AC GT3 @ Kyalami - Sunday 4th October 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
One R8 for me please, I Just have to get my pedals fixed before tonight. I have ordered my TLCM 3 weeks ago and they shouldve been in stock by the 21st september, but still nothing :mad: New restock date is tomorrow

Last edited:
Mod edit (cdown): Please PM me with disputes instead of taking them to the forums, these things are better resolved without an audience :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was getting ready for a nice battle for P5 with Herr Consistent @hape and all of a sudden AC's connection dropped and I was left alone on the track. What a shame, I usually don't enjoy new tracks this much but Kyalami has been really nice to drive on.

Well, see you guys next week and congrats in advance to the podium trio.

Last edited:
@Matyas Kone sorry for the punt, was underestimating my breaking quite a bit. I waited on the inside and thought I let you by, cause there were 2 cars overtaking. was on the track again and saw you in the back of the mirror. Wanted to slow down a bit and let you pass on the straight, but then I didnt saw you anymore (cause of your system crash, I guess)
again sorry about that.

Great race everyone! Sorry to hear about @Aksu's dog being sick, hope everything is well now.

This track is a really interesting one: you need to tune the car for your driving style so it rotates enough in the low load, low speed corners, but not so that the back comes out in corners like T1 and the hairpin. A lot of fun to improve on, almost a mini Nords in some ways.

I knew overtaking was going to be quite difficult, and seeing @Aksu on the mediums and @RobertR1 on the softs, I knew he might get the jump on both of us. I knew that in order to win, I would really have to keep Robert behind. Thankfully my launch was reasonable enough, and Robert came at me on the outside into T1, so I had to unwind the brakes a bit to close the door. It looks like there was a pretty close battle behind me after that. I've been weak at race starts in the past, so this is an area I'm really trying to improve on. I think things went pretty well in terms of that today :)

I ran the medium strategy with 50% fuel at each stop. The mediums were fine until about half way through, when they really fell off. They felt pretty good towards the end of the race though, which was a relief, after remembering my battle with @RobertR1 here last time with a massive oversteer moment :)

Happy with the result, obviously, and no major mistakes from my side. Quali performance was pretty good, so I'm happy with that too.

Thanks everyone for coming out! Sounds like a lot of you had some great battles, really glad to hear that :thumbsup:

Last edited:
hi
i have the best result in racedepartment ever :) (ok Aki should be faster in the race than me) so its 5th and that was without a big mistake. I can only race with green tyres so i also change the tyres at 50% from and to medium. To all guys which i was overlapping: very fair.
thx to all
hape

Was a really fun track, but couldn’t get my car setup right (played a bit with a few setups, but know to little to really make en setup work). It was a pretty stable setup, but as soon as the tires started dropping i had oversteer out of every corner. It just wasn’t pleasant to drive. Just need to learn more about setups to make a good one. Thanks @Chris Down for organizing!

I was thinking today whether I race today or not, cause I haven’t played at all this week and it was a whole new track for me. Today I had some time to practice and I decided to give it a try.

Well it really was a great track! My setup wasn’t good but I still got decent times and it paid off with P3(Because @Aksu had to go, but anyway :D). I had very hard time to keep @GEO147 behind me, but he disappeared at some point, it would have been very tough race between me and him. So that was a shame. Thanks Chris for hosting again and see ya next week!

Last edited:
I was thinking today whether I race today or not, cause I haven’t played at all this week and it was a whole new track for me. Today I had some time to practice and I decided to give it a try.

Well it really was a great track! My setup wasn’t good but I still got decent times and it paid off with P3(Because @Aksu had to go, but anyway :D). I had very hard time to keep @GEO147 behind me, but he disappeared at some point, it would have been very tough race between me and him. So that was a shame. Thanks Chris for hosting again and see ya next week!
Hey Miika sorry I disappeared. I lost concentration for a nanosecond and lost the rear. After the tyres were ultra red and the car was undrivable. I spin 3 or 4 more times in half a lap. I was so annoyed at myself.

The fight we had at the start was excellent fun. Just a pity I couldn't hold it together tonight and put you under pressure. Well done on the podium :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Next week, we're at the much requested Donington Park for another 60 minutes of GT3 action. Come join us! :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back