AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 12th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
View attachment 360700
by JMW Motorsport on Flickr: link

Red Bull Ring last week was a real treat. This week, we have yet more challenging racing in the north of Italy at the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, also just known simply by its location as "Imola". A fan and racer favourite, the track has long straights and numerous challenging technical corners to keep you on your toes. Easy to learn, but hard to master!

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 PRACTICE #12
  • Race Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 RACE #13
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Imola OSRW (download here)
Pit stop: Mandatory
Temps: Air 20C/Track 26C
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (Download here)

Free practice:
server will be available throughout the week.

Please be aware of summer time change, official practice starts at 8pm UK time!

Official practice:
20:00 BST/19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying GT3: 20:30 BST/19:30 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 20:50 BST/19:50 UTC (60 minutes)

Entry List - 32 slots:
  1. Chris Down - TBD (event host)
  2. GEO147 - 650s
  3. Beau Robert - 488
  4. Norkin - 650s
  5. hape - TBD
  6. Luca Badin - R8
  7. Faceplant - Lambo
  8. pattikins - TBD
  9. Syndrami - TBD
  10. marek2209 - TBD
  11. HF2000 - R8
  12. Evgeniy Neytman - 650s
  13. djm68 - TBD
  14. stribbeck - 488
  15. Axel Moebius - GT-R
  16. madflea - TBD
  17. 640er - TBD
  18. Aksu - TBD
  19. Interslice - 488
  20. jackyboi2708 - 650s
  21. Nik Babin - 911
  22. jemmari - Lambo
  23. whtcrn - 488
  24. Ken Bell - 488
  25. steen skov Laursen - TBD
  26. Zeljko "Goose" Gusatovic - 650s
  27. Kek700 - GT-R
  28. Stefano La Commare - GT-R
  29. erazerr7 - 488
  30. SOLO59 - TBD
  31. Free slot
  32. Free slot

UTP#34
how can I register to enter the race?

why are people never picking Glickenhaus 003 btw? Is it a bad car compared to other GT3's, or just not a fan favourite?

There are some that pooh-pooh the SCG, but I like it. It's only recently that I've stopped using the SCG, when I switched to the 650s in reply to @Medilloni using the SCG @ Road Atlanta - up until then I was the only SCG (therefore number 1 :laugh: ) driver.

The main problem with the SCG is fuel. For an hour race you will need close to 130 litres (100 litre tank). More than 70 litres & the performance starts to decline rapidly. The only tyre strategy that makes any sense in an hour race is softs x2. Unfortunately, the softs don't work well with a lot of tracks.

The main problem with the SCG is fuel. For an hour race you will need close to 130 litres (100 litre tank). More than 70 litres & the performance starts to decline rapidly. The only tyre strategy that makes any sense in an hour race is softs x2. Unfortunately, the softs don't work well with a lot of tracks.

Thanks for the write-up! I've never raced in this car before so I'll take it from the experienced. It's a real shame that is the only viable strategy then, it's such a nice unique looking car and the sound is delightful. Also the interior is real nice, the 650s seems so bland as it has no rear view mirror and a real small dashboard

Thanks for the write-up! I've never raced in this car before so I'll take it from the experienced. It's a real shame that is the only viable strategy then, it's such a nice unique looking car and the sound is delightful. Also the interior is real nice, the 650s seems so bland as it has no rear view mirror and a real small dashboard

Yes. It looks great in VR. :thumbsup: Unfortunately it's 1-2 seconds slower than the 650s.:(

This will be my first GT3 race with the correct FOV configured. When I built my rig I used a FOV calc to generate the correct value -- I've been using that in AC. Just realized yesterday that AC is using vertical FOV rather than horizon FOV. I went from 64 to 31 degrees -- what a huge difference! Such a n00b! :redface:

See you all on Sunday!

Dom

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes