AC GT3 @ Kyalami, Sunday 7th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
There is a live section in CM, where you can register and join races on SRS, WSS etc
Afaik RD isn't the best friend of CM since it once had a plug-in that downloaded mods from RD with some shady things going on.
Also some staffs are pretty great with PC/IT stuff and CM is not 100% "safe".
Sure, nobody really expects some virus in the CM exe but... You can't know...

So I doubt that an inbuilt sgp tab will become available anytime soon, especially with the SGP focus being on ACC and the implementation of rF2 and R3E.

But: I agree that it would be pretty neat to have something like the SRS live tab!

Man, this is one bitch of a track to learn. Didn't expect that at all. I wonder what is a good time here for +20C, 1:40.xxx, probably. RSR app shows 1:39 flat WR for 650s (best for any of GT3s), but I hope that's for +10C, otherwise, I have no clue where to find so much time :confused:
Lambo's "WR" of 1:45 is up for grabs :D

Found this video useful in learning track. But still quite a few secs off 1:40...

I watched a couple of similar videos before, but doing that yourself is a very different thing. I can't learn a track just by watching others drive, I have to do it myself to get the feel of it. And that damn safety net in the Audi hides many of left-hand apexes for me, I wish I could tear it off, can't see where exactly the car is going

I watched a couple of similar videos before, but doing that yourself is a very different thing. I can't learn a track just by watching others drive, I have to do it myself to get the feel of it. And that damn safety net in the Audi hides many of left-hand apexes for me, I wish I could tear it off, can't see where exactly the car is going
Just change to bonnet cam and enjoy the freedom flight :roflmao: :cool:

Man, this is one bitch of a track to learn. Didn't expect that at all. I wonder what is a good time here for +20C, 1:40.xxx, probably. RSR app shows 1:39 flat WR for 650s (best for any of GT3s), but I hope that's for +10C, otherwise, I have no clue where to find so much time :confused:
Lambo's "WR" of 1:45 is up for grabs :D

A 1:40.xxx will get you close to Chris's world record...

A 1:40.xxx will get you close to Chris's world record...

That's an old record. Now RSR app shows 1:39.0, also set by Chris.

I ran all the cars with default setups through AI and the best GT3 time was 911 (1:42.3), probably because medium tires worked best on that car. The next best were McLaren and 488 (1:42:5), followed by AMG and SCG (1:42.8-9). Lambo was half a second slower, then Z4 slower by another half, Audi at 1:44 flat and the slowest was Godzilla at 1:45.1.

I don't know if these times are a good estimate of cars abilities on this track. Audi clearly looks far off the pace, but even with my setup AI could only do 1:43.7. If the McLaren can runs softs for the race this is probably the fastest car here. AI with softs and shorter gears did 1:41.5 in it with no overheating issues, but so did AI in the Porsche with softs and I don't believe you could run 911 here on softs without toasting the rears. I have no idea how AI manages that, maybe the tire physics is indeed a bit different for them

Poor old Godzilla, mind you overtaking it here may be a problem though.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I'm pretty sure that either its default setup is total crap, or AI driver has no clue how to drive GT-R properly (neither do I though :)). Why the Audi sucks so much in the hands of AI, I don't understand, usually it's quite decent

the slowest was Godzilla at 1:45.1.
I did a 1:42.7xx with mouse steering and keyboard for throttle/brake/shifting. Without riding any kerb since you can't control it with the mouse steering.. (I can't at least).
I'm pretty sure that either its default setup is total crap, or AI driver has no clue how to drive GT-R properly (neither do I though :)). Why the Audi sucks so much in the hands of AI, I don't understand, usually it's quite decent
Default is.. weird would not even be a fitting term!
There's the setup from Phils from his GT3 setup pack for Mugello. That setup is useable!

My setup is a mix of the default, Phils' and one from Ernie. It's altered so heavily that I'd say it's "mine" now.
Here it is if you wanna test it:

Attachments

• RasmusP_GTR_Kyalami.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 38

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%