AC GT3 @ Monza - Sun 22Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: That's my gear head, petrol head friend:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: You and I will walk before a stupid self driving electric car will ever take us anywhere :cool: When they come for your keys to your loud bi%@ing V8, tell 'em what we tell ' em in the states about our guns..."You'll have to pry them from my dead cold fingers":sneaky:
Hell yeah brother! :D
I'll be ruining the piece and serenity of a quiet fully electrified metropolis as I cruise down the boulevard in my vintage car at 9000 rpm. Everyone is going to give me the looks of disdain and disgust, but all they are going to see in return from the window of my car is
133429.jpg

and if they try to catch me and take it from me they can't, coz I still got better range :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Another fun race with a lot of drama.
Most of my setup work was to try make the medium tires work but it was impossible to bring them up to temperature. At the end of the qual session I decided to give up and do a conservative tire change on the pit-stop as I found was way more competitive on them.
Did another good start gaining a couple of positions. From there it was an intense fight with @Maciej Strzeboński for many laps. A couple of side by sides but not able to pass until the end of the first stint when I was able to finally making my move. After the pit-stop I could realize who was on a no tire change strategy so knew how to approach them. Unlucky I got stuck behind some cars that extended their stop. There was an opportunity to pass Maciej again when we got stuck behind one of those cars. He took an inside line heading to Lesmo 1 and I went to the outside. Unfortunately we ran out of space and I was taken out. He waited for and got back to racing now with some fast guys behind us. Laps later, while braking two wide with Bart S into the first chicane, I slide a bit into him, losing one position. Now the best fight of the race was with @Eugene Abramoff . He first passed me on the chicane, but while trying to give space to him I hit the inside kerb and touched his rear corner, making him spun. Big sorry Eugene, we lost valuable time because of that. Some laps later we got tangled in a fierce fight side by side from Lesmo 1 up to the Variante Ascari, Parabolica and finally taking the place back on the first chicane. Again, some laps later he did a move on the first chicane, but I did not gave him the proper space and he avoided the collision. Sorry again Eugene. After watching the replay I realize how bad I was taking the first chicane with other cars. You deserved that position.
It was a very intense race. A bit tight at some parts but fair enough.
Thanks all.

Thanks to all for the race! I still have big problems with my consistency and the switch from done mediums to fresh softs hit me hard. To spin because the amount of grip is too high is slightly unusual :whistling:. I hope more race experience and training will solve this :)
@Maciej Strzeboński I think I hit you (not you me), I'm sorry about that!

Edit: First time in a Lambo -> damn that thing is a rocket on the straights

Another fun race with a lot of drama.
Most of my setup work was to try make the medium tires work but it was impossible to bring them up to temperature. At the end of the qual session I decided to give up and do a conservative tire change on the pit-stop as I found was way more competitive on them.
Did another good start gaining a couple of positions. From there it was an intense fight with @Maciej Strzeboński for many laps. A couple of side by sides but not able to pass until the end of the first stint when I was able to finally making my move. After the pit-stop I could realize who was on a no tire change strategy so knew how to approach them. Unlucky I got stuck behind some cars that extended their stop. There was an opportunity to pass Maciej again when we got stuck behind one of those cars. He took an inside line heading to Lesmo 1 and I went to the outside. Unfortunately we ran out of space and I was taken out. He waited for and got back to racing now with some fast guys behind us. Laps later, while braking two wide with Bart S into the first chicane, I slide a bit into him, losing one position. Now the best fight of the race was with @Eugene Abramoff . He first passed me on the chicane, but while trying to give space to him I hit the inside kerb and touched his rear corner, making him spun. Big sorry Eugene, we lost valuable time because of that. Some laps later we got tangled in a fierce fight side by side from Lesmo 1 up to the Variante Ascari, Parabolica and finally taking the place back on the first chicane. Again, some laps later he did a move on the first chicane, but I did not gave him the proper space and he avoided the collision. Sorry again Eugene. After watching the replay I realize how bad I was taking the first chicane with other cars. You deserved that position.
It was a very intense race. A bit tight at some parts but fair enough.
Thanks all.
Don't worry about it, it was a very good intense race. I would guess most wouldn't know the best way to go side by side in the chicanes, because you rarely get encounters like that in club races, but I was racing pretty hard, so maybe that caught a few people off guard. It was nice to take par in such hectic race.
Q: who slowed down to 80k before the pit entry?
I normally do, but this time diving into the pits super late I managed to get down below 100 just slamming the brakes, but it had to have been above 80. I lost appropriate amount of time to compensate for that by overshooting my pitbox and having to reverse.

switch from done mediums to fresh softs hit me hard. To spin because the amount of grip is too high is slightly unusual :whistling:.
Often you will find, if you have a quick setup that's just a little edgy on mediums, it will turn into a nightmare on softs. If softs are a viable option for at least one stint, my advice is to set the car up based on softs and then put the mediums on to see how they react. From there you can can start trying to find a compromise between the 2 and hopefully have a much friendlier car;)

@Bobby Pennington I thought I could do well with the softs like I did in practice and quali (same setup), but as u said it was still too hard to handle. Simple hotlapping is doable and a few spins in the first minutes are fast forgotten. But within the race is just no time to get used to it and so I did a lot of mistakes. Thanks for the advice Bobby, at least I know the reason now - time to find a solution next time

Another bad race for me. The only good thing was i did not hit anyone when i spined twice.

But i have learned new things about AC. I am used to drive always in the same track conditions, in gpl, and have not thought about it here until last race. This is the reason because my car change from my offline tests and the race server.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back