alright... You didn't answer on TS :barefoot:
I watched the replay and I think it wasn't quite allright but in the first lap I did kinda the same with you. In both situations our car has a too much speed to go through the corner on that line so we're drifting towards to outside car with a small bump as result. I can understand that you tried it. So I'm OK with it.

About forcing you on the grass, well I don't know it that's correct. I try to stay as close to my racing line while defending. But you seem to be able to brake much later and than so it looks like there's a gap but I don't expect that then and hold on to my line which brings you into trouble. I think it would have been better to overtake me on start/finish with your better exit in the last turn and you're better braking in T1.

T Last lap last chicane I reallized @HF2000 made a little mistake the corner before so we went side by side in the chicane. Unfortunately we touched. Really sorry Han I just hadnt any more room on the left. While gaining back control I was too fast for the last corner and coundt break fast enough behind @uvraver. So so sorry that you lost your position cause of me. Besides this last lap it was a really really tide race and it was a very good driving. Had never be in a race before that had such a tiddly packed lower top. See you all next week.

And again my apologies to Han and John!

See you all next week.
Stefan, First I thought it was an incorrect overtake but seeing the replay you were already beside me just before the chicane and I did brake earlier. So you were first in the chicane and I should have backed off but I honestly didn't see you on my left (the chicane is so difficult I can't follow helicorsa at the same time. So I should be the one apologising!

@maxilogan wasn't your fault. I think I tried to put the power down to early to get a run on the inside and spun myself out :(. My races still have a incidents like this, was a total in 3 times I went off. My biggest loss was when I nudged @Stefano La Commare at turn 7 on lap 23. In the replay I see you tap @UHF79 who slides in front of you slowing you down. I then nudge lightly into you due to the loss of speed and you spun off. I didn't know at the time if it was my fault, figured it might have been so pulled over and waited for you to come past driving slowly through whole schumacher S on the grass before you and others over took me.

@Fiberoptix I also did a lot of mistakes both due to impetuosity and to trying of not being too much of a disturb when someone was lapping me (lost an average of 2.5s on those laps), and spun in T10 (after the Schumacher S) one time, but can't find the exact moment in the replay to understand why and who I did involve to apologize. I'll have a closer look at it this evening.

PS I saw from your profile that we are more or less coeval. Kudos for the avatar image, that was my very first "sim race" title.

I watched the replay and I think it wasn't quite allright but in the first lap I did kinda the same with you. In both situations our car has a too much speed to go through the corner on that line so we're drifting towards to outside car with a small bump as result. I can understand that you tried it. So I'm OK with it.

About forcing you on the grass, well I don't know it that's correct. I try to stay as close to my racing line while defending. But you seem to be able to brake much later and than so it looks like there's a gap but I don't expect that then and hold on to my line which brings you into trouble. I think it would have been better to overtake me on start/finish with your better exit in the last turn and you're better braking in T1.
Yeah I wanted to overtake you more cleanly..
But I wasn't faster than you on the fitting straights like start/finish and from my perspective it looked like you were really trying to block me, even forcing me on the grass and closing the door wherever possible.
So after a while, I thought you might want to enjoy a hard fought battle with a bit of paint scraping :cautious::barefoot:

What you say about simply not expecting me to brake that late makes sense though.
Sorry for bumping into you! :unsure:
Seems like our perspectives where quite different in this race..

For a cleaner overtake I had to get closer but then I couldn't see anything and didn't want to risk ramming straight into the back of you.

On the other hand, I tried TS and had it running in background, and could barely hear some sound but no conversations that I was clearly understand. I now tinkered with the in-app volumes but can anybody confirm me that there was some conversation going on like we hear sometime in Chris' video?
The video audio seems correct, although you don't hear Chris (I guess due to the capture setup). I had the same problem during my first race. I ended up using the sound mixer to reduce AC and CC quite a bit so that I could hear anything said on TS clearly.

Yes Rasmus , I spent a lot of laps looking for an overtake on Han, even with a power advantage, but less mid corner speed, there was absolutely no where to pass. You had only one choice and that was to hussel up the inside. Han is very good at
at spotting were you are going to try that and stopping you.
I was not prepared to take that route, but you had no alternative really, I could easily see why an overtake was important to you.
With me all I could see was three people in front, and little chance of overtaking any of them.
So I resigned myself to waiting for a mistake, that did not go too well for me when I got one. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

now tinkered with the in-app volumes but can anybody confirm me that there was some conversation going on like we hear sometime in Chris' video?
The video audio seems correct, although you don't hear Chris (I guess due to the capture setup). I had the same problem during my first race. I ended up using the sound mixer to reduce AC and CC quite a bit so that I could hear anything said on TS clearly.
I have TS on the default volume and AC on master level 1 in the in game app.

Then both, TS and ac at "full" in the windows mixer.
With full I mean the same as the windows master volume.

Sadly speech audio has massive dynamics and if the speaker isn't adjusting his voice or the mic distance, you need a lot of post processing to get it to mix well with other noises.
With multiple people at the same time it's impossible to get everyone dialed in...
Or if you don't have processing software available, you can just clip the crap out of the microphone but it will sound awful.

