AC GT3 @ Kyalami - Sunday 4th October 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi Chris. It’s ok if optional, but didn’t see the race results uploaded to raceresults.net. Also, my reply never begins from the start. Curious what happened on turn 1 lap 1 dust up. Still enjoyed the race. Thx

Hi Chris. It’s ok if optional, but didn’t see the race results uploaded to raceresults.net. Also, my reply never begins from the start. Curious what happened on turn 1 lap 1 dust up. Still enjoyed the race. Thx

We don't officially do raceresults.net, since we tend to discourage posting lap times, but it's generally tolerated for more competitive-oriented events.

That was fun. I apologize to who ever I bumped early in the race. Hopefully it did not ruin your run. The Z4 was pretty stable on this track. an 11th place finish was my best so far.

I also like to see the results at raceresults.net as it lets me see where I went wrong. I have all replays turned off as I get game crashes with this turned on.

I think it is time to start learning to drive the oversteer cars to get quicker. It appears the 650 is the car of choice. My experience has been this car needs time to master.

Good racing all. congrats to the winners and thanks for hosting!

@Partick Eaton
I have found that certain cars are quicker on certain circuits, I juggle between the GT-r , 650S , Ferrari and Lamborghini. That seems to cover it all, although the Z4 is very handy at some circuits like VIR, if my memory serves me correctly, a car I sometime run. But it is usually superseded by the ones I mentioned.

You can forget the aliens they would be competitive on a GT3 penny farthing. :(

That is a good point that you mentioned, I always dumb my cars down, so really cannot comment to much on what you said, other than I think I give time away by not driving a setup that is more biased to oversteer. Meaning I give time away waiting for the car to rotate.:(

@Marko77

You got your rear wheel on the kerbing due to the two cars hitting one another up front making all the cars behind juggle for position including yourself. You were probably looking to see what to do about it and inadvertently got onto the kerb still accelerating and consequently spun in a very Porsche like way, then being collected by the Audi behind. which i can imagine you thought had hit you.
That is why we both ended up at the back of the field. just a racing incident, it was nice racing with you at the back of the long gone grid of cars. :thumbsup:

What I found, with my very limited knowledge atm, that the Z4 is a very good handling car. It lacks some corner exit speed from what I can tell. But every time I try to switch to a different car, I just cant get the same lap times, or have massive problems just keeping all 4 wheels on the track.

I am not very good with setups and mostly just adjust tyre pressure and wing. I guess with a more defined setup the Z4 can be very competitive.

It has been very competitive car in the past, just a guess, I think Aki drove it very competitively.
It always feels dead to me ( if the engine screamed like the Lamborghini I may think other wise ) a bit like the Gtr, but without the grunt.
Personally under most circumstances, not all, I can get a Gt3 car to were it is very stable, Porsche included, with the proviso that some are inherently more sable than others.
But in doing so I quite often kill its performance, better 20 moderate lap than two fast laps then a off. ( oh! to have an alien skill )
But I always find that I can then eat away at the stable setup and improve it’s lap times over a period of time. I can now make the Lamborghini quicker than the Gtr, but have to be mind full that it will bite if I am not a 100% concentrating, generally I can wonder off into a daydream with the Gtr during a long race. :)

@Marko77

You got your rear wheel on the kerbing due to the two cars hitting one another up front making all the cars behind juggle for position including yourself. You were probably looking to see what to do about it and inadvertently got onto the kerb still accelerating and consequently spun in a very Porsche like way, then being collected by the Audi behind. which i can imagine you thought had hit you.
That is why we both ended up at the back of the field. just a racing incident, it was nice racing with you at the back of the long gone grid of cars. :thumbsup:
Thanks Kek700 for the update on turn 1. I viewed it as a racing incident too. Made it hard to catch up with Julius. When I finally did, looked like he spun while allowing a leader by after I did. I was hoping to run some laps with him.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back