AC GT3 @ Kyalami, Sunday 7th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Damn, I seem to have chosen this as my go to car would feel bad leaving it. It does also work as a constant excuse for not being quicker which suits me :D
To help @Fiberoptix a bit with the setup for the 911, I managed a lap on mediums which was only 0.1s slower than my best lap with the 488 on softs. I think you can be competative with mediums and tyre change. I'm tempted to switch back to the Porsche. And you can forget that excuse now :p.

Last edited:
Damn, I seem to have chosen this as my go to car would feel bad leaving it. It does also work as a constant excuse for not being quicker which suits me :D

Me too mate. Seems good on this track at least on medium tyres. Was drifting on the softs after 3 or 4 laps. One of the faster drivers was on the practice server last night using it so I can see its potential.

The discussion about GT3, BoP, 650s is OP, is not new. Over time we had a few challengers which could match Chris' times and give him a good fight during the race. Interestingly, nobody of them used the 650s. I can remember of the canadian guy in his 488, Enzo in his Lambo, Dmitry with his Audi and real Aksu with his GT-R. Then we have some fast runner-ups where especially Patrick with his SCG comes to my mind. The only car which I don't see competitive is the Mercedes.

I'm getting more and more into the 650s especially since starting to race in VR. In VR you have the feeling you are sitting directly over his front axle, making it extremly responsive and agile.

Btw: I once did an analysis about which car got choosen in GT3 races here at RD: Link

TL;DR

Screenshot_2021-03-06 The Scroll Of Truth Meme Generator - Imgflip.png

Last edited:
Woot, due to copyright claim, thats hilarious. There isnt even content that is owned by them...
That's what happens if you try to stick up for your mates and do the right thing - absolutely enraged to hear it. Clearly commericial plagiarism is ok if you know people in high places (eh Sim Dream??). There was a similiar situation a couple of months back when NVIDIA tried to strongarm an aussie channel into "agreeing" that RTX was the best thing since sliced bread (LinusTechTips had to sort that one out).

Thank's for the update Brian - poor Mike

Last edited:
As I crossed the line I was thinking that this one is for you folks :) AC staff and ex-AC staff me and @Celtic Pharaoh going toe to toe in RDGTC. Looking forward to being back with AC Club in the next few weeks :)

That backmarker in the teal Porsche though. Was holding up Tariq pretty good for nearly a whole minute. I had a feeling that if he didn't go wide there he wasn't even going to let you guys through.

Anyway, congrats for P2! Gotta give them mechanics a hard one for the botched pitstop :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.