TS auto levels are mostly without clipping, so the average volume is very quiet compared to the production level volume of AC.

I have TS on the default volume and AC on master level 1 in the in game app.

Then both, TS and ac at "full" in the windows mixer.
With full I mean the same as the windows master volume.
I'll give this a go as I seem to be unable to hear the tyre screech particularly well with my current settings :thumbsup:

I just loaded it up and I can see you as car 28. It has you right up until the disconnect near the end. Can you double check that car number on your end?

Actually, I thought I was car 16, based on who was the 15 and 17 in the very moment I was watching. I misunderstood the way the game numbers the cars. The problem with car 16 remains but it wasn't me ;)

I don't fully understand how the cars are numbered either :D #1 always seems to be the car from which the replay was taken, but other than that I have not seen a noticeable pattern. The numbers are fixed right from the start though, so they are not indicative of the position on the track.

EDIT: I think the ones that are below the track or in the pits are either people who have dropped out or didn't turn up

Last edited:
Results:

If you're using Content Manager:
C:\Users\Rasmus\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Progress\Sessions

I have 563 result files in there. Didn't realize it until last week... I even had a shortcut to a batchfile that would copy the current results-file with date and time and then open content manager instead of a normal shortcut..

I don't fully understand how the cars are numbered either :D #1 always seems to be the car from which the replay was taken, but other than that I have not seen a noticeable pattern. The numbers are fixed right from the start though, so they are not indicative of the position on the track.
I think Car 0/1 is yourself and the rest is the server join order. Similar to the pitbox order

Last edited:
Results:

If you're using Content Manager:
C:\Users\Rasmus\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Progress\Sessions

Yeah, I looked in there, but strangely I don't have a file for yesterday. Got one for the testing I did in the week and the race at silverstone though...

Slightly gutted that missing my pit box and having to reverse meant @GeekyDeaks was ahead after the pits but fun peddling to try and catch up.
I had a look at your pitstop in the replay and I estimate that it was the length of the stop that really put you behind. I'm guessing you took on half the fuel? Have a go at racing with a full tank and see if your times drop noticeably as sticking in just 1L is a crazy quick stop.

Personally, I can still get a lot more time out of the car from driving properly, and I am so far from the limit that putting in a load more fuel doesn't seem to make one iota of difference :D

I had a look at your pitstop in the replay and I estimate that it was the length of the stop that really put you behind. I'm guessing you took on half the fuel? Have a go at racing with a full tank and see if your times drop noticeably as sticking in just 1L is a crazy quick stop.

Personally, I can still get a lot more time out of the car from driving properly, and I am so far from the limit that putting in a load more fuel doesn't seem to make one iota of difference :D
Beware though that you can re-fuel about 60L during the tyre swap, if you're swapping tyres of course :p

It was so good to get the royal rumble style battles going last night. Exactly what i needed. After 3 months out and a relatively lonely race at wanaroo I was out of practice with it. I DNFd all the races this year so would have been great to just finish...

Battles can't really be recreated on public servers as its different rules of engagement! I found lapping away with consistancy in fresh air came back alright but maintaining the spatial awareness and staying relaxed going 2 wide though the chicane gets easier the more regularly it happens! For example I pulled off one of my best sunday overtakes last night, lasting from t1 to dunlop, but the adrenaline dump was so severe afterwards i wobbled through the schumacher esses and manged to get the next 2 corners all wrong and spin out. My mind was too far up the road already thinking of defending into the chicane.

The VR buzz has really amplified the jitters. Normally i would barely break a sweat in these races and be reasonably relaxed throughout. The added immersion is crazy. It was great to sort of calibrate the new reality last night. Get used to distances to other cars and such. All the technical dificulties i've had with it seem to be sorted. I was getting really steady fps last night.

Last edited:
Good point. I don't think I have ever needed to change tyres as I usually stick to mediums. I struggle to keep the softs from overheating in the 911
Then you need to pusssshhhhhhh harder! :D
At Brands Hatch my rear mediums on the 911 were at 40% according to sidekick :roflmao: :barefoot:

Just joking ofc, mediums + 1L is a good strategy whenever you can manage an okayish pace on them and don't shred them to pieces..

Really enjoyed the race despite finishing very low down.

knew Im not the quickest and qualified a Second slower than I can but it would have made no difference to my starting position. So the idea was, stay out of trouble on the first lap, hope others would make mistakes I could take advantage of and aim for 20th place (high targets ).
worked great, took advantage of T1 chaos, ran 20 for the first 4 or 5 laps.......but then I decided to park it in the guardrail on the last corner
then it was case of lapping consitently and trying to close the gap. Ended up about 12 secs behind @boomRoasted but the gap wasnt closing, until Logan decided to spin off the track and let me past. Great, about 10 laps to hold a 8 second gap to come in 23rd !!
But of course I decided to return the favour and spin 4 laps before the end and let @boomRoasted past

still a very enjoyable race, many thanks to Chris for organising and all the others for the racing !!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